There was an site software upgrade

rawTOP

Are you referring to the large white circles on the RIGHT (not left) of the post?

That's where the "React" button (ie Like, Upvote, Downvote, Thank, HaHa) should be. They appear normally on my system.

You should probably specify which operating system & version (ie Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Mac OS, etc.) you're using as well as the name and version of your browser (ie Chrome 85.0.4183.102 (Official Build) (64-bit), Safari xxxxxx, etc.). Looks like the icon for the button (normally a white heart on a light gray background) is not loading properly, but why that is, I can't say. 

• Moderators

Have to say, the upgraded site drives really well! Awesome job, @rawTOP

Looks like the double drop down caret in the top nav is because there is one coming from the anchor/link element class ("nav-arrow") and one explicitly inserted with FontAwesome - here's a snip of the live HTML:

image.png.3180bdfeb13c8e6c720906c067cb9f6c.png

On 9/19/2020 at 5:13 PM, BootmanLA said:

Are you referring to the large white circles on the RIGHT (not left) of the post?

That's where the "React" button (ie Like, Upvote, Downvote, Thank, HaHa) should be. They appear normally on my system.

You should probably specify which operating system & version (ie Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Mac OS, etc.) you're using as well as the name and version of your browser (ie Chrome 85.0.4183.102 (Official Build) (64-bit), Safari xxxxxx, etc.). Looks like the icon for the button (normally a white heart on a light gray background) is not loading properly, but why that is, I can't say. 

Yes referring to the large white circles. On the older version all was like you said. Iam using a iPad with safari Also some of the stories now come up in a long narrow column instead of the entire screen 

10 hours ago, oinker said:

Yes referring to the large white circles. On the older version all was like you said. Iam using a iPad with safari Also some of the stories now come up in a long narrow column instead of the entire screen 

Posts in a topic that's fairly active get an extra column to the right of the main posts - it shows the top posters in the topic, along with the most-liked posts. That's probably what you're seeing in terms of columns.

As for the "React" icon - @rawTOP will probably need to look into that, if he's not already (with this info about platform and browser, it may help them track down the problem).

• Administrators
8 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

As for the "React" icon - @rawTOP will probably need to look into that, if he's not already (with this info about platform and browser, it may help them track down the problem).

Correct. It's working for me, and hence not a problem I can fix without knowing more about when the bug happens.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, evilqueerpig said:

When a topic is created or upgraded, I always saw the entire thing in my e-mail.  Now, I must log on to read these.  Is this a permanent change?

Nothing is permanent. But that's how things work with this version. That said, check your preferences. There was a point in the upgrade process where I had the option to keep the notifications working as they did previously, or enable new a new notification system with more user-controlled options. I chose the the new system with more options. So it may be simply a setting you can control. I'm not sure exactly how the new system works, so you'll need to experiment (or someone can chime in who's figured it out).

1 hour ago, oinker said:

Here is a screen shot first shows circles whichappear when you touch the white circle where the icons use to be

@rawTOP It looks to me like whatever "icon" is used for the heart "like" logo is the culprit, not displaying properly on an iPad (presumably with Safari, since most people use the default browser there). That may give the support team something to work with.

Guest takingdeepanal

This enquiry is on behalf of @RobDog, who can't post:

*******************************************************************************************************************

"I use an iPad (older model) to visit this site. Since the site was revamped, I have found that when I try to post a reply in the forums or to someone who posts something on my page, even though the reply box appears, I have been unable to type anything. If I send an email to anyone through the site, I am able to type a subject heading, but can't actually type any text into the body of the e-mail. Has anyone else reported this problem? If so, is the problem caused by my hardware (the iPad itself), or might it be a cache (or similar) problem?"

*******************************************************************************************************************

NB: He uses Safari as his browser.

Edited by takingdeepanal

7 minutes ago, takingdeepanal said:

******************************************************************************************************************

NB: He uses Safari as his browser.

FWIW: I find that older model tablets tend to not be able to use the more recent versions of browsers - ie the browser maker simply doesn't support an OS older than <x> and the older tablets can't get past <x> because <x+1> isn't backwards-compatible for whatever reason. It's a problem I see with both IOS and Android machines.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.