Do sex clubs and bathhouses near you encourage you to bring sex toys?

NWUSHorny

@ellentonboy I with you on both the toys and fists. I have fisted as a top even jacked off inside a few guys, but it's not really my thing and I don't even want to try it.

@funpozbottom I'm fine with encouraging the watersports even if they aren't my thing, and have no objection at all if you incorporate them with fucking. To be honest I don't remember seeing guys doing them at that club in the past, when I lived in another city I was a frequent customer of a very active bathhouse that advertised a special watersports bathroom that I know saw both watersports and other activities. My issue with advertising the toy washing facility, is that guys were already bringing them in, to use in lieu of sex not to enhance it.

@hntnhole When they originally opened they tried having "Fetish Friday" every week where they invited groups to come in at a discounted rate to do show and tell about their favorite fetishes, most of which involved BDSM gear. For the most part all they did was display and model their gear, which led to some of the regulars that I talk to avoiding no fuck Friday nights.

@FelchingPisser I've been there done that with room cruising bottoms in other places. The problem is that has not been my experience here. They don't seem to do much room cruising here, or for that matter adhere to the common understanding how it works. The most common thing I see when I walk down the room hallways, is doors cracked just enough and bodies positioned so the only thing I see is the occupants feet?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ErosWired said:

Obviously, a trap set for foot fetishists.

That's always been my assumption, I'm actually afraid to stop and ask, since it will probably result in a long conversation in a fetish I have no interest in.

Edited by NWUSHorny

I think you guys are reading more into the toy washing sinks than there really is. I know the owner and he is an intelligent thoughtful guy who also happens to like using toys with his partner so the sinks are just a natural consequence of his own inclinations. He considers the sink an amenity for some of the patrons. 
     As for sex free spaces, sometimes it’s just nice to chill some place outside of your room before getting back into the fray.  Hawks is by no means trying to discourage sex.

8 hours ago, NWUSHorny said:

That's always been my assumption, I'm actually afraid to stop and ask, since it will probably result in a long conversation in a fetish I have no interest in.

I think it’s usually safe to assume that what you see in a shop window is what they’re selling.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Treehugger said:

Hawks is by no means trying to discourage sex.

I agree they aren't. The problem is with local guys, they know more ways to have "really great sex" without using a dick than anywhere else I've ever lived or visited, I see this as unintentional encouragement of that kind of behavior.

1 hour ago, ellentonboy said:

Okay, I'll be blunt and crude.  A piece of plastic does not feel the same as a penis.  It doesn't and it never will.  

I won't continue to post on this thread because I think it is fair to say that "we agree to disagree" in many cases.

I don’t think anyone here would argue that a dildo can feel as good as a cock, especially not a bare one. Even though some of the “natural” silicone models with custom density and firmness begin to come close, there are a couple of aspects that they can’t duplicate:

1) Temperature - A cock is full of warm blood. Even if you warmed a dildo it would be hard to keep its temperature consistent.

2) Skin-To-Skin contact causes release of the bonding hormone oxytocin, and boosts levels of serotonin and dopamine in the brain. That’s a biochemical charge you’re not going to get from any dildo ever.

3) A dildo doesn’t desire to fuck you - a Top not only does, but his desire may stem from simple appetite to a range of motivations that all have an impact on how valued, used, or objectified you feel. If the dildo is in your own hand, the only desire is your own. That being said, a Top can still convey some of that sense with a dildo - last weekend my local regular savaged me with one of my biggest ones and I absolutely felt his delight in it - but as soon as he was finished he used his own cock, and there was simply no comparison, even though he’s only slightly high average size.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, NWUSHorny said:

I agree they aren't. The problem is with local guys, they know more ways to have "really great sex" without using a dick than anywhere else I've ever lived or visited, I see this as unintentional encouragement of that kind of behavior.

I have not encountered this in the PNW but with Covid it’s been a while since I have enjoyed Portland’s sex scene. 
     I’ve nothing against toys, to each his own, but I hope when I get back to the bathhouse I only encounter real dicks. 🤪

• 1 month later...

Update: it looks like they really are encouraging guys to bring their toys. Thursday nights are now Toy Drive Nights, with this advertisement:

"Bring your toys to show off the collection or buy any from our selection with 20% off toy purchases."

I know they are just trying to get admission paying bodies in the door, and aren't actually suggesting guys to come in and play dildos in lieu of fucking, but this is in the PNW and unfortunately it is going to encourage even more anti-penis behavior in gay sex venues where it is already rampant.

Edited by NWUSHorny

When I've gone to Steamworks Toronto I've always brought my two buttplugs of different sizes. Only smiles at the check-in. Several tops and vers guys have inserted each buttplug into my daddy ass. Funny enough, some guys passing my room did not notice a buttplug in my ass but didn't venture to come in and play. The odd guy knew what to do. For me, the buttplugs are a lot of fun and keep my hole open.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Read1 said:

When I've gone to Steamworks Toronto I've always brought my two buttplugs of different sizes. Only smiles at the check-in. Several tops and vers guys have inserted each buttplug into my daddy ass. Funny enough, some guys passing my room did not notice a buttplug in my ass but didn't venture to come in and play. The odd guy knew what to do. For me, the buttplugs are a lot of fun and keep my hole open.

As long as you are allowing guys to remove the plug and give you the real thing, it's not a problem. The problem here,  is guys who bring their toys but don't give or take real cock. I'm imaging this will turn out like the Fetish Fridays they tried several years ago, they got guys to come model their gear but were so disruptive for guys actually there to have sex that they became known as No Fuck Friday, causing their regular customers that like to fuck to stay away. 

Edited by NWUSHorny

• 8 months later...

Well I guess there is a little bit of good news, they are no longer billing Thursday nights as dildo playdate night. The do still list toy washing sinks and sex free spaces prominently on there list of features. I really need to find the time to make my move to another part of the country, I'm not going to accomplish it by spring of 2023 like I had hoped.

Edited by NWUSHorny

Can't say I've seen anyone bring sextoys to the fuckjoints I go to ... I mean dildos, other "carry along's"-  not "wear-able's" such as  armbands, harnesses, etc.  But then, I seldom hit the tubs, where it might be more likely.

• Like 1