"You are only allowed to send 0 messages per day"

Guest Az921

1 hour ago, PleaseBBmyass said:

Thank you I've nearly given up but, no I'm still trying but it is very trying to get to that that level lol.

It really isn't difficult. Yes, it requires some persistence. Yes, it requires checking in regularly, and posting responses. But surely among the thousands of threads here, there are several on which you could comment each day, even if (at first) you're limited to, say, 5 posts per day.

I'll note this: just the other day, I had to report someone who'd spammed at least a dozen or more posts into a like number of topics, sometimes existing topics and sometimes creating new ones. That member had nearly 300 posts/comments to his record. So just because someone has 30 comments or posts is clearly no indication that he's not a spammer. It's just increasingly less likely once someone has a substantial record of participation here. 

• Moderators

I have said this before, but I'll repeat it here for all you impatient... cowboys? queens? newbies... as it seems to have escaped the notice of some:

Gaining privileges (i.e. advancing from New Member to Junior Member to Member...) is NOT just a question of how many posts you make. It is a function with multiple inputs. The exact nature of it is confidential (I don't know it either).

What I CAN tell you for sure is that the quality of your posts matters. A thoughtful contribution to a meaningful or horny discussion will up your reputation more than a "me, too" or "that's hawt" response. Posting your own topic that spurs a new discussion counts for even more. So share something interesting! This is a discussion forum, not a monkey house (appearances notwithstanding).

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2022 at 10:57 AM, viking8x6 said:

See the topic I've moved this post into.

Thank you! And I think I found the answer. "It's a privilege that comes with time spent on the site." Correct?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, LakeErieSub said:

Thank you! And I think I found the answer. "It's a privilege that comes with time spent on the site." Correct?

Yes, but my more recent post (just above) is a bit more accurate. It's not calendar time that matters, nor amount of time logged in, nor number of logins. It's actual participation in the forum discussions, and "higher-quality" (for lack of a better phrase) participation counts for more. At least that is my understanding. Yes, that seems contradictory when the number of posts you can make is limited. In practice, it's not as bad as it sounds; you earn the basic privileges pretty quickly.

On 4/11/2022 at 2:35 PM, viking8x6 said:

Yes, but my more recent post (just above) is a bit more accurate. It's not calendar time that matters, nor amount of time logged in, nor number of logins. It's actual participation in the forum discussions, and "higher-quality" (for lack of a better phrase) participation counts for more. At least that is my understanding. Yes, that seems contradictory when the number of posts you can make is limited. In practice, it's not as bad as it sounds; you earn the basic privileges pretty quickly.

Thank you! It's really nice to have this sort of help on a website - it's rare. And very appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

Just FYI (and sorry mods if this gives too much away, please delete if so), I have made 41 posts, my rank is now 'Participant' (5/14) and I can now make more than the 3 basic posts per day. I have also started a couple of topics and made some quite long posts so I think that counts as well as the raw numbers, but at least that shows that you don't need to make hundreds and hundreds of contributions.

• Upvote 1

Just to give you all hope...I am a junior member who joined mid February this year, (btw I luv this site.  So happy I found it!), so about only 2 months.

I have earned 5 badges and am on Enthusiast level . I have made in excess of 60 posts in that time ( not saying exactly how many so as not to bypass the system) and actively contribute daily.

It appears that I can now like posts and can post freely, as I havent got the restricted post message for a couple of days  

I guess if you are active it counts toward you being a resposible contributor and the algorithim recognises that!  

I liken the retrictions as similar as someone who goes to a bathouse, orgy or bb party and just wants to watch....If you join in it is a lot more fun!!!

Just keep on posting when you can and you will have the freedom you desire!!

Edited by Queenzlander59
Typos and puntuation...fat thumbs!

17 hours ago, Queenzlander59 said:

I have earned 5 badges and am on Enthusiast level . I have made in excess of 60 posts in that time ( not saying exactly how many so as not to bypass the system) and actively contribute daily.

FWIW: the number of posts someone has made appears below their name and ranking on each post (and it's dynamic, so if you have made 50 posts, and then make another, the next time someone pulls up a page with one of your posts on it, it will show 51). 

So the number of posts you've made is not secret information. It doesn't, however, show how many topics you've created, how many of your posts were replies, how many different forums you've posted in, or anything else that might or might not go into calculating your privilege level.

• Administrators

To answer some of the recent questions…

What you can do depends on your member rank - the one shown under your avatar when you do a post. When it no longer says "New Members" you'll be able to do things like DMs and ratings. As that continues to change you can do a larger number of DMs and ratings.

And the logic of allowing you to do public posts before DMs is pretty simple - spam in public posts is caught and reported more quickly since it's seen by more people. And also the site benefits from public discussion - much less so from DMs.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.