Chat Missing

• Moderators

Moderator's Note:

The duplicate key problem cited above by many people ("Duplicate entry for key...") is, as far as I can tell, due to a flaw in the either the user database for the chat program (which is not the same software as the main site), or the code that accesses it. The only person who can fix it is @rawTOP. If you are having this problem, you will just have to wait until he can get to it.

6 minutes ago, Jeanscumpig said:

yeah man that's quite annoying, you see that you have 5 chats, you can't even answer. Hopefully they resolve this quickly.

People who have the above problem cannot log in to the chat site at all, so no one there will be sending them chats, and even if they did, they wouldn't be able to see them. These are not the same as private messages on the main BZ site.

1 hour ago, viking8x6 said:

Moderator's Note:

The duplicate key problem cited above by many people ("Duplicate entry for key...") is, as far as I can tell, due to a flaw in the either the user database for the chat program (which is not the same software as the main site), or the code that accesses it. The only person who can fix it is @rawTOP. If you are having this problem, you will just have to wait until he can get to it.

People who have the above problem cannot log in to the chat site at all, so no one there will be sending them chats, and even if they did, they wouldn't be able to see them. These are not the same as private messages on the main BZ site.

To add to this just a bit, if I may: the problem of not being able to reply to private messages is not due to a bug in the software, but to the fact that you're a new member.  You earn the right to send private messages (including responses) by participating in the forums here, making posts and replies and creating topics. The threshold for where you get particular privileges is automated (in other words, it's not that RawTop looks at your participation and manually decides "This guy now can send messages"), but the trigger points of how much participation moves you to the level where you can message is not public information. That's to keep spammers, etc. from gaming the system.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

To add to this just a bit, if I may: the problem of not being able to reply to private messages is not due to a bug in the software, but to the fact that you're a new member.  You earn the right to send private messages (including responses) by participating in the forums here, making posts and replies and creating topics. The threshold for where you get particular privileges is automated (in other words, it's not that RawTop looks at your participation and manually decides "This guy now can send messages"), but the trigger points of how much participation moves you to the level where you can message is not public information. That's to keep spammers, etc. from gaming the system.

i've been here over a year and a ton of things are still locked. what do they want me to do, start a weekly webcam party? write a blog? lol

• Moderators
1 hour ago, fertilehole said:

i've been here over a year and a ton of things are still locked. what do they want me to do, start a weekly webcam party? write a blog? lol

You've made only 16 posts. That's about the bare minimum that can get you to Junior Member status. For some people it takes twice or three times that many posts. So yes, in order to earn those privileges, you have to participate. This is a discussion forum.

1 hour ago, fertilehole said:

It's not time spent; it's what you do with it.

If time as a member was all that mattered, spammers could create dozens of fake accounts, wait the required amount of time (whatever they figured it out to be), and then let loose. By focusing instead on how much you participate - number of posts made, number of replies made, number of topics started, etc. - the system weeds out those who are just here to cause trouble, or those who think this is just another hookup site (it's a discussion forum).

2 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

You've made only 16 posts. That's about the bare minimum that can get you to Junior Member status. For some people it takes twice or three times that many posts. So yes, in order to earn those privileges, you have to participate. This is a discussion forum.

hah mm kay. i guess i've been waiting for an excuse to delete my profile here anyway.

have fun, trashbags.

• 3 weeks later...

I really wish that my chat would work. All I get is (PDOStatement: Duplicate entry 'stephaniecd51' for key 'name_UNIQUE') This is very frustrating when I see people sending me chats.

To anyone that wants to chat with me, please message me and we can find an another way until this is resolved

Stephanie

• Moderators
55 minutes ago, stephaniecd51 said:

I really wish that my chat would work. All I get is (PDOStatement: Duplicate entry 'stephaniecd51' for key 'name_UNIQUE') This is very frustrating when I see people sending me chats.

This has been a problem for a while. The chat page runs on completely different and separate software from the main site, and it has some database glitches that @rawTOP has not been able to fix yet.

As far as I know, you can not "see people sending you chats" without being logged in to the chat. Perhaps you are referring to private messages on the main site (which are a separate and unrelated thing). New members don't have the privilege to send those, but they do gain that privilege when they get promoted to Junior Member. That will happen automatically after you have participated in the site a certain amount by making posts in the forums.

All that said, Breeding Zone is a discussion forum. It is not really a chat or hookup site, and it's actually not all that great for those purposes.

9 minutes ago, viking8x6 said:

This has been a problem for a while. The chat page runs on completely different and separate software from the main site, and it has some database glitches that @rawTOP has not been able to fix yet.

As far as I know, you can not "see people sending you chats" without being logged in to the chat. Perhaps you are referring to private messages on the main site (which are a separate and unrelated thing). New members don't have the privilege to send those, but they do gain that privilege when they get promoted to Junior Member. That will happen automatically after you have participated in the site a certain amount by making posts in the forums.

All that said, Breeding Zone is a discussion forum. It is not really a chat or hookup site, and it's actually not all that great for those purposes.

Indeed we're following more of the old bulletin board model here; but enhanced with links and images.  

• Moderators

You're not doing anything wrong. The chat software is a separate platform and it's got a bug in it that prevents some people from logging in (I don't know the details of why some and not others). See above thread...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.