Same old, same old .....

hntnhole

1 hour ago, topblkmale said:

With the fourth RNC debate now over, Vivek is looking more like the 2028 front runner. ☑️

He won’t be able to overcome Haley and her “woman of color” trump card - no pun - that she’ll use when it’s convenient to counter what the Dems are offering. She’ll be Trump’s running mate and will eat Harris for breakfast, lunch and dinner in a debate. 
Plus, Trump selecting her gives the GOP the opportunity to pat itself on the back whilst boasting to anyone who’ll listen that they’re not racist or sexist. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoneyBuns1980 said:

He won’t be able to overcome Haley and her “woman of color” trump card - no pun - that she’ll use when it’s convenient to counter what the Dems are offering. She’ll be Trump’s running mate and will eat Harris for breakfast, lunch and dinner in a debate. 
Plus, Trump selecting her gives the GOP the opportunity to pat itself on the back whilst boasting to anyone who’ll listen that they’re not racist or sexist. 

Trump's been ripping her for months now, and while he's pragmatic to a certain extent, he does generally not forgive people he perceives as disloyal. Additionally, he's not going to want anyone as VP who might overshadow him at any point, or who might gain attention from the masses that he believes rightfully should be his. Why else do you think he chose the utterly unforgettable Mike Pence the first go-round, other than to shore up his standing with evangelicals (which he doesn't need to do any more, now that they're fully on board with his racist demagoguery)?

In any event, if Trump manages to pull out a win in 2024, 2028 GOP candidates are irrelevant. Anyone who thinks he's going to go peacefully after a second term isn't paying attention to what he's saying. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HoneyBuns1980 said:

Trump will pick a white male (as he should). Republicans are generally NOT into identity nonsense and diversity hires. He'll never pick a woman nor a 'person of color' (I hate that term). Trump's base won't allow it.

1 hour ago, topblkmale said:

Trump will pick a white male (as he should). Republicans are generally NOT into identity nonsense and diversity hires. He'll never pick a woman nor a 'person of color' (I hate that term). Trump's base won't allow it.

So, you're saying that even if a Black man (or Asian man, or woman of any stripe) were judged to be a good fit for Trump as his second-in-command, his base is too racist and misogynist to accept such a person?

Or are you saying there's no way a non-white man or a woman could be the best qualified for the position?

Thanks in advance for clarifying.

6 minutes ago, BootmanLA said:

So, you're saying that even if a Black man (or Asian man, or woman of any stripe) were judged to be a good fit for Trump as his second-in-command, his base is too racist and misogynist to accept such a person?

Or are you saying there's no way a non-white man or a woman could be the best qualified for the position?

Thanks in advance for clarifying.

Neither.

Identity politics and DEI are more inline with the DNC. Trump will run with a white male VP. Guaranteed. My opinion.

1 minute ago, topblkmale said:

Neither.

Identity politics and DEI are more inline with the DNC. Trump will run with a white male VP. Guaranteed. My opinion.

That doesn't answer my question. You specifically said "Trump will pick a white male (as he should)" - emphasis yours.

What's the REASON he "should" he pick a white male - specifically? You aren't saying he should pick the best person for the job, ignoring identity politics/DEI. You're saying that a white male - specifically - is whom he should choose, meaning that's more important than any other qualification.

The only two possible reasons I can think of are that only a white male could be qualified, or that only a white male would be accepted by his supporters. You suggest that the latter is the case, when you said (again, quoting you) "Trump's base won't allow it" (by which you presumably mean his choosing a woman or non-white man as his running mate.

I'm open to another reason why he (again, your words) "should" choose a white man, but the onus is kind of on you to give an alternate reason beyond the two I can think of. If there is one.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, topblkmale said:

Neither.

Other than Tucker Carlson, there’s none out there. Unless you think an unholy alliance with DeSatan is the way forward. I’m thinking they’re going to want that female swing vote demographic that typically votes Democratic. I don’t think they’ll get it with Trump as the GOP nominee if he’s standing there with another gas bag White guy like him. 

As long as the MSM keeps pushing the Haley-is-the-most-qualified narrative (which, I believe they are/will), the #2 spot is hers to lose. The question then - for her - would be: is she willing to stoop that low? I think it’s 50/50. Whereas, DeSatan would jump at the opportunity - it’d be the only way he ever makes it to the White House, and would give him an edge over Newsom if/when they do finally square off - I still wouldn’t be surprised if Tim Scott found his way back into the mix if Haley shows any apprehension. 

