Guy thinks men are all honest about their status

On 4/8/2022 at 3:27 AM, BareYorkshire said:

Chatting to a guy on bbrts and he’s organised two nights of ‘parties’ in London where he’ll be blindfolded and tied down.

He says he’ll only accept neg or undetectable guys. I suggested he use prep but he says it doesn’t agree with him. I told him he risks getting knocked up and that I hoped all the men were being truthful but he replied “guys aren’t like that” meaning they wouldn’t lie. 

I know it’s none of my business, but he’s either naive or secretly wants pozzing. Not sure there’s any other advice I can (or should) give. 

If he is having BB sex with random guys and is not on prep he is probably already poz, or will be soon.

Even if all the guys WERE being honest and their last test was neg, that test could've been 6 months ago or more.  They could have become poz since then and not know it.  My understanding is that these days most people catch HIV from guys who genuinely believe they are neg.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, TotalTop said:

If he is having BB sex with random guys and is not on prep he is probably already poz, or will be soon.

"Probably" is an excessively strong word to use here.

I do not mean to discount that risk still exists; obviously it does. But as many, many "chaser" people here have discovered - just a quick read through the Bug Chasing Backroom forum will suffice to document - the number of infectious, "toxic" HIV+ men out there has plummeted in the developed world in recent years because of the widespread availability of treatment, which the overwhelming majority of poz men gladly take (because they're not nuts with a death wish), and because of PrEP, which is now essentially free for most people in the US. 

From the early 1990's until about 2007, new diagnoses in the US ran around 50,000 per year. Since then, annual new diagnoses have dropped into the mid 30,000's range - a drop of over one-third. And that shift has mostly occurred among the "men having sex with men" cohort; transmissions from drug use (needle sharing) have remained largely constant, in part because of the opioid epidemic.

There's always risk, yes. And it's a risk that makes no sense (for most) to take. But "probably"? Simply not true any longer. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

"Probably" is an excessively strong word to use here.

I do not mean to discount that risk still exists; obviously it does. But as many, many "chaser" people here have discovered - just a quick read through the Bug Chasing Backroom forum will suffice to document - the number of infectious, "toxic" HIV+ men out there has plummeted in the developed world in recent years because of the widespread availability of treatment, which the overwhelming majority of poz men gladly take (because they're not nuts with a death wish), and because of PrEP, which is now essentially free for most people in the US. 

From the early 1990's until about 2007, new diagnoses in the US ran around 50,000 per year. Since then, annual new diagnoses have dropped into the mid 30,000's range - a drop of over one-third. And that shift has mostly occurred among the "men having sex with men" cohort; transmissions from drug use (needle sharing) have remained largely constant, in part because of the opioid epidemic.

There's always risk, yes. And it's a risk that makes no sense (for most) to take. But "probably"? Simply not true any longer. 

That is nice in theory but it does not work this way in real life.  Just because someone is poz, on meds, and at the time of testing undetectable it does not mean they will stay undetectable. People skip meds on purpose, forget to take them, stop taking them, go on new meds, and if they use drugs like crystal, BB with other poz guys or are strain/STD chasers, or get health issues from the meds.

I know multiple poz guys who despite being otherwise healthy, having safe sex and taking meds daily very quickly and suddenly went from undetectable to detectable/infectious. If two or more people who are poz have unsafe sex this makes their meds not work as effectively, can make the meds stop working, and they spread and create drug resistant strains of HIV or infect each other with new strains.

Edited by TotalTop

Chatting to a guy on bbrts

If ^ doesn't tell you all you need to know, I wonder what will ....... wake up ....... "chat" on the cruise sites isn't worth the time it takes to tell about it. 

Chatting to a guy on bbrts and he’s organised two nights of ‘parties’ in London where he’ll be blindfolded and tied down.

He says he’ll only accept neg or undetectable guys. I suggested he use prep but he says it doesn’t agree with him. I told him he risks getting knocked up and that I hoped all the men were being truthful but he replied “guys aren’t like that” meaning they wouldn’t lie. 

This sort of line of thinking occurs only in my head after I've gotten high on tina and weed. Men, anon men at that, are   Disingenious, lairs, with thoughts as indecorous as the breeding scenes themselves.  Men will say whatever they can to bred a hole. I personally know 3 poz guys who say theyre neg and Intentionally go off their medications to spread it. This delusional that those breeders are Benevolent  individuals with  honest intent, for me,   is a way of maintaining  some form of innocence. A way of not fully accepting that you're a cumdump chasing poz whore , while   Simultaneously engaging in this  act of degradation.  

