Where are all of the tops???

I've noticed over the past few years that bottoms have overrun every possible hookup app & site. In my view, there have always been more bottoms than tops (like maybe 60% or 65% bottoms to 35% to 40% tops) in my estimation. But currently, the numbers are all blown out. It's closer to 85% to 90% bottoms to 10% to 15% tops in any given geographic location or on any given app or website. What makes matters even worse is that of those bottoms, the % of bottoms who have decided to jump into the "cumdump" scene has increased exponentially during the past few "covid years". I still do fine with my regular hookups/play & to be fair, I love other bottoms & follow many hot cumdump bottoms on social media & a few on JFF OR OF. But it's gotten so out of control that it becomes quite the struggle to even have a chance at chatting with a genuine top when there are 100 other bottoms in the room chasing after the 5 or 10 tops hanging around. My hot cumdump friend in Chicago has confirmed that his experience in that huge city is identical & has basically "taken a cumdump vacation" because it's gotten to be so lopsided with too many bottoms all chasing after the same few crumbs out there. Check it out yourself & jump on Grindr or Sniffies. About 90% of the folks are bottoms, & even many of the self-labeled "tops" are trending toward "vers-top" status, not even total tops. There are a few total tops out there, but very few. If this were the stock market, it would have been wise to have invested in tops a few years ago, because they are definitely at a premium these days.

Thoughts anyone? I'd love to hear input on this...

Your question can't be answered to any useful degree with anecdotes or speculation. You need data!

Perhaps a poll, with questions like are you bottom or top, what age did you start bottoming, etc.

We know, from studies, that testosterone levels are decreasing world wide. What is the age distribution now. Lots of people, for various reasons, don't come out, or start experimenting till they are in their 50's, when they are done with family obligations and other social dynamics. When people start with same sex experimentation, they tend to bottom. Maybe people are getting lazy? Maybe people are just beat down, and just gave up to just let someone do what they want with them. Certainly, there will always be a cohort, that would be a bottom no matter what outside influences there are.

Regardless, google probably knows!

My only suggestion, which doesn't seem to be very welcome, is to try exploring your versatile side too. I am truly versatile, but wind up topping 2x3 times as many guys as I get to fuck me. Because so few guys are willing to even consider topping 80-90% of my time and effort goes into looking for guys willing to top, too. I've also pointed out, to many total bottoms disgust, that if I'm at an orgy my load will likely get squirted into a guy who is willing to give me one in return.

I think I've heard all of the arguments, about why guys want to be total bottoms, but the fact is the very nature of having gay tendencies means there are very few gay or bi men that don't want to bottom at least occasionally. I can understand that maybe you prefer bottoming, but you also need to consider that if no one is even willing to consider topping, no one can get fucked no matter how much they like to bottom.

Edited by NWUSHorny
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, TwinkChaserSlut said:

Thoughts anyone? I'd love to hear input on this...

Actually, after giving this some thought I think I somewhat agree with you.  Only a few years ago when I was in a backroom/fuckjoint rutting in Holes, there were usually other guys on my left doing the same, and on my right as well. Sometimes we'd compliment each other - swap Holes, talk Breedshit about how hot this Hole is, blah blah blah.  As I thought about it while doing other stuff, that doesn't happen all that much anymore.  I don't have any idea why, but the one extraordinary thing that has happened is covid - but that would inhibit all guys, I would think - not just Tops. 

I think you're right, but I don't have much of an idea why - sorry .......

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TwinkChaserSlut said:

In my view, there have always been more bottoms than tops (like maybe 60% or 65% bottoms to 35% to 40% tops) in my estimation.

Before the availability of HIV cocktail of drugs and before PrEP, bareback bottoms were rare and at the baths most bottoms demanded condoms, and were militant about it. That was a great time to be a BB bottom because there were many horny guys eager to fuck and cream a raw hole. I took advantage of this and had many log-time tops who dropped by regularly. At the local sauna many guys knew I was willing to bottom bareback with no questions asked.

But now, there are bottoms everywhere on PrEP or feeling safe that most cum will be undetectable.

• Like 1

I found that places that is less connected transportation wise tend to have more tops. Society that is less open and more traditional tends to have more tops than bottom. Grindr has released data of which countries have the most tops and bottoms , almost every country that have higher percentage of tops are the developing ones (besides Israel).

On the other hand, I wonder if the widespread popularization of poppers contributed to this? I used to be more versatile but after getting my first bottle of poppers, I have never topped since. I certainly can’t imagine going to an orgy without a bottle of poppers.

