Same old, same old .....

hntnhole

On 12/19/2023 at 3:31 PM, topblkmale said:

Trump will lose supporters if he picks Haley as VP. He'll lose even more support if he picks anyone else from the GOP debates. DeSantis is a meme at this point

If he makes it past the current Colorado Supreme Court brou-ha-ha, I agree that he wouldn't choose a Veep from the current field, and for one simple reason:  Running for high office in the US requires a certain amount of hubris in the first place, and that's the very last thing the Trumpanzee is interested in.  All he wants is some weak-kneed push-over that will shit their pants/ies if he looks at them cross-eyed. 

DullSantis is - well - dull enough to accept if he were offered Veep, but he won't get it.  Haley is far too bright (in that peculiar, R sort of way) and young to accept, should it be offered.  Trumpanzee* only wants a "yes-man/woman" he can utterly dominate. 

*credit: Bootman 

20 hours ago, DallasPozzible said:

Supreme Court will ultimately make this decision and extremely unlikely it will disqualify Trump

It will be interesting to watch this issue unfold.  On the one hand, the politicized SCOTUS can hardly handle much more ill-will from the non-crazy citizenry. 

On the other, quarter-million-dollar RV's just don't grow on trees either.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TaKinGDeePanal said:

Does that still theoretically mean that the RNC could overturn the results of the Colorado Primaries on the floor of its 2024 Convention if the other results end up being close (with no Winner) - or order the electors for CO to become false electors if nobody gets to 270 in November - but the difference is less than 10 and Trump is still the Official GQP Nominee?

This would only negatively impact the 2024 Dem candidate (Biden or Clinton/Obama/Newsom/Harris)

Colorado's 10 electoral votes would be subtracted from Biden's electoral count...(not added to Trump's count).

This is Obama's 2008 playbook. Its how he beat Hillary. He removed Michigan and Florida electors from the primaries.

21 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

Trump has a nasty, visceral disgust over anyone who's disabled

100%.  The notion that such an intellectually /emotionally crippled creature as the Trumpanzee (credit to the above), could ever allow anyone in a wheelchair within a thousand yards of him - particularly in office, and most particularly as his running mate is beyond the imaginatory powers of even the most generous-of-heart human being.  

He's only interested in one thing in a running mate:  someone who will bend over on command, and kiss his enormous, Big Mac engorged ass (my apologies for even summoning that vomit-inducing mental image).

43 minutes ago, NWUSHorny said:

Personally I think he will pick Kari Lake as his VP. She has a very similar mentality, and enjoyed his kind of popularity and electoral success and then "unfairly" prevented from taking office.

While I believe if offered, Kari Lake would accept the VP spot. However, Trump would lose some of his hardcore base by picking a woman.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, topblkmale said:

While I believe if offered, Kari Lake would accept the VP spot. However, Trump would lose some of his hardcore base by picking a woman.

I don't think there is a possible pick that won't piss off some subset of his hardcore base. There is to much variation in who they hate.

• Like 2