Does any of u practices sounding?

Sharp-edge

Yes, I’ve done it and had it done to me many times.

There’s a fair amount to know about doing it properly to avoid problems. The most important thing to realize is that your urethra is sterile, and what you do not want to do is start stuffing a lot of bacteria into it, or you’ll end up with a urinary tract infection, a bladder infection, or both.

Sounds themselves (actual sounds) are medical instruments intended for use in enlarging the urethra to permit passage of objects like kidney stones. They are usually stainless steel, and there are different types. Some are straight, some are curved, and some consist of a bulb at the end of a thin rod (‘rosebud’ sounds, the kind I use). They normally come in graduated sets that go from narrow to wide.

Sounds need to be scrupulously sterilized before use, and care taken not to contaminate them before insertion. They should never be shared out of one cock and into another. It’s recommended that latex or nitrile gloves be worn when handling them. Ample lubrication is a must, and you need to ensure that the lube isn’t contaminated either.

Sounds should be absolutely smooth. If a sound has any roughness, ridges, edges, or burrs, even tiny ones, don’t use it. The urethra is extremely delicate inside and very easy to scratch. Once you do, peeing will feel like peeing fire.

Sounds come in variable lengths, some as long as 14 inches. It can be sobering to watch a foot-long sound sink all the way to its grip into a six-inch cock - it makes you wonder where the other five inches went. (Deep inside you.)

Do not attempt to force a sound too large for your opening into it early on. Just like anal training, training your cock slit to accept a larger sound is a gradual process that should not be rushed lest you cause an injury. I’ve been sounding for several years, and there are still three sounds in my set that have never been inside me. They probably never will. Frankly, I can’t imagine the last one doing it.

Once you place the sound inside, you never, ever force it. Always let gravity do all the inward pulling. You may need to straighten out the curvature in the cock to facilitate it, but it will sink on its own. Once it does, you can -slowly- begin pulling it back up and out, then letting it slide back down again. This repeated action gives the sensation that your cock is being fucked from the inside. Again, slowly. Trying to do it fast, or with any force, will result in injury.

You can find “sounds” for sale made of silicone, or of other metals, or other materials, and in different shapes. Such things are best left to the hardcore fetishists with lots of experience and/or no sense whatsoever. Many of the alternative materials cannot be sufficiently sterilized, and many of the “novel” shapes stand a chance of causing some degree of trauma.

Because sounds are usually metal, you can usually use them as electrodes for electrostimulation. Do not do this unless you have extensive experience with e-stim and know exactly what you’re doing. I do. Please trust me on this one.

If you’re going to let someone else sound you, make sure the guy has experience, follows protocols to prevent contamination, and pays close attention to your feedback. Another person should never try to make a sound go somewhere in you it doesn’t want to naturally go. My former Master did very evil things to me with sounds, but he was a consummate practitioner with them and never put me at risk.

Lastly, don’t sound yourself with anything other than actual sounds - ballpoint pens, toothbrushes, asparagus, screwdrivers - these are not acceptable substitutes for sounds. And for God’s sake don’t ever use anything brittle, like, say, a glass rod, that could break off halfway down your cock and push its way out through the middle of your shaft like a compound fracture.

Sounding can be an interesting experience, but it’s not something you can do just casually. It takes preparation, care, and good practice to enjoy it safely.

• Upvote 4

Thank u for ur detailed post.

I'm concerned about the infection risk but I think with boiling the tools and proper handling I would be pretty safe. Although I've put catheters on few occasions, I think I'm okay with the glove/careful handling part. I wouldn't be trying electro, although I find this so hot. I'm experienced with surgical procedures so things that break, things that can contaminate, careful handling are things that are always in my mind.

I'm curious about the sensation. How does it feel. And wish I could find someone in Greece that does that. I haven't found a single person who does that.

3 hours ago, Sharp-edge said:

Thank u for ur detailed post.

I'm concerned about the infection risk but I think with boiling the tools and proper handling I would be pretty safe. Although I've put catheters on few occasions, I think I'm okay with the glove/careful handling part. I wouldn't be trying electro, although I find this so hot. I'm experienced with surgical procedures so things that break, things that can contaminate, careful handling are things that are always in my mind.

