PrEP/need advice!

betabeaux

Hey guys! Long time lurker here. Have started PrRp and will be 7 days on Descovy this Thursday/Friday. I am a PIG and love getting fucked. I have always used protection etc. but now that I am on PrEP I want to take the plunge into getting bred. For those that are on Descovy/PrEP, am I freaking out by still being worried about HIV transmission? I am planning on attending MAL and Pig Week, and would love to enjoy real man sex. Raw. Thanks for any guidance etc. you can provide. 

Edited by betabeaux

• betabeaux changed the title to PrEP/need advice!
  • Moderators

You're "good to go" as of Thursday/Friday. As long as you keep taking your Descovy regularly, your chances of being infected with HIV from sex are extremely low. Estimated at 1 in 10,000, but the number of actual breakthrough cases in people who could be verified as taking the meds regularly is less than 1 in 100,000. Pig out and enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Piggy 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2022 at 11:08 AM, viking8x6 said:

You're "good to go" as of Thursday/Friday. As long as you keep taking your Descovy regularly, your chances of being infected with HIV from sex are extremely low. Estimated at 1 in 10,000, but the number of actual breakthrough cases in people who could be verified as taking the meds regularly is less than 1 in 100,000. Pig out and enjoy!

He definitely said it best for taking Descovy, because the facts of taking PrEP is almost similar to playing with someone that's Undetectable.  Only main danger are the other STI's that you'll still want to watch out for.

Go for broke and enjoy those loads. Since taking Prep I've taken so many raw cocks, many I've never seen, I don't ask, I just let them use me. Regular STI's are all I've caught. If you get HIV while taking Prep, then you'd be very very very unlucky.  Enjoy being a slut.

• Like 1
  • Piggy 1

1 hour ago, ErosWired said:

Bear in mind that this estimate means that once you’ve taken bare cock up your ass 10,000 times, infection is a near certainty. So…pace yourself. Don’t do it all in a week.

But that's definitely a good goal to work toward! LOL

22 hours ago, KylerIsTrash said:

I took more than a couple thousand loads while on PrEP. Was still neg when I stopped taking my meds at the beginning of the pandemic. 

My bf and I both stopped meds ( me) prep (him) in 2019.  We’ve never looked back. 

• Piggy 2
  • Downvote 1

• Moderators
On 10/22/2022 at 9:41 AM, ErosWired said:

Bear in mind that this estimate means that once you’ve taken bare cock up your ass 10,000 times, infection is a near certainty. So…pace yourself. Don’t do it all in a week.

No, no... the math doesn't work that way.

With those exact numbers (chances of 1 in 10,000 per encounter and number of encounters 10,000), you would have slightly under a 2 in 3 chance of infection.

If you really want it, you have to WORK for it!  LOL

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PozDesire said:

I just got approved for Prep.   But I want it also.   Any advice?

Your post is ambiguous, because it's unclear what you mean by "it".

If you mean "I just got approved for PrEP, but I want to take PrEP, too", then there is no problem. Get on it.

If you mean "I just got approved for PrEP, but I want to get HIV, too", then your post belongs in the Bug Chasing forum on this site, not the health section.

Basically, if this latter construction is what you mean, then the advice you get will be based on where you post. Here in the health section, the point is to encourage the use of PrEP to avoid getting HIV, and there are very extensive discussions of the problems you can face as an HIV+ man. Basically, you're signing yourself up for a lifetime of expensive health care, which practically no one can afford without some sort of health insurance (be it an employer plan, an individual plan, or a government-financed one. You'll be at heightened risk for all sorts of complications for the rest of your life (because HIV medications not infrequently take a toll on other parts of your body). Despite a vastly better educated populace than we had in, say, 1985, substantial numbers of potential partners (romantic or sexual) will reject you because of your HIV status. If you have dreams of world travel, there are places where you won't be admitted if you truthfully answer questions about your HIV status, and if you lie and they figure it out because you're carrying HIV medication in your luggage, some of those places will arrest you for trying to enter their country illegally. (Thankfully, this is becoming rare, but it's not unknown even today).

This isn't to say you must get on PrEP. It's a personal decision. But as I've said many times here, there will always be idiots in the Bug Chasing forums talking about "brotherhood" and deep spiritual meanings behind sharing DNA and all kinds of other bullshit. That "brotherhood" isn't going to be taking care of you when you get your first serious opportunistic infection. They're not going to pay your insurance bill to keep your treatment going when you change jobs and have a gap in coverage, or when you lose your job and you can't get coverage because you don't live in a state with expanded Medicaid (and COBRA coverage is far too expensive). "Brotherhood" in the poz community seems (to me) to be mostly a bunch of jack-offs online indulging in the fantasy that you're all connected because of your shared HIV experience, and it manifests itself mostly in people showing off biohazard tattoos.

And look - I get it; the erotic appeal is much like the appeal inherent in things like vampire legends, the seduction of someone into permanently changing something key about himself, a change that wreaks a fundamental reconstruction of the body' But at the end of the day, all it really means is that you now have an incurable disease, one that for the overwhelming majority of people will eventually kill them if they stop treatment (and by eventually I mean far younger than would otherwise be the case). Thanks to science, it's possible to ward off that death sentence to the point that most people with HIV on treatment will die of something else before they reach that point. But the key there is treatment, something that's expensive and can't be stopped if you want it to remain effective.

• Upvote 3

PrEP is wonderful, if you have just started you can also just do the on demand method at the start as well as taking one every a day just to be safe. After 7 days you are good to go. PrEP is brilliant you now do not have to worry about HIV ever again and can have sex with Poz men and not have to freak out ect, zero stigma of asking guys there status, in this day and age everyone should be using PrEp or Anti viral medication unless you are a moron and live in some fantasy land that thinks that getting some potentially deadly virus that wastes your body and ends your life early makes you apart of some make believe brotherhood, all for the simple fact we are doing the exact same thing we would be doing anyway FUCKING RAW freely. There is no brotherhood out there, a postive diagnosis is a lonely place, yes not a death sentence anymore but still there is stigma that goes with it.. Get on PrEp and fuck as much as you like. 

15 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

No, no... the math doesn't work that way.

With those exact numbers (chances of 1 in 10,000 per encounter and number of encounters 10,000), you would have slightly under a 2 in 3 chance of infection.

If you really want it, you have to WORK for it!  LOL

Thanks @viking8x6! I wanted to post something to that effect, but was too lazy to try to explain it!