Justice Thomas makes it clear decisions support our rights are next

drscorpio

Just now, BareLover666 said:

What sources / authors would you recommend? 

Certainly not the NY Times, washpoo, BBC, Guardian, or HuffPoo they are not even good enough for birdcage liner.  I like WSJ.

2 minutes ago, TotalTop said:

Certainly not the NY Times, washpoo, BBC, Guardian, or HuffPoo they are not even good enough for birdcage liner.  I like WSJ.

what's WSJ ?

And I won't give up the BBC or Guardian as I like to hear all sides to any story.

Edited by Guest

3 minutes ago, TotalTop said:

Owned by Murdoch. Who owns FOX. I’m sure they tell both sides accurate and fairly😵💫

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BareLover666 said:

what's WSJ ?

And I won't give up the BBC or Guardian as I like to hear all sides to any story.

I am not your search engine.

1 hour ago, TotalTop said:

You obviously do not read politically neutral or balanced accurate history or news sources.

I would suggest that what is obvious is not the comprehensiveness of my reading, but rather your lack of it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, TotalTop said:

You need to stop reading completely inaccurate revisionist garbage masquerading as 'history' like the 1690 project, CRT, etc. You obviously do not read politically neutral or balanced accurate history or news sources.

Please tell us what you mean by CRT, because it’s not actually CRT, but in your head, what hobgoblins have you named CRT?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, hntnhole said:

There are certain "faith-traditions" in the US that not only excuse, but actually support White Privilege, which is at the root of the national debacle taking place.  These are not the "mainline" denominations, such as Lutheran, Presbyterian, Episcopalian, etc.  These are smallish, loosely confederated denominations, and mostly in the South. 

Actually, the largest Protestant denomination in the U.S. is the Southern Baptist Convention, which split from "mainline" Baptists in 1845 over the issue of White Supremacy (the Southern Baptists being entirely in favor of it). They did not acknowledge their role in maintaining slavery and White Supremacy until 2017. So this is not a problem limited to fringe religious groups.

In fact, it's important to remember the history of segregation in US public schools and the response to the Court's decision in Brown v. Board of Education. Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of private "segregation academies" sprung up across the southern U.S., mostly affiliated with conservative Protestant churches, in order to perpetuate whites-only education. The death knell for most of these schools came when the federal government ruled that a segregated or whites-only educational institution was not entitled to tax-exempt status, and thus all those private schools became taxable entities (and contributions to them could not be deducted by the parents).

It was against that backdrop that right-wingers decided to make abortion a central issue for evangelicals. When Roe came out, in fact, most major Protestant churches endorsed it or were at worst neutral on the subject; abortion was seen as an issue that essentially only Catholics cared about. But several politically astute right-wing (and White Supremacist) operatives realized that since evangelicals could no longer use segregation as a rallying cry, abortion would work well as an "issue" to gin up support for conservative Republican candidates. That's how we got Ronald Reagan.

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, BareLover666 said:

You having read this paper, what are your thoughts on the role of governments in protecting (or not) the right to have sex with someone of your own gender, and same-sex-relationships, if any?

Should these be protected or not, if so: how and preferably by Federal or by (your) State government? 

If not, how do you feel about anti-sodomy laws when concerning homosexuality and (biblical/religious) groups that are against all gay sex and for instance favour conversion therapy where parents can send their young-adult or pubescent children to?

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, PG1961Canada said:

I honestly don't get this comment... don't tease ... what is the word?

I won’t suffer myself to utter it, but if it helps, it’s a notoriously insipid gross generalization epitomizing racism.

Edited by ErosWired
  • Thanks 1