Do sex clubs and bathhouses near you encourage you to bring sex toys?

NWUSHorny

I intentionally did not identify the bathhouse here, but if I were to I would have to add that it's former location prior to COVID, it had the most active sex scene in either Portland or Seattle. I'm not sure dildo washing facilities will help them maintain that status.

@partying.hard maybe I'm just missing the signals, I'm the 1st to admit I'm sexually incompatible here, and because I traveled and was able to meet my needs elsewhere before COVID meant I never adapted, however I have been witnessing cruising and sexclub behavior for 15 years here that I've never encountered anywhere else. I'm not at all subtle with the fact that I love to fuck and get fucked, which often puts me at serious odds with the passive aggressiveness that is the norm here. 

I'm also not interested in becoming a part of the drug culture, which is also predominate here, so I have little doubt I'm missing sexual opportunities there as well.

I've had the best of times AND the worst of times at both bathhouses in Seattle and Portland....my best of the best was actually in Vancouver BC at Steamworks in the dark room!!!...the guys in Canada, at least during my experience, knew the priority was to fuck and not stand and poise! From what my partner , who observed me, said many different types of guys fucked my ass! I was fucked by a bodybuilder to one of the oldest elders he has seen in a bathhouse....and that's the way it should be...if you are waiting for the "perfect guy," you're gonna waste your time!....oh I love taking my toys but, never had the bathhouses specifically say to bring them.

Edited by Justaholeff
  • Upvote 2

Bach around 2005 I was on assignment several times in PDX over the course of a few years. Always had fun at a bath there and the Theatre was a blast. The one I went to the most has been closed for several years

I always tried to get a room when possible (at any bath) . I found that some guys want to play behind closed doors while others like to show what they can do. Some of my hottest play was in dark corners where it was truly anon. 

From my observations, guys that liked the closed door usually used condoms where as guys in the public areas with dim lighting were mixed, RAW vs condoms and in the dark corners were usually bareback, anything goes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Justaholeff said:

I've had the best of times AND the worst of times at both bathhouses in Seattle and Portland....my best of the best was actually in Vancouver BC at Steamworks in the dark room!!!...the guys in Canada, at least during my experience, knew the priority was to fuck and not stand and poise! From what my partner , who observed me, said many different types of guys fucked my ass! I was fucked by a bodybuilder to one of the oldest elders he has seen in a bathhouse....and that's the way it should be...if you are waiting for the "perfect guy," you're gonna waste your time!....oh I love taking my toys but, never had the bathhouses specifically say to bring them.

I would agree, that there are occasional good times to be had. Portland was one of the early locations for Cumunion parties, and until they were widespread drew some very horny travelers. The problem was, the locals that attended wouldn't even look at each other, let alone touch each other in the month between the Cumunions. Even now, if you happen to have a hot night at the somewhere, it is virtually guaranteed that it will be a total blue ball no mating dance situation all over town for weeks afterward.

Getting back to the OP’s question, the notice about the toy-washing sinks strikes me less as an encouragement to bring them and more of a practical acknowledgment of the fact that they’re present, in use, and if a designated area for cleaning them isn’t provided, men are going to be cleaning toys that have been up asses in the same sinks where men are supposed to wash their hands. Indicating that there’s a place where toys are meant to be washed may simply be an effort to improve hygiene eksewhere.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Hotrawbutt4u said:

Bach around 2005 I was on assignment several times in PDX over the course of a few years. Always had fun at a bath there and the Theatre was a blast. The one I went to the most has been closed for several years

I always tried to get a room when possible (at any bath) . I found that some guys want to play behind closed doors while others like to show what they can do. Some of my hottest play was in dark corners where it was truly anon. 

From my observations, guys that liked the closed door usually used condoms where as guys in the public areas with dim lighting were mixed, RAW vs condoms and in the dark corners were usually bareback, anything goes.

One of the weirdest things I've ever seen at an adult theater happened around 2010 at the one in downtown, which had moved from the Jefferson to the Paris by that point, all of them are closed now. A mid twenties chick came in with her bi-boyfriend (I had hooked up with them several times at that point both at theater and hotels), one night when the theater was completely packed to try to get gangbanged. On that night, not only did she not get gangbanged, she was totally ignored. They went down to the bed in the front of the theater and got naked with her legs in the air, and had only been there a few minutes when an elderly obese couple came in and sat in the couples section at the back of the theater. Every guy in the theater turned around and gave there complete attention to the elderly obese woman who just sat there and smiled at them for 2 hours. My friends finally left after about 2 hours after she was only fucked by 4 guys including her boyfriend and me (I had also fucked the boyfriend briefly on the gay side but we couldn't get anymore action going there either). When they finally gave up and left a few of the guys in the theater at least turned around and watched the movie, but most of them continued to give the fully dressed elderly obese woman behind the ropes in the couples section their full undivided attention until I gave up and left an hour later.

