Conflicting messages.

I am totally new and i get and appreciate the safe-gaurds that go in to keep the. Community healthy and vibrant. That being said, I do feel like there is a conflicting MSG and missing some cohesiveness.  But its also an app so what is cohesive? It would be nice to have a permission per status key. Or a goal tracker. Right now I can't like other posts, cant comment or post replies. I can post on their public board. So I am unsure of what it means to participate. I am happily putting my content out but it would feel a little more community if I could interact with those who have reached out to me at the least. I am also relatively new to the whole concept and have so many questions, worries expectations that I specifically look toward  elder states men for advice and input. So a little clarity of actions I can do. A key to all the statuses and what they mean. And activities permitted in each would be awesome But i am over the moon to have found this joint

Edited by UrBoyHenry
  • Like 1

I too understand the need for many safeguards. This site can be very confusing for even long-time users, @UrBoyHenry.  Everything that you suggest would really help members of the site and such positive (vs. punitive) changes are long past due, in my humble opinion. Hopefully I don’t get penalized or banned for being honest about my frustrations with this site. In terms of a helpful starting point, I wish that there were at least keys on how to understand what different statuses mean and tips on how to improve one’s status. 

4 hours ago, Greim said:

I too understand the need for many safeguards. This site can be very confusing for even long-time users, @UrBoyHenry.  Everything that you suggest would really help members of the site and such positive (vs. punitive) changes are long past due, in my humble opinion. Hopefully I don’t get penalized or banned for being honest about my frustrations with this site. In terms of a helpful starting point, I wish that there were at least keys on how to understand what different statuses mean and tips on how to improve one’s status. 

The whole point of keeping what moves you up from status A to status B is to keep people from gaming the system. Given that the reason for the limits is bad behavior by previous 'members' who were essentially disruptive ad bots, displaying a road map for how they can quickly gain the status needed to resume their previous spamming and other activities would be stupid.

• Like 1

Guest Pozpig867

Im in the same boat, i want to participate more but am very limited on what I can do. I can do 2 posting every 24 hours, and i can't or dont know how to like anything on here. Ill be patient and keep trying to stay involved as much as I can. 

I am sure it is a hard balance to maintain. I desperately want to find an honest community to participate in but I am left wondering how honest you can be when censored under an obvious carrot and stick system of behavior conformity. It is really a strange paradox to me.  I have had a few warnings to not complain too much here as well. Which unfortunately hints of a darker underbelly to this beast. It implies that there is more to the censorship than algorithms.  But for now I am happy enough that I found a place relatively safe to explore these harder conversations I need to have. So thank you all  for a save space and as long as insightful conversations about what it means to be and stay safe are happening I believe it to be a healthy and thriving comnunity.

• Like 3

• Moderators

Moderator's Note: About 6 months ago, we were almost overwhelmed by a flood of spammers. The only solution we found to keep people from signing up and spamming members with private messages was to limit what new members could do. I agree it is not a perfect or desirable solution. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Communities have an amazing ability to reflect our growth or decline before we are even aware of the shift internal. These conversations about our collective heartbeat are what prevent my from being jaded and detached. Eusocial communities are rare , found only in a handful of species. And this is why. It takes time, energy and commitment to instigate, grow and maintain these constructions,

hbg

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, drscorpio said:

Moderator's Note: About 6 months ago, we were almost overwhelmed by a flood of spammers. The only solution we found to keep people from signing up and spamming members with private messages was to limit what new members could do. I agree it is not a perfect or desirable solution. 

20 hours ago, sluttony said:

In fairness though, it has been discussed more than once in great detail. 

In even more fairness there's SO much content that I can understand people not reading everything.

Most of us have a day job. 😎

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.