Australia 

Norway 

Finland 

Ireland 

Would you agree look forward to hearing your thoughts

Have a fun week guys 

Carlos 😀

I agree with many of them!

Greeks are super nice!  Finns are quiet and shy, but truly nice and helpful.

Norwegians and Dutch are truly friendly.  

I am surprised Portugal did not make the list.

Being from Sweden, I can say the lower half of Sweden, not so friendly. 

However, when I resided in the Polar Circle for a year, WOW, the Samis and Finns

that live far north, are truly friendly.

Brazilians, I flew that awful flight from JFK and Miami just to get another go around with the guys down there.   They were the friendliest, most sexually aggressive bunch of men I have been around.

I loved it there, hoping to go a third time.  

• Like 2
  • Piggy 1

I don’t like generalising. And I’ve always found that if I treat the people in countries I’m visiting with respect and friendliness, that is what I usually get back.

Interestingly, I was in New York for the first time last week. I’d heard all about New Yorkers’ supposed rudeness before I went but I found the opposite to be true. Everyone I encountered was friendly, helpful and funny. Still, I fell in love with NYC and can’t wait to go back. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, RawPlug said:

I don’t like generalising. And I’ve always found that if I treat the people in countries I’m visiting with respect and friendliness, that is what I usually get back.

Interestingly, I was in New York for the first time last week. I’d heard all about New Yorkers’ supposed rudeness before I went but I found the opposite to be true. Everyone I encountered was friendly, helpful and funny. Still, I fell in love with NYC and can’t wait to go back. 

As a former NYer, I couldn't agree more.  Back in '87, I spent a week in London and found the Brits to be most hospitable, friendly and right sexy.  More than 1 man suggested I stay, but my father had just recently passed and I felt I was needed back home.  Not one of my best decisions and now, being Po White Trash, dead common, in the King's English, I can't afford to relocate.  You seem to be sweet and sorted and the type to be a good lover.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, evilqueerpig said:

As a former NYer, I couldn't agree more.  Back in '87, I spent a week in London and found the Brits to be most hospitable, friendly and right sexy.  More than 1 man suggested I stay, but my father had just recently passed and I felt I was needed back home.  Not one of my best decisions and now, being Po White Trash, dead common, in the King's English, I can't afford to relocate.  You seem to be sweet and sorted and the type to be a good lover.

I’ve always treated everyone as I would wish to be treated myself. It makes life very straightforward! 😂

• Upvote 2

I have spent some time in Ireland, and I must say that the hospitality of the Irish rivals if not surpasses Southern hospitality. I'm rather surprised to see New Zealand on the list.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, RawPlug said:

New Yorkers are very engaging people. The stereotype of people being rude actually applies to folks from Long Island and New Jersey.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, RawPlug said:

As a New Yorker for the last 30 plus years,  I find that New Yorkers tend to be rude--but only with each other.  With visitors,  with have a bit of compassion and more than a little bit of pride in out city.  We all know the quickest way or easiest way to get to where you're going.  And we love to direct you to hidden places, places that don't appear in guide books.

• Upvote 1

I hate these kinds of generalizations. We Brits are often stereotyped as cold and unfriendly, whereas in fact we’re just a bit reserved and shy. If I’m sitting on a train with a stranger, I probably won’t strike up conversation, because I’ll be thinking, “This person might be enjoying a bit of quiet private time, and I don’t want to be presumptuous and disturb him/her”.  However, if YOU start talking to ME, I’ll be perfectly friendly and will probably welcome the opportunity to chat.

Just because the “Hail fellow well met” type of approach is culturally alien to some groups of people, doesn’t mean to say that their hearts are any less warm than anybody else’s.

Edited by Spunkinmyarse
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1