Edited by NWUSHorny

28 minutes ago, ErosWired said:

Getting back to the OP’s question, the notice about the toy-washing sinks strikes me less as an encouragement to bring them and more of a practical acknowledgment of the fact that they’re present, in use, and if a designated area for cleaning them isn’t provided, men are going to be cleaning toys that have been up asses in the same sinks where men are supposed to wash their hands. Indicating that there’s a place where toys are meant to be washed may simply be an effort to improve hygiene eksewhere.

You are more generous than I am, and could be right. I'd still prefer that they discourage playing dildos at a sexclub, it is disruptive for the guys that are actually there to have sex that involves using a real live boys dick.

Another note, the list of features in the original post is from the main page of their website. They are advertising it as a feature.

Ironically at the previous location they had a problem with guys pulling the sinks off the wall when they tried to wash their dicks at the sink instead of the shower 10 feet away from the sink.

Edited by NWUSHorny

5 hours ago, NWUSHorny said:

Ironically at the previous location they had a problem with guys pulling the sinks off the wall when they tried to wash their dicks at the sink instead of the shower 10 feet away from the sink.

Somehow you continue to find new ways to illustrate the…weirdness…of the men there.

I don’t see much advantage in a bathhouse encouraging toys for sexual play, as most such establishments are careful to advertise themselves very much as not houses of sexual activity, but rather as spas or health clubs, in order to stay on the tolerant side of the authorities, who would be forced to take some kind of action in the face of (Puritanical) public complaint if they were to openly advertise a sex venue.

The only possible advantage, given that context, would be the ability to say that encouraging toys would tend to discourage actual intercourse (debatable) and thus be a health benefit.

I, for one, would not like to see toys discouraged. I always bring a large dildo with me and set it out conveniently within reach when I go ass-up at a bathhouse. I find that it inspires some inexperienced men to experiment on me, it helps some men harden up to work me over, it occasionally gives another bottom something to work with if he wants to check out my ass, it provides a single Top an opportunity to double-penetrate me, and it gives a Top with a penchant for testing a hole’s limits a tool fit for purpose. My dildoes have been picked up and used on me for all of the above, including some of the most brutal, sustained, and fulfilling fuckings I’ve ever experienced. The very presence of the toy indicates to the Tops who walk in that my ass is very much for playing with, and receptive for fucking.

But of course, my experience has been in an area where toys are merely an adjunct to actual sex, not a wholesale substitute for it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ErosWired said:

I don’t see much advantage in a bathhouse encouraging toys for sexual play, as most such establishments are careful to advertise themselves very much as not houses of sexual activity, but rather as spas or health clubs, in order to stay on the tolerant side of the authorities, who would be forced to take some kind of action in the face of (Puritanical) public complaint if they were to openly advertise a sex venue.

That is another interesting difference, there is zero risk of a Puritanical complaint causing the businesses problems, adult venues of all types are embraced by the "keep Portland weird" movement and are almost sacrosanct for that reason. The Puritanical behavior of the patrons of the sex establishments more than makes up for the lack of a public Puritanical complaints. 

I can't say I have  ever seen a sign saying "please pick up your toys before leaving and take them with you", but I guess that would make sense.  What do they have?  A "lost and found" section?  Can you imagine having to go back and ask for one that you forgot?  Think of the look on the guy's face at that front entrance way.  "Excuse me but I left my double headed dildo in my room, did you find it'?   Toys have never been something I used, or enjoyed.  To bring toys to a bathhouse seems counter-productive.   I am  there to play with the toy attached to a human male.  I guess I find this thread rather surprising.

I used to have a saying "the only thing being put in me is attached to and part of a human being".  Not a strap on, not any outrageously huge butt plug that looked like one of those orange cones from driver's ed class in high school.  No, sorry guys, not into having some plastic device shoved in me that you later put in your dishwasher.  Not in the 90s, early 200s or today.  Not happening with this guy.  And NO, I mean dick, not a fist before you think I travel down that path, because that is DEFINITELY not happening.

I am not judging, not saying anything negative about guys who enjoy toys.  More power to you.  

But I'll take a pass....

• Upvote 1

Personally, I don't really see it as "encouragement" to use dildos instead of fuck. It looks like a simple list of "facilities" available to encourage everyone to come. The item that caught my eye was listing the showers as:  "Watersports Friendly!"  That, to me, would seem to be a bigger draw than a toy washing sink.

4 hours ago, ellentonboy said:

I guess I find this thread rather surprising.

I agree.  While the "terry towel twist" has never been my first love, I've spent plenty of time at bathhouses through the years.  The whole "toy" thing is new to me too.  At the tubs, phony Cocks, Cockblocks, all of these toys is something I just didn't run across.  I have plenty of Bd/Sm gear, but - using any of them at the tubs would never occur to me.  They're all for use in my home, or maybe at an SM club like CHC. 

But, time marches on, things change.  Whatever scratches the itch, go for it.

• Like 1

While not often, I have seen men use toys on themselves at the baths--usually while they wait in their personal sling room for the real thing.  I can think of at least two times I replaced the fake with the real which was what they were hoping to do. by playing with the door open.  It helped me to know that they loved (and could take!) sizable things up their ass....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1