"You are only allowed to send 0 messages per day"

Guest Az921

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Neil1973 said:

Still cant post to any forums or send messages or chat as cant send anything, how are you supposed to move out of virgin, if you cant post anything, seems strange

Moderator's Note:  You joined the forum on Friday barely 48 hours ago. It is going to take you a matter of days not hours to move up to the next level. 

One of the best things you can do to get yourself noticed is to post a story about a sexual experience real (Your Last Load forum) or imaginary (any of the Stories forums). 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • drscorpio locked this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It don't think it is about the number of posts one makes as such. Dr Scorpio, sir, you are correct. It is about involvement, a willingness to share, and respect. Show that first. Along those lines, it is difficult to come up with a figure. I am very new and have posted a few old fiction stories I wrote (more to cum...yum) but am not yet at the level needed for messaging. As someone said, this isn't a messaging site, it is a forum to exchange experiences, ideas, feelings (oh, yes!) and support. So contribute and one day it'll happen. (Where have I heard that before?)

On 6/18/2021 at 9:45 AM, Top4DaddyBottom said:

I am having the same issue. How many post I need to do in order to send private messages?

As has been mentioned before in this discussion: there is an algorithm by which members here are scored based on participation. That algorithm is kept private, precisely so that people don't try to game the system just to get to the point of having a particular set of privileges, such as sending private messages or reacting to public posts.

At some point in the past, when it was easier for new members to send private messages, some bad actors joined and then almost immediately began spamming members here with ads for some service. By requiring actual interaction via making posts and commenting on them, the site ensures that people are engaged with the other members before granting them that kind of access. The same is true for reactions - given that one of the things that affects a user's reputation score on here is how many upvotes/likes/etc. he gets, offset by downvotes, the system is designed to prevent a couple of possible kinds of misuses of reactions: either having a bunch of new "members" (possibly all fake accounts for one individual) downvoting a member so as to overwhelm his reputation score, or alternatively upvoting and boosting the score of some other individual to get him an early promotion to a higher level.

So you're not going to be told exactly how many posts you have to make to get to X or Y level of privileges. Just keep posting, and it'll happen.

• Like 1

On 10/20/2020 at 12:50 PM, Guest Az921 said:

Just wondering if this is maybe I've sent too many or something?? Thanks 

I can understand why it’s done and agree with it to help stop spammers etc….it is  a little disconcerting though when it happens  at first as no explanation is given as to why you can’t send private messages so I contacted admin who just sent me a link to this thread.  Thanks 

• 3 weeks later...

Say what you will about the restrictions for new accounts here.  Over on NKP, it's totally unmodded and you get hit with links to malware on a daily basis.  I called out the spammer, and got 377 messages from the spammer on my wall...    PigBoss over there should change his name to "Spammer's bitch".

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 10/20/2020 at 12:48 PM, rawTOP said:

To be a little more specific… There were a few days where there were hundreds of new account registrations. They then used those accounts to send out spam private messages. The accounts were deleted and the PMs deleted as well. But in some ways the damage was done. People who had "send me an email when I receive a new PM" got the spam messages in their email inboxes. Clearly I can't delete email from your inboxes, so that couldn't be undone. Some of those users then reported those emails as spam to their email service providers. For example Google lets me see the percentage of emails that I send that are marked spam by their users. Most often it's 0%. Sometimes it's 0.2%, but it almost never gets above 0.5%. But this past Friday (days after I'd deleted everything I could) it spiked to 3.3%. Luckily it went right back to zero the next day, so Google should see it as an anomaly, not a meaningful pattern.

The logical way to deal with all that was to simply turn off the messaging system for new users. This is (primarily) a forum site, not a private message system. So now if you come on here and immediately complain that you can't send PM, I'm gonna assume you're a spammer. Participate in the public parts of the community, earn some trust, and in time you'll be able to send PMs. Just not right away.

Thank you for the explanation and also providing us with this space to express ourselves!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/20/2020 at 8:21 AM, drscorpio said:

Moderator's Note: It is because you are a New Member. Keep posting and participating, and you will be promoted out of that group. 

Also, we were having problems with spammers making accounts to send private spam messages. Currently new members are very restricted in this area for this reason. 

I am no longer a new member, but I am still being limited in the number of posts I can make a day.  Am I correct in thinking the restrictions should be lifted?

Group: Junior Members
Current Rank: Enthusiast

Thank you,

FaggotQueen

1 hour ago, FaggotQueen said:

I am no longer a new member, but I am still being limited in the number of posts I can make a day.  Am I correct in thinking the restrictions should be lifted?

Group: Junior Members
Current Rank: Enthusiast

Thank you,

FaggotQueen

Different levels of membership have different restrictions. Some of the lower levels of membership still have limits of how many total posts you can make in a day. Why? I'm assuming it's so that you have to participate a fairly long time before you can post in an unlimited manner, to further weed out spam posters. Keep posting, and you'll find your restrictions lift automatically over time and with participation.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.