Alternatives to poppers?

19 hours ago, RawUK said:

If a guy has just removed his underwear and is fucking me I'll happily grab them and sniff on those whilst he's plowing my ass.

If its been a hot day or even better a hot day and his cock has leaked a few drops of piss and precum then I'll inhale deeply - smells better than poppers too!

Pretty much anything that contains masculine pheromones works for me - pits, socks, sneakers/boots, worn gym gear. 

• Like 4
  • Piggy 1

On 9/8/2022 at 5:42 AM, BiGuyInWI said:

I'm bisexual, vers/top, and am interested in bottoming again (it's been years). I've heard that poppers are supposed to help get one loosened up and receptive, but every time I've tried it I've been disappointed; it doesn't really do anything for me and I just get a headache. Is there another alternative that might work better (besides marijuana/THC, which sadly aren't yet legal in my state)?

Yeah, poppers are a vasodilator, they used to be used for heart pain prior to nitro glycerin.  Both can cause a head ache in some people, it's one of the side effects i see frequently in my patients i give nitro to.  Poppers are fun though, nitro? meh. 

i've never been stoned or drunk. i've been around it my whole life, just never partaken. i do get a rush from poppers though, especially when a Top puts them under my nose and wants me to sniff them. i get very turned on when  a Top shows a desire to affect me sexually, seduce, open... subtle approach gets me very open.  But then a Top who kisses my neck or ears has a similar effect. When a Top is behind me and kisses my neck, shoulders, my ass raised up to meet Him, it's like a button that also opens me.

Physical opening can be very connected to psychological opening for me. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 9/9/2022 at 3:09 PM, ErosWired said:

Actually, they pretty much are. Most poppers are produced by a small handful of companies that run the bottles out on the same production line and just put different labels on to promote sales. That bottle of Jungle Juice Black Label you pay extra bank for actually contains exactly the same substance as a bottle of regular Jungle Juice - you’re just paying extra for the label and the fantasy. Plus, it also contains the same stuff that’s in the bottle of Rush, or Pig  Sweat, or Iron Horse, and may have even been poured out of the same batch.

In the United States, essentially all poppers produced and sold are made with isobutyl nitrite. Some brands like Double Scorpio may include additives like fragrances, but isobutyl is isobutyl is isobutyl - you can’t make it ‘stronger’.

A bottle of poppers can, however, seem ‘weaker’, because poppers are highly volatile (or they wouldn’t go up our noses) and the active ingredient evaporates readily. If a bottle is not sealed tightly, it will lose its potency, not because the poppers are weaker, but because there’s not as much of the active chemical left in the bottle.

Overseas, poppers are still sometimes made with other members of the alkyl nitrite group, and you may be able to obtain them over the internet. But they’re still all made the same way, and behave the same way. The apparent wide variety of poppers on the market is pure marketing, and we are happily sniffing their scam straight up our noses and out of our wallets.

Not disagreeing because I understand the chemical is the same, but I have never liked Jungle Juice because it is one of the few that gives me that "circle" in my vision. Is there an explanation on what could be going on when I use other brands and do not experience it?

3 hours ago, greekwolfe said:

Not disagreeing because I understand the chemical is the same, but I have never liked Jungle Juice because it is one of the few that gives me that "circle" in my vision. Is there an explanation on what could be going on when I use other brands and do not experience it?

I can’t speak to that, because I get the circle you’re talking about no matter what brand I use. Curiously, though, the circle isn’t always the same color. I imagine the circle is actually a visual artifact produced by the way the blood vessels in the eye respond to dilation.

For me, at least, I’ve always seen that circle as a confirmation of what I’m for, and what’s about to happen to me, because the circle I see looks exactly like an anus with a slight gape to it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ErosWired said:

I can’t speak to that, because I get the circle you’re talking about no matter what brand I use. Curiously, though, the circle isn’t always the same color. I imagine the circle is actually a visual artifact produced by the way the blood vessels in the eye respond to dilation.

For me, at least, I’ve always seen that circle as a confirmation of what I’m for, and what’s about to happen to me, because the circle I see looks exactly like an anus with a slight gape to it.

I get the circle too and I imagine its the tip of the cock opening my anus up

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2022 at 8:42 AM, BiGuyInWI said:

it doesn't really do anything for me and I just get a headache

I'm of the same mind re: poppers.  A very slight whiff (meaning, the actual bottle is several feet away from me) can give me a shiver, but I only keep them around for other guys who might want them.  

To the guys that bring poppers in the darkrooms/fuckjoints:  ASK before you shove the bottle under some guy's nose.  

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2022 at 9:11 PM, ErosWired said:

Damn,  I thought it was just me seeing "the circle".   I wondered what it was for years.   

2 hours ago, TravelGuy1956 said:

Damn,  I thought it was just me seeing "the circle".   I wondered what it was for years.   

Bear in mind, I’m just speculating as to the physical cause. A look into studies on ocular effects of poppers (principally focused on the eye damage caused by isopropyl nitrite poppers - don’t use them) suggests the spot could be a manifestation of temporary retinopathy, which can cause a spot in the center of vision, and blurriness of vision, both of which I experience. I’m not a doctor, but it’s pretty obvious that poppers aren’t good for your eyes.

36 minutes ago, ErosWired said:

A look into studies on ocular effects of poppers (principally focused on the eye damage caused by isopropyl nitrite poppers - don’t use them) suggests the spot could be a manifestation of temporary retinopathy, which can cause a spot in the center of vision, and blurriness of vision, both of which I experience. I’m not a doctor, but it’s pretty obvious that poppers aren’t good for your eyes.

😧Can you point us to some of those studies, please?  I haven't heard of that but I am currently having a retinopathy issue.

7 hours ago, hairyone said:

😧Can you point us to some of those studies, please?  I haven't heard of that but I am currently having a retinopathy issue.

This study is in regard to maculopathy, which is related to retinopathy, and shares many symptoms:

[think before following links] https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5751859/#!po=47.2973

Here’s another that summarizes several case studies on retinal damage and popper use:

[think before following links] https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamaophthalmology/fullarticle/1032114

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kayne said:

Tried poppers twice in my life literal decades apart. first time... nothing but the second time?! felt lin my head was cavi g in and my heart was gonna jump out .t throat and dance the YMCA  a d run an iron man

It sounds like the first time you may have had some poppers that were flat and had lost their effectiveness, and the second time you got a fresh, fully potent bottle. You can always tell when they’re fresh - it doesn’t take much.