Health Warning in Ft. L.

Currently there is a warning about meningitis spreading throughout the gay community in Ft. L., W.M., O.P., and neighboring areas.  This has been reported by local tv stations.

Meningitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord. A bacterial or viral infection of the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord usually causes the swelling. However, injuries, cancer, certain drugs, and other types of infections also can cause meningitis. (copied from the googler).

Common bacteria or viruses that can cause meningitis can spread through coughing, sneezing, kissing, or sharing eating utensils, a toothbrush or a cigarette. These steps can help prevent meningitis: Wash your hands. Careful hand-washing helps prevent the spread of germs. (copied from the same).

With the increasingly widespread raw Breeding in the bars, fuckjoints around here now, just a "heads-up" to all my friends (and potential friends) in the area.  We're particularly vulnerable to this illness if we have other std's, 

This is for informational purposes only - not any kind of recommendation.  And no, I'm not gonna either.  A little more careful though, maybe ..... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/12/2022 at 1:37 PM, hntnhole said:

Currently there is a warning about meningitis spreading throughout the gay community in Ft. L., W.M., O.P., and neighboring areas.  This has been reported by local tv stations.

Meningitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord. A bacterial or viral infection of the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord usually causes the swelling. However, injuries, cancer, certain drugs, and other types of infections also can cause meningitis. (copied from the googler).

Common bacteria or viruses that can cause meningitis can spread through coughing, sneezing, kissing, or sharing eating utensils, a toothbrush or a cigarette. These steps can help prevent meningitis: Wash your hands. Careful hand-washing helps prevent the spread of germs. (copied from the same).

With the increasingly widespread raw Breeding in the bars, fuckjoints around here now, just a "heads-up" to all my friends (and potential friends) in the area.  We're particularly vulnerable to this illness if we have other std's, 

This is for informational purposes only - not any kind of recommendation.  And no, I'm not gonna either.  A little more careful though, maybe ..... 

Thanks. Most appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I had to stop by my GP's office the other day for a script renewal, and while they twiddled about trying to get it written, I asked about the meningitis shot, and if the office was administering them. The woman told me," Oh, you don't need to worry about getting one, it is aimed at college age kids and  younger age groups ( OUCH!)  but not for people 65 and up (OUCH OUCH-GDammit, I just turned 65 this year)  since they are not as sexually active"  I really DO need to find a new doctor/office that is more in tune with their patients..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

13 hours ago, AlwaysOpen said:

I really DO need to find a new doctor/office that is more in tune with their patients..

What gall !!!  Just because the "nurse" isn't getting any doesn't mean all the rest of us aren't !!!

15 hours ago, AlwaysOpen said:

I had to stop by my GP's office the other day for a script renewal, and while they twiddled about trying to get it written, I asked about the meningitis shot, and if the office was administering them. The woman told me," Oh, you don't need to worry about getting one, it is aimed at college age kids and  younger age groups ( OUCH!)  but not for people 65 and up (OUCH OUCH-GDammit, I just turned 65 this year)  since they are not as sexually active"  I really DO need to find a new doctor/office that is more in tune with their patients..

Complete idiots ...

16 hours ago, AlwaysOpen said:

I really wish u would have told her, “I’m having sex multiple times a week with the college boys so I probably need the shot.” Her facial reaction would have been priceless.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, AlwaysOpen said:

I really DO need to find a new doctor/office that is more in tune with their patients..

My Gay doctor has usually cited CDC recommendations to me that my MeglaHealthCorp organization "has" to follow, so I'm not sure that they have an entirely free hand in some of this.  

23 hours ago, AlwaysOpen said:

I would have said "speak for yourself and get the Dr. or nurse here and give me my shot!  That statement is idiotic.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2022 at 10:13 PM, AlwaysOpen said:

I'd push your doctor to give it to you, or find another doctor who is more open minded. I've run into this before where the doctor wants to follow the CDC's "recommendations" instead of doing what I think needs to be done for my health. There's a strong push in the medical community to have doctors take the CDC "recommendations" as gospel instead of allowing the patients to decide for themselves what's good for their health. Luckily my doctor didn't give me a lot of push back and just told me that the official "recommendation" was different from what I was requesting and I told him I didn't care what the CDC wants, I care about what I want.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Guygonebad said:

Her facial reaction would have been priceless.

Is there such a thing - in reality - as those tiny lapel-pin cameras like in the old spy movies?  I'd wear one, if I had to deal with a stunted cretin like that woman - and record her reaction after her "re-education" lesson.  

I wish there was such a thing- I would have been wearing one countless times at work when I went to the urinals to piss- esp the one 30 something who always had his phone in one hand, flopped his cock out with the other, and then , using the hand/arm he just freed his cock with, would use his arm to rest on the wall above the urinal. If I tried this, I imagine my cock would have pulled back inside my shorts and I would have ended up pissing my shorts instead lol

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Cross-linking to last week's San Francisco Department of Public health advisory, which endorses meningitis vaccination (or a 5-year booster) for men who have sex with men (MSM) living in Florida, traveling to Florida, or attending national gay events like San Francisco Pride: