Palm Springs or Fort Lauderdale?

Leather-lee

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/27/2021 at 9:46 PM, Muscledadbod said:

Me too, I want to know where to retire...

I'd say Ft Lauderdale if you don't mind the occasional hurricane watch/warning; at least there's no worries about earthquakes. I'd guess that real estate in FTL is just as expensive as Palm Springs. There's no personal income tax in Florida so if you receive a pension, the only income tax you pay on the pension is federal income tax. 

8 minutes ago, BBArchangel said:

Palm Springs, hands down.  Several great leather bars, multiple leather shops, at least two great bathhouse-type spaces. Also several “underground” groups like the Palm Springs Bondage Club and others.

Doesn't FL have those as well?

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2021 at 1:28 PM, BBArchangel said:

Palm Springs, hands down.  Several great leather bars, multiple leather shops, at least two great bathhouse-type spaces. Also several “underground” groups like the Palm Springs Bondage Club and others.

What are the other underground groups)

• 2 months later...
On 5/6/2021 at 4:28 AM, BBArchangel said:

Would love to know more info...wheres the best if we fly over in 2022

I live in Palm Springs yet have visited Ft Lauderdale several times and find them both very accommodating for middle-aged and older men. Both have a robust gay scene and lots of bars catering to diverse interests in our community. Both attract large number of visitors from all over the world. PS draws weekend visitors from San Diego, LA, Las Vegas, Phoenix and San Francisco. FTL is just as easy to get to from anywhere in the east and south. PS seems to have more clothing optional resorts that offer day passes, so there’s plenty of opportunity for outdoor play. That said, FTL has Slammer 321 which is one of the finest man-to-man play spaces I’ve encountered anywhere. And their grandfathered liquor license allows them to serve your bring-your-own booze from their bar. 

You just can’t go wrong visiting or living in one or the other. I’ll continue to visit FTL and, if I lived there, would visit PS regularly as well. The major difference I’ve seen between the two is that FTL has gawd awful traffic that can make getting from one place to another a big pain in the ass. PS does not have traffic.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/23/2021 at 4:59 PM, BestCatcher said:

I live in Palm Springs yet have visited Ft Lauderdale several times and find them both very accommodating for middle-aged and older men. Both have a robust gay scene and lots of bars catering to diverse interests in our community. Both attract large number of visitors from all over the world. PS draws weekend visitors from San Diego, LA, Las Vegas, Phoenix and San Francisco. FTL is just as easy to get to from anywhere in the east and south. PS seems to have more clothing optional resorts that offer day passes, so there’s plenty of opportunity for outdoor play. That said, FTL has Slammer 321 which is one of the finest man-to-man play spaces I’ve encountered anywhere. And their grandfathered liquor license allows them to serve your bring-your-own booze from their bar. 

You just can’t go wrong visiting or living in one or the other. I’ll continue to visit FTL and, if I lived there, would visit PS regularly as well. The major difference I’ve seen between the two is that FTL has gawd awful traffic that can make getting from one place to another a big pain in the ass. PS does not have traffic.

I agree that both FTL and PS can  be a lot of fun for middle and older gents. Fun bars in both, fun resort, nude beach, clothing optional resorts, sex club, bookstores, cruising areas. A lot will depend on if you handle humidity well. If not, go to Palm Springs!