Hook up sites like Recon and Adam4 Adam

BearPleaser

2 hours ago, BearPleaser said:

Is it just me, or do these hook up sites have an enormous amount of flakes? I know I am older bear bottom, but jeez.

A4A is full of spambots and fakes, in addition to flakes. I don't see how anyone ever uses it for anything productive, but as they say your mileage may vary.

Recon focuses on fetishes, and I think the problem there is that there are lots of guys curious about certain fetishes, but not curious enough to actually pursue them in any real way. That's certainly not true of all, or even a majority, of Recon members, but even a small number of flakes can make one wary of a site.

• Upvote 2

A4A is nearly useless, at least here in Wisconsin.  And my security software is always knocking down the host of spam and malware that comes free with any login.  I tried Recon for just a short time, and once again my security software found it rife with issues.

Grindr seems unstable but I'll reserve judgement as I seem to be in the minority and as my mobile device is absolute crap (replacement in process).  

Scruff actually works pretty well for me here in the midwest.  

BBRT of course ia old reliable.  We all know why we're there.  🙂

• Thanks 1

I actually opened a Manhunt account this weekend. What a joke! Nothing but aggravation and problems, will be deleting that this week.

A4A always had spammers, and I got cat fished numerous times.

Recon did not keep my attention long enough to keep my profile active.

I hate the popup ads on Grindr and some of them are loud, especially when you're being discreet at work and your phone goes off in a meeting lol.

Scruff is full of men who are full of themselves! Yawn...

When ReCon was WorldLeatherMen, it was pretty good.  The men weren't what you'd call plentiful in many areas, but on the whole, they were real, actual Leathermen.  I met guys on there that I later physically met at events like IML, etc., and a few I'm still in contact with today.  One of them is coming to visit next month, if he gets is act together. 

The other sites mentioned just got to be too tiresome to put up with, but then I've always lived in a city where sex - regardless of any particular sub-culture - wasn't tough to get. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 5:51 PM, Muscledadbod said:

I actually opened a Manhunt account this weekend. What a joke! Nothing but aggravation and problems, will be deleting that this week.

I hate the popup ads on Grindr and some of them are loud, especially when you're being discreet at work and your phone goes off in a meeting lol.

reopened my bbrt profile and A4A after a break. BBRT is good cause they show location when you use it on your phone. Scruff and Grindr are garbage where i live (CT) and don't get to the city enough to warrant paying for it but a lot of dudes rely on scruff between the two

On 3/14/2022 at 4:51 PM, Muscledadbod said:

I dropped Manhunt back in 2008 when it was revealed that the owner of the site was a big GOP donor, and I know they lost a huge amount of business around that time for that reason. I don't know whether the site has since been sold or is under new management, but even in its heyday it never seemed all that useful. 

Manhunt is a waste of time,  it has a lot of judgmental, neg guys who ask a million questions and want to make plans for two weeks in advance.  A4A can have catfish individuals, and there are many guys (at least in the metro area I live in) who want you to pay for their Lyft, Uber and party favors.  If you are in your 40s there are alot of 20 somethings that even expect payment.

Barebackrt.com was usful for awhile, but it has lost it's popularity with the advent of phone apps like Grindr and Scruff.  BBRT is party friendly and poz friendly.

• Like 1

Never tried Recon/never heard of it. 

adam4adam is bots, people who can’t read and immature fuckers who get butthurt because you don’t want to fuck them. 

I’ve had like 2 successful meet ups on adam4adam. I’ve quit using it. 

Adam4Adam triggers my security software every time with the payloads it brings along.  I've stopped using it.  Squirt.org a waste of time.  Recon, similar to A4A comes along with payloads which trigger my security software.  

I keep a BBRT account but as others wrote, and I agree, it has pretty much dried up in favor of Scruff and Grindr.  (although Grindr frequently hangs and responses can fail right at a critical moment.  

I gave up on Manhunt years ago along with LIfeOut (which loves to take your money and then dump you once they have it).  

• Like 1

On 3/11/2022 at 8:12 PM, BootmanLA said:

but not curious enough to actually pursue them in any real way. That's certainly not true of all, or even a majority, of Recon members, but even a small number of flakes can make one wary of a site

Amen to that.  But, after a while it becomes easy to smell a wannabe, and send them packing.  The successes are almost always worth the time/effort.

1 hour ago, TheSRQDude said:

I noticed no one mentioned NastyKinkPigs (NKP). Has people's experiences been that there's a lot of flakes, or have they been positive/

Seems to be a lot of Party-and-Play guys and Poz-Friendly guys on it. Curious as to other views.

NKP a hit or miss site for me here in the midwest.  My experience seems to match yours though; a lot of party and play guys and definitely poz friendly.

2 hours ago, TheSRQDude said:

I noticed no one mentioned NastyKinkPigs (NKP). Has people's experiences been that there's a lot of flakes, or have they been positive/

Seems to be a lot of Party-and-Play guys and Poz-Friendly guys on it. Curious as to other views.

I find it to be VERY helpful in terms of actually connecting in person with someone. There are always flakes on each site, but that site and asspig have both proven to be worth the effort to me