Changing positions?

metroguy

I'm curious when you first started having male on male fun either as a top or as a bottom did your sexual position change over time? Did you dive in as a top but then you tried to bottom and had more fun, vice-a-versa with those who started as bottoms and then became tops and those who were either and ended up loving being both. Me personally I started off as a top but ended up loving bottoming alot more I probably would be a full bottom as this point if the guys I top (twinks and femboys) were never interested in me. 

i think this is an Interesting question.

my journey has had me in both positions. Grew up in a  gay repressive/oppressive religious culture and ended up married, to a woman, as a result. i've learned a lot from my experiences, particularly how individual we all are, though we may have many things 'grossly' in common.

i love/loved my former wife, but we were decidedly mismatched in several ways. Sexually, we were both bottoms with some sub thrown in.  i assumed the "position" i was conditioned to take, i.e. top.  i look at my former marriage as a sort of prison experience (my conditioned beliefs were the "prison").  In prison, straight guys will get into sexual, and even romantic, relationships with other men. i think it's not because they are gay, or wired for sex or romance with another man, but they are wired for sex and romance, and men are all that's available, so it happens. 

Similarly, i came to realize that i am not wired top, but i was wired for sex, so i assumed the "position," even though it was not natural for me. Part of me enjoyed, and even needed that, but it's sort of like drinking your own pee in the desert, it's no substitute for the water you truly need.  Over time, forcing myself to top really fucked with me psychologically. Even though i cheated and got fucked by Men on the side, one did not compensate for the other. In fact, it added to the problem. i hated lying and cheating, i was caught in dissonance of believing the conditioning that i could change and not need a Man. 

Since i woke up and accepted myself for who i am, i have been pretty much exclusively bottom. There have been a few occasions where i have bred another guy, but it's a rarity. i've found that i don't even need to ejaculate to be sexually satisfied and fulfilled. When i am receiving enough orgasms inside of me from a Man, i am happy, fulfilled and satisfied as a bottom.  

i don't think i have ever really changed "positions" in my life, not inwardly, just outwardly... but it wasn't who and how i am. 

• Thanks 1

I've gone back and forth over the years.  I didn't like bottoming initially; thought it was just not my thing, but in later years found out that condoms were uncomfortable in my hole.  So, before my bareback exclusing phase in my mid-20's, I was pretty much about a 90% top...I knew that raw was the only way I could enjoy bottoming, but was too afraid to go full-on barebacking then.  

it was actually a vers fuckbud that convinced me to go raw with him...because it wasn't our first time, I agreed.  Felt great, and realised that this is what I really wanted to do.  So, I gave up condoms altogether at the age of 25.  I'd say my initial years as a barebacker, I was pretty much vers...I actually loved going to group parties where I would give the lucky bottom the first load; would get off on each guy after that using that as lube.  I didn't really get to the point of being an almost total bottom until after becoming poz.  But that was 10 years ago, and I don't think there's really any turning back from here.  

I was in the dark backroom of the Eagle fucking a guy, as was my habit since I'd figured it all out.  As I was fucking the guy, I felt a hand on my ass - said over my shoulder "sorry, bud - can't help you with that", which was my usual answer to a guy feeling my ass up.  But, the guy continued for some reason.  As discussed in more depth in a previous post, at some point it was like an Epiphany:  I had been conditioned into closing off half - 50% - of the opportunity to "connect" with the greater community of rawmen, since I considered myself exclusively Top.  

After a few moments of soaking up this realization, all the while rutting in the Hole I'd been fucking, I did reach around and felt the guy's Cock behind me.  It wasn't all that thick or long, pretty "normal".  The dawning of realization became all the more intense, and - while I'd only had the Cock of my life-partner in my ass before (and it was much larger than was even remotely comfortable), I'd never felt a Cock shoot Sperm up my gut.  But the Epiphany - the Awakening to the possibilities of that "connection" allowed me to say "take it" to the guy behind me.  I never did care for Cock up my ass - still don't - but in that moment I felt so "connected" to every other Cock, every other Hole, every other sexually adventurous gay man, I allowed it.  It didn't feel good - but the overwhelming sense of connection was magnificent.  Uplifting.  Empowering. Enabling.  All kinds of awesome feelings - sensations.

I never did see the guy who first pumped Sperm up my gut. I knew he was wearing gear, I was able to see the Boots, felt the Leather.  But when he did, I shot my load so hard into the guy I was fucking, I thought my toenails were shooting up the Hole too.  

I very seldom take a Cock up my gut, but I know I can - and I know how beautifully that can magnify the majestic connection to Everything.  I don't particularly care for the mechanicals required to get fucked, and I don't particularly care for the process of it.  I need to really feel closeness, sense of sharing, a sense of Brotherhood in a Universe of men being with men on the deepest levels to allow it, but - I know how intensely magical taking another man's Cock/Sperm into my gut can be.  

So, I do know how changing positions can bring new awareness. 

• Like 2

I’ve wanted to be vers as long as I can remember and am really attracted to flip fucking. Something about the comradeship and reciprocity of taking care of each other’s holes really turns me on. However, if only one of us is getting fucked, I’m usually the top. I do get fucked without flipping on occasion, but the guy has to be super hot. 

• Upvote 1

I am truly versatile, and pretty much always have been. I am 6'2" and my cock is almost 8", so I don't have any problem finding guys who are willing to bottom for me versus willing to top me, so by default I have been more of a top over the years. When I first started out fucking I had a crazy idea that I should only get fucked if the other guy had a bigger dick than I did, which seriously limited my options. After being almost exclusively a top for a year, I hookup with a really well hung versatile guy who insisted I fuck him back and taught me the error of my ways.

The only times I revert to more bottom than top, is when I go to a sex club with lots of posing and little to no actual activity, I can't get hard in that situation but can still get fucked if I actually find a guy willing to fuck me.

I've always equally enjoyed giving and receiving blowjobs, but for fucking I am all top.

The first few times I was with men, in my 20s, I did bottom, and I would bottom perhaps once a year after that. As @hntnhole says, there had to be some special connection for me to want to. Eventually, I took stock and realized that I get physical pleasure from topping, whereas my pleasure in bottoming was more psychological than physical. It was vicarious pleasure, from seeing the top let go and enjoy himself. (None of this is to say that habitual bottoms don't experience physical pleasure; I'm very glad that they do!)

• Like 2

I started having sex (with men) a few months before I turned 18. I loved getting it up the ass but at the time I thought it was expected to fuck someone back when I had bottomed. It was soon enough I found out some guys didn't want to get fucked but only topped. No problem! I have been a bottom only ever since.

Although I was sexual as a pre-teen, penetration didn't happen until my teens. My memory is that I bottomed the first time. Don't remember when (or who) I topped for the first time though. In my 20s, I was officially versatile but tended more towards the bottom cause I thought I was a bad top who came too quickly. It wasn't until my mid-20s that I came to realize I'm multiorgasmic, so that first quick orgasm isn't the only orgasm. From that point on I starting topping more and more to the point where I pretty much only top these days. I'm not adverse to bottoming, but I wouldn't bottom for just anybody. Barring ED issues, I don't see myself ever going back to being a full-time bottom.

• Like 1