Weird trends

slaveboi

1 hour ago, ladyMacDeath said:

So how come Its weird to see me (3 holes)woman on gay sites.

I suspect that most who find it odd do so simply because they don’t understand what the women are hoping to find. Among fully gay men, the reaction to female secondary sexual characteristics tends to be either disinterest, or revulsion, sometimes strongly. In spaces that have been organized around homosexuality, the inclusion of the other gender can make the space feel less safe and welcoming, given that the gay experience of the hetero mainstream has largely been one of bias and prejudice. Ceding safe spaces to hetero folks is a hard sell.

While it is possible for a woman to be attracted to or interested in gay men, for many gay men being targeted by such a person is a nightmare scenario. Of course, sexuality being a spectrum, the bisexual proclivities of any individual are subject to exploration, but the question is whether a bi guy is more likely to go to a gay site when he is in a gay frame of mind, and a hetero site when he’s looking for a woman. If so, it makes less sense for the woman to be on the gay site, offering attentions unlikely to be returned.

Frankly, I have always just thought of lesbians as gay women, and wondered why we needed a separate word for them; it would make sense to me if lesbians also used Grindr to find one another.

3 hours ago, ErosWired said:

I haven’t encountered it at all where I am, but Kentucky is typically about 20 years behind the curve, in terms of adopting new culture. It’s pitiful, really.

Maybe they will go with "power cuddler" instead. Locally that term seems to be more popular than "side". There seem to be many new ways to say "we can have gay sex if you promise not to touch my icky dick and I promise not to touch yours." Who knows, maybe my label "functionally lesbian" will catch on, since for some reason it hasn't made anyone mad yet (I'm not sure how actual lesbians would react to it).

• Like 1

Another change, not sure it qualifies as a trend, is presence of FTM and more recently MTF that still have their male sexual equipment (I'm not sure why they would want to go to a gay sex club, but Hawks PDX has made an effort to make them feel welcome) in gay sex clubs. To be fair the vast majority of them were not old enough to go to sex clubs 10 years ago.

3 hours ago, ladyMacDeath said:

I am that chick on Grindr lol. I've been on their for about 3 years now. Started in Atlanta looking for my first double pen with bi guys, then...

Honestly Ive been on bz since 2016. I feel that females should be able to like what they like. Without being shunned for it.... now I also feel that if we are being made to accept ts woman as such. TS chicks saying they are straight and don't like girls. Thank technically we both are one in the same. So how come Its weird to see me (3 holes)woman on gay sites.

Unfortunately as with most things, it’s about perception and presumptions. Those with our shared former career background know better than just to judge with just our eyes. 

Interesting topic, I’ve seen only some of those trends in my travels, not been approached by any women with strap-ons yet and thankfully avoided guys pissing in me.

One trend I have noticed, welcomed and embraced is guys videoing encounters. This has arisen only since cameras were added to phones so I suppose in last 10 years but in my experience more particularly in last 5 years. I’ve noticed it mainly in hookups in homes or hotels. I still find a lot of reluctance but much less so than 2 years ago, Outside North America you generally can’t take phones into bathhouses but in USA you can rent exclusive use of a room so I have come across videoing random encounters there, which I find hot. I’ve been to a few sex parties where the host takes a few carefully controlled photos shared amongst the guests but not yet attended a group sex event with a free for all videoing but understand that trend is emerging too.

On 5/23/2023 at 10:09 AM, NWUSHorny said:

I'm not sure that these apply outside my local area, I haven't noticed them anywhere else.

Men bringing dildos to sex clubs and wanting to use them instead of a real life hard cock

Going to sex clubs and only wanting to cuddle, most of them get pissed off if you try to involve a cock, either theirs or yours

Guys walking around the sex clubs with their dick locked in a chastity device

They never were big on fucking (some of them know a 1001 ways to have really great sex where no one has to touch an icky dick) since I've lived here, but these "trends" make it even worse.

You really hate cuddling and guys who don’t fuck. Almost as much as I hate the trend of these faux bi-sexual/gay-straight men. 

On 5/23/2023 at 10:57 AM, slaveboi said:

What weird trends have you noticed in the last 10-12 years? 

• Guys on Grindr listing vaccination status as Display Name or About Me
  • Smelling like designer cologne when its a hook up
  • Older gay guys doing the show armpit ~ hand on head pose
  • Tops using the suck ramp for fucking instead of getting blown.
  • Upvote 1

On 5/24/2023 at 1:25 PM, ErosWired said:

I haven’t encountered it at all where I am, but Kentucky is typically about 20 years behind the curve, in terms of adopting new culture. It’s pitiful, really.

Wisconsin too, at least the countryside.

Young kids are U+ / poz-friendly?!  Not around here.

The lingerie kink kills me too.  It must be a country thing.  When I visit cities, I never bump into so many guys into lingerie, smooth asses, a guy (with cock and balls showing) in wig & dresses, etc.  I like fucking females but the guys into that kink turn me off.

On 5/24/2023 at 2:29 PM, ladyMacDeath said:

I am that chick on Grindr lol. I've been on their for about 3 years now. Started in Atlanta looking for my first double pen with bi guys, then...

Nice!  I saw a chick nearby on Grindr yesterday but thought she must be a really damn good TS.  I'll be on the lookout for more chicks on Grindr.

Edited by chipygmalion80
typo
  • Upvote 1

On 5/27/2023 at 1:26 PM, dickluva said:

TS chicks that are lesbians. I know a few.

Yeah this is definitely a new one... Along with more TS tops as well. The amount of TS chicks hitting me up on apps to fuck me has risen a hell of a lot in the last 5-6 years. 

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, chipygmalion80 said:

The lingerie kink kills me too.  It must be a country thing.  When I visit cities, I never bump into so many guys into lingerie, smooth asses, a guy (with cock and balls showing) in wig & dresses, etc.  I like fucking females but the guys into that kink turn me off.

It's been big in Portland for the entire 16 years I've lived here. I hadn't really encountered it before I moved here, and still haven't seen it much anywhere else in my travels.

• Upvote 1

On 5/23/2023 at 6:58 PM, AirmaxAndy said:

Traditional Skinhead and Leather scene getting smaller and very few younger guys getting into it.

That's the case here in the US as well. 

Lots of younger guys don't have the patience to enter into contractual relationships, too wrapped up in searching out shallow thrills-of-the-day to invest in values/worth that lasts a lifetime.  It's a sorrow, but it's the way of the world, I guess.

What are "Cash Masters"?  I've no idea what you're alluding to ..... 

While ‘money boys’/prostitution is hardly a new trend, I’ve noticed in last couple years on the apps more young guys explicitly seeking ‘rewards’. While I find this annoying and undermining of the notion of equality in hookups, it seems to be something short of prostitution as the rewards sought are less than the ‘market rate’ for sex workers and - this is my impression anyway without actually using any - seem more like a tip than charging for sex. Perhaps I’m wrong with this impression. An equivalent I find in some Asian countries are guys who seek $5 for petrol or a taxi after sex, though this in not a new trend and again can be contrasted with guys who want to be paid for the sex itself.