I'm curious about the sensation. How does it feel. And wish I could find someone in Greece that does that. I haven't found a single person who does that.

it feels like you are masturbating your penis from the inside. Put a vibrator against the rod while it's in your penis and the pleasure waves really skyrocket. Just wash yur hands and ise sterile lube and properly clean the sounds after each use and you'll be fine.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MuscledHorse said:

it feels like you are masturbating your penis from the inside. Put a vibrator against the rod while it's in your penis and the pleasure waves really skyrocket. Just wash yur hands and ise sterile lube and properly clean the sounds after each use and you'll be fine.

that sounds too hot. If I had someone to guide me here I would have been doing it from my late teen years

• Piggy 1

On 7/31/2022 at 9:26 AM, MuscledHorse said:

Yes a vibrator against the rod is amazing!!

Just one of those things that seem more trouble and risk than it is worth.  I actually have a hard time watching any sounding vids, so I guess my time is not now (Though like everything else that I used to say "No' to, that may change, as well).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Goldneye007 said:

Just one of those things that seem more trouble and risk than it is worth.  I actually have a hard time watching any sounding vids, so I guess my time is not now (Though like everything else that I used to say "No' to, that may change, as well).

Don’t knock it till you’ve tried it. I’ve gotten that reaction a lot from guys who ask about it and then get bug-eyed when they watch me drop a foot-long metal rod down my cock. It’s like, Hey, man, I always wanted to try that - oh shit nope nope nope nope

I’ve yet to meet one that actually tried it and said he wished he hadn’t. Mostly they don’t say anything, they’re too busy with their mouths hung open and their eyes rolled back.

It can be done safely if you exercise basic precautions and perform it sensibly with good equipment.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, ErosWired said:

so I guess my time is not now (Though like everything else that I used to say "No' to, that may change, as well).

I might add that my former Master used to say that anything a man said “never” to, he would have him doing it within seven sessions. I was always a little skeptical of that, but to be fair, this is a man who persuaded me to let him run a .18 gauge needle through each of my testicles.

…Having said that, I feel the need to emphasize that dropping a steel sound down your cock and running a steel needle through your balls are completely different - and utterly opposite - experiences. I recommend trying the former; the latter, not so much.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

Some interesting commentary above.  

One thing to remember is, Bd/Sm gear has one purpose, which is to physically - via use of the gear itself - demonstrate one man's domination over another man. 

Obviously these items - all of them - must be used with care, and in a sense of offering the bottom the opportunity to reach new levels he hadn't experienced before.  I'm not discussing the prior (and required) negotiation, all of that.  Only that the gear has one lovely purpose, and used properly, skillfully, it can peel years of bullshit away from a willing bottom's eyes. 

And yes; some of us do practice the use of sounds.

Edited by hntnhole
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hntnhole said:

One thing to remember is, Bd/Sm gear has one purpose, which is to physically - via use of the gear itself - demonstrate one man's domination over another man. 

As far as sounds’ use in a BDSM setting goes, that’s true, but sounds aren’t strictly BDSM gear - many people use them simply as a type of alternative solo or fetish play, or even simply a kind of advanced masturbation.

Without a doubt, one man penetrating another’s phallus right down to his very core is an exercise in power exchange. In some ways it can feel like an even more profoundly intimate violation than breeding - a male is deeply penetrated in the very organ he would himself use to penetrate.

But solo play need not involve that dynamic, and can simply be about the pleasurable sensations one gives oneself. Although my introduction to sounding was certainly in the BDSM sphere and very much in the context you describe, I think it would be inaccurate to suggest that the practice is limited to it, or requires a second person whose participation might alter the experience.

I will suggest that one’s first try at it is probably best with the assistance of someone practiced, but that experience need not be of a BDSM nature.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning,

I can accept that.  While it didn't occur to me that sub men might want to use sounds on themselves, I admit that anything is possible.  I can't say I would endorse self-sounding, since there's a potential for harm without an experienced D at the helm, but that might be an incompletely-thought-out notion.  

I’m a sub and sound often.

As others commented, cleanliness is paramount. I sterilize my sounds (I use medical grade stainless steel typically, though my chastity cage has options for both a urethral plug or a catheter attachment — not exactly sounding, but still feels incredible and involves inserting items into my urethra).

I wash my hands with soapy hot water and dry them with a clean, unused towel. I then use an alcohol swap on my cockhead and slit.

Before inserting the sound, I lubricate both the my slit and the sound sterile medical grade KY (this can be ordered on Amazon or purchased through a medical supply company). I only use this lube for sounding - not for any other lube-related activities (possibly my new favorite euphemism).

I then get comfortable and insert the sound — slowly working it deeper and deeper into my shaft. I rarely push past bladder sphincter — prefer to just stroke it for the length of my shaft.

And it DEFINITELY feels like masturbating the inside of your cock. It may be painful at the very start, but as you practice and enjoy, the entry will be as pleasurable as everything else. I highly recommend!