Realistically, he knows those men are infections. What Anonymous man would be honest breeding a restrained cumdump who's blindfolded? That setting is a invitation to any poz anon man. No proof of status, no name, no face. An the best part, Once one breeder is done milking his loose, juicy hole with their poz load. Another breeder slides in, massaging his warm cummy walls with their nasty cock. Making deep love to his prostate with the tip of his dick until that breeder busts. Giving a low grunt of satisfaction.  Leaving  nothing but a fat, dirty load oozing out of his ass as the only form of evidence.  No top is honest with a cumdump about their status. 

• Downvote 1

• Moderators
On 4/12/2022 at 3:12 AM, TotalTop said:

If two or more people who are poz have unsafe sex this makes their meds not work as effectively, can make the meds stop working, and they spread and create drug resistant strains of HIV or infect each other with new strains.

These statements are not true, or at least greatly overstated.

Firstly, none of these are true at all for poz people whose infections are well-controlled (i.e. undetectable or nearly so).

Secondly, even if one or both poz partner (on meds) does have a significant viral load:

• Both partners' meds will work just as effectively
  • Having unprotected sex will not make the meds stop working
  • If the other partner's strain is resistant to all of the meds they are on, it is possible for them to catch it (superinfection) but because the meds are combinations, this resistance is unlikely.

Edited this to remove statement regarding likelihood of superinfection - the data are not consistent, but superinfection is a significant phenomenon, see this article: [think before following links] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3752600/

That said, the cautionary statements in the first paragraph are well-stated and worth listening to! Though @BootmanLA was talking about overall probabilities, and his statements about those are correct.

Edited by viking8x6

Three days ago at s bathhouse a young Asian guy asked me in complete honesty if I thought he could trust what men said about their status.

”Guys wouldn’t lie about something like that, would they?”

Oh, honey.

He had just asked me if I was “clean”, because he really, really wanted to barefuck my ass, and he was just going to take my word for it.

Which, as it happened, he could, because I gave it to him straight, with all the trimmings, about statistical transmission rates, U=U, superinfection, giver/chaser culture, the relative prevalence and treatment of various STDs, and the fact that bareback sex just isn’t safe.

He loaded me up anyway; he was only the second fuck of the day, so his chances were still pretty good that I hadn’t gotten knocked up by somebody else. But he entered that bathhouse ready to believe anyone. I hope he left it a little wiser.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

in my mind, you’ve reminded him that not all negs are negs.  Maybe he really wants converted.  Maybe he’s naive, or convincing himself he’ll never get Pozzed in that situation.  It’s his life.  You said your piece.  That’s all you can do.

1 hour ago, TheSRQDude said:

Of course, you could always agree with him, but then you'd both be wrong. 😃

The sad thing is, even though I cognitively know better, I still tend to take people at their word. Because I’m Autistic, it usually doesn’t occur to me to lie about anything (even if I try it’s extraordinarily difficult), so I automatically assume others are telling the truth as well. It bites me in the ass a lot.

19 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

These statements are not true, or at least greatly overstated.

Firstly, none of these are true at all for poz people whose infections are well-controlled (i.e. undetectable or nearly so).

Secondly, even if one or both poz partner (on meds) does have a significant viral load:

• Both partners' meds will work just as effectively
  • Having unprotected sex will not make the meds stop working
  • If the other partner's strain is resistant to all of the meds they are on, it is possible for them to catch it (superinfection) but because the meds are combinations, this is extremely unlikely and the existing infection and immune response make it more difficult for another strain to take hold.

That said, the cautionary statements in the first paragraph are well-stated and worth listening to! Though @BootmanLA was talking about overall probabilities, and his statements about those are correct.

This is the typical and common denial that many poz blokes have where they think they are invincible, strain chasers with a death wish have where they are in complete denial that infection or transmission of other strains of HIV is rare or impossible when in reality this is incorrect, and it can and will happen if people who are both poz have BB sex.

I really have a tough time understanding why some guys seem to think that everyone is completely honest about their status in the fuckjoints, on the apps, in the parks, alleys, wherever guys meet up to Breed.   A Top may not even know - even if he's tested monthly for std's.  

For some guys, there is a higher ethic than their hard Cock.  For many guys, there isn't.  This is just the way it is.  Ergo, we should simply assume that all raw Cock may be infections in some way, and lay our plans upon that basis.  This is entirely reasonable, since no guy runs to the doctors office for testing after every single load he takes or gives.  Even if so inclined, a Top couldn't be absolutely sure unless he hadn't fucked anything since his last blood test.  Guys should simply assume that every Cock might infect them with something or other, and make their decisions based in that reality.  

When we make the decision to live our lives "on the edge", so-to-speak, let's not drag Ozzie and Harriet along with us to the fuckjoints.  As for the cruising apps, even entertaining the notion that some clown on the other end of a phone is worthy of trust is so disingenuous it's laughable.  

Lets just get our heads out of the clouds (!) and make our decisions based on what we actually know .... not on what we merely wish were true.

Edited by hntnhole
misspelling