I’m considering bottoming till I get older, then start flipping to more of a verse tops once I’m past the prime age for dick hunting. 

12 hours ago, TwinkChaserSlut said:

There are a few total tops out there, but very few. If this were the stock market, it would have been wise to have invested in tops a few years ago, because they are definitely at a premium these days.

In an ideal world, we shall all learn to top and bottom. If a dick ends up in my butt I couldn’t care less what the guy’s “regular” role is.

Re on the top investment, I do think tops prefer to play with someone whom they know they are into. Connection seems to matter more to tops than to bottoms. So maybe offer more human connection to the tops that you get your hands on, make them a repeat customer 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SFSloppyAznBottom said:

In an ideal world, we shall all learn to top and bottom. If a dick ends up in my butt I couldn’t care less what the guy’s “regular” role is.

Re on the top investment, I do think tops prefer to play with someone whom they know they are into. Connection seems to matter more to tops than to bottoms. So maybe offer more human connection to the tops that you get your hands on, make them a repeat customer 😉

I agree with the connection thing...as a Top I like to know who I am fucking and how he likes it. Im not so much into the random fuck scene.

I have a roster of bottoms who I regularly play with. Bonus is that Im pretty sure that they are mostly STI free....I am on Prep so even if I did pick up an STI, my 3 monthly screen should pick it up. 

Always keen to add to the roster!! I am on Biaustralia so there are plenty of horny candidates!!

43 minutes ago, Queenzlander59 said:

I agree with the connection thing...as a Top I like to know who I am fucking and how he likes it. Im not so much into the random fuck scene.

As a top, I'm not really into the anonymous hookup scene - the connection is just about as important to me as the fucking. So, while I think a pump and dump is hot, it's not really my thing. (But getting with the bottom from a pump and dump when he's done with that is definitely my thing!)

And even though I seem to be a rarity (a top), bottoms flake on me regularly as if tops are a dime a dozen. And I'm in a major metropolitan area. 🤷‍♂️ When that happens, I take a glass half-full approach and just assume that the universe wants me to do something else cause I have LOTS of other things to do besides have sex! Even bottoms who profess to have had a great time seem to drop off the face of the earth when it comes to hooking up a second time....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

As a vers btm, I totally agree the apps are full of btms. I like to top too but I only get in the mood after I've been bred a few times. For that reason I use my local sauna as my main sexual outlet with a couple of fuck buddy's in the mix.

Fortunately the sauna attracts a much higher proportion of tops so I don't have trouble getting fucked. I'll get at least 6 loads a visit. Once I'm done being fucked, I switch to top mode and seek out a fuckable hole to breed before heading home.

Not everyone who claims to be a cumdump is actually a cumdump - in fact, I’d say the majority really aren’t. Being an actual cumdump is not for everyone, and requires a degree of commitment. It’s often painful, often demeaning, labor-intensive, and high-risk. It requires a level of dedication to cleanout, and it requires a level of physical training and conditioning to endure the kind of serial use involved. Most casual fuckers simply aren’t invested in it enough to genuinely be called cumdumps, and if put to it, they couldn’t perform. So what we’re dealing with, in reality, is a high level of impostors.

Why such a high level? I suspect the current state of affairs is in part a result of the effect of the online app influence on hookup culture, exacerbated in the last couple of years by the changes wrought by COVID. Being forced to live sex lives virtually for a time has likely encouraged some men to indulge in more fantasy-based and less reality-based approaches to connecting with others. A lot of bottoms may think calling themselves a cumdump makes them sound slutty or edgy or somehow more fuckable to claim that they’re a cumdump - or maybe it’s just more wish-that-were-me-ism because they imagine they would like it. But if you look under the hood you’ll find the picky, discriminating, often timid and inhibited men who actually balk at taking more than a couple of cocks in a session.

The problem is that these people have ramped up the signal-to-noise ratio for Tops looking for legitimate players. It’s no wonder some Tops now prefer to stick with the ass they already know - it’s becoming too much hassle to sift through all the rubbish trying to find the real items out in the open. It’s a pity there’s no way to certify a cumdump so that not just anybody could go around claiming to be one.

Yes, I’m a cumdump.

May I see your cumdump license number?

Certainly. I have it here, tattooed on my taint.

So I see. Yes, everything appears to be in order. Don’t bother putting your pants back on, I’ll just take you now.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2