23 hours ago, topblkmale said:

Vivek is looking more like the 2028 front runner

I don't know which "debate" you watched, but it couldn't have been the R's most recent one.  That little (small in every way - particularly manners) man has no proposals to better the country, nor it's citizens/citizens-to-be.  All he does is shout over the others, waving that bony finger in the air.  His foreign policy stance is truly numb.  

He's toast.  

Perhaps no one you respect watches certain news channels, but that's nothing more than an embarrassing bloviation on your part.  

33 minutes ago, hntnhole said:

I don't know which "debate" you watched, but it couldn't have been the R's most recent one.  That little (small in every way - particularly manners) man has no proposals to better the country, nor it's citizens/citizens-to-be.  All he does is shout over the others, waving that bony finger in the air.  His foreign policy stance is truly numb.  

He's toast.  

Perhaps no one you respect watches certain news channels, but that's nothing more than an embarrassing bloviation on your part.  

You're right.

I should have stated he's the GOP 2028 front runner. IMO

Edited by topblkmale
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, hntnhole said:

or in other words Trump 2.0, if something happens to His Orange Hindness, Vivek will take most if not all of the non-racist true MAGA believer portion of the coalition. I'm not sure how big that group is, but he is the clear favorite of the MAGA style and policy voters. The racist + style and policy voters will go to DeSantis.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, NWUSHorny said:

I'm not sure how big that group is,

First, thanks for the laugh !!   "His Orange Hindness" is great !!!  We're building up some first class placard possibilities for the political marches in the spring/summer !!!

Perr the quote above: Wellllllllllllll ......... neither am I.  It occurs that politically, 2028 is a light-year or three away, considering the pressing issues of today.  That said, if in the fall of '27 Magasmarmy's hair turns orange, we'll know there's a really rocky road ahead. (notice the double alliteration I managed to sneak in ... probably my favorite literary device) 

Here's another issue to contemplate:  I wonder how long Trumpanzee (credit Bootman) will live?  We see how poorly he's cared for his body - corpulence is never a good sign of a long life.  There's the question of knowing a bit about who runs what country in Eastern Europe, elsewhere - but that may not be "not-so-early onset", merely his lack of interest in anything but himself.  

Edited by hntnhole
rats - it wound up below this ....
  • Upvote 1

The racist + style and policy voters will go to DeSantis

The racist + style and policy voters will go to DeSantis.

If we're still talking '28 here, I'll lay you 10 to 1 that won't happen.  He's highly unpopular here, even among many R's.  I think his failure in this go-around will threaten his political career, even here in FL.  We have a 2-term limit for the Governorship, and he's on his 2nd term.  If he tried to end that term limit, I'm not so sure he'd even win that.  

On 12/7/2023 at 2:13 PM, HoneyBuns1980 said:

She’ll be Trump’s running mate

I don't see how the Trumpanzee would choose Nicky Haley as running mate.  He knows she's far more intelligent than he is, knows a few things about governing, and that would be the last thing he wants.  

In the event you're right, I'll pay dearly for tix to the Vice Presidential Debate.  Harris has been playing her part carefully in the Biden Administration, taking care not to overstep. 

If there's a Veep debate, all bets are off - I predict that Harris will tear Haley apart and spit out the pieces.  Maybe I'm wrong; I guess we'll see ..... 

3 hours ago, hntnhole said:

If we're still talking '28 here, I'll lay you 10 to 1 that won't happen.  He's highly unpopular here, even among many R's.  I think his failure in this go-around will threaten his political career, even here in FL.  We have a 2-term limit for the Governorship, and he's on his 2nd term.  If he tried to end that term limit, I'm not so sure he'd even win that.  

I know it is hard to believe, but nationally the racists love him and he has developed his own cult following among them. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NWUSHorny said:

I know it is hard to believe, but nationally the racists love him

Nothing about that segment of the population surprises me anymore. 

These folks have jettisoned any shred of intellectual honesty, in favor of what?  No announced plans to improve the social construct, no legislative agenda, other than to rain holy hell down on his perceived enemies.  That won't do even the most bitter racists any good - it would only further inflame these folks that have surrendered their souls to every conceivable form of hatred, division, repression, and if they get their way and accomplish all of it, they'll still have nothing left but hatred-stunted minds. 

They don't want to give any dough to the Ukrainians, preferring that Putin start gobbling up NATO countries after digesting the Ukraine.  Then we get to send our troops over there, per our long-standing treaty commitments.  They'd rather do the inhumane thing, and send refugees back to their original country.  As I see it, unless they have Native American blood in their veins, they're immigrants too.  So where does the hatreds finally stop?  

I suppose then they'll turn on themselves, for want of a "better" target. 

(this is the "politics" dept, right?)  Yep - just checked to make sure .... 

• Upvote 1