Same old, same old .....

hntnhole

Mess.  Watched some of the R's shouting match (billed as a "debate") last night.  

As usual, Vivid MagaSmarmy hollered and interrupted everyone else, stabbing that bony finger in the air constantly, shouting at the top of his inexhaustible lungs.  Scott was a bit more "alive" than usual, but with much of his old talking-points.  Governor High-Heels was dull as a stone, natch, and Christie made a few points that reflected at least some measure of prior consideration. 

But the star of the show was Nikki Haley, who got so pissed off at MagaSwampy she called him "nothing but scum".  She made a number of points (good, considering their flawed basis), but at least grounded in a point of view, albeit mistaken in my opinion.  She's got bigger balls than most of the others, and I wonder if she'll move up in the polls today.  I'm guessing that VMS will be flushed down the crapper fairly soon, but that may just be wishful thinking. 

So these people are the best alternatives to Orange Jesus that the R's can put forth. What a sorry, miserable mess.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, topblkmale said:

This is the 2028 RNC pre-show. Vivek will be the only one relevant in 2028 as he is new media. No one under 50 years old watches FOX, MSNBC or CNN.

Allow me to disagree. 

While there may be "previews of coming attractions" in '28, we have other issues to deal with currently, and those are predominant now.  I think the guy from Ohio will disappear as fast as he initially appeared. 

What makes you think you know the demographics of television news consumption?  If you make silly statements, be prepared to back them up with facts.  Real ones.  

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, hntnhole said:
1 hour ago, topblkmale said:

This is the 2028 RNC pre-show. Vivek will be the only one relevant in 2028 as he is new media. No one under 50 years old watches FOX, MSNBC or CNN.

Allow me to disagree. 

While there may be "previews of coming attractions" in '28, we have other issues to deal with currently, and those are predominant now.  I think the guy from Ohio will disappear as fast as he initially appeared. 

What makes you think you know the demographics of television news consumption?  If you make silly statements, be prepared to back them up with facts.  Real ones.  

While it's overstated, I think @topblkmale does have a valid point here. I know some people who got their news principally from print media were pretty well blindsided when Reagan ran away with the election in '84. Those who were watching TV weren't.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, hntnhole said:

Mess.  Watched some of the R's shouting match (billed as a "debate") last night.  

As usual, Vivid MagaSmarmy hollered and interrupted everyone else.............

But the star of the show was Nikki Haley, who got so pissed off at MagaSwampy she called him "nothing but scum". 

So these people are the best alternatives to Orange Jesus that the R's can put forth. What a sorry, miserable mess.  

LMgay💏AO, MagaSmarmy he is indeed!

The irony of it all is that there is now a Trump, again — yet he is brown in color and younger than 40!

Who would want to build a wall with Canada? the debate threw up another of Vivek's crazy statement; the guy is truly nuts. 

magaSmarmy – young and brown Trump. a menace

Edited by brnbk
adding color :)
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hntnhole said:

Allow me to disagree. 

It's not a fact. It's observation.

Legacy media will be gone and irrelevant come 2032 election. Social media will be in a steep decline as well since its 100% 'woke' and far-left. New media will dominate later this decade.

• Downvote 3

1 hour ago, brnbk said:

LMgay💏AO, MagaSmarmy he is indeed!

The irony of it all is that there is now a Trump, again — yet he is brown in color and younger than 40!

Who would want to build a wall with Canada? the debate threw up another of Vivek's crazy statement; the guy is truly nuts. 

magaSmarmy – young and brown Trump. a menace

I'm not sure what brown has do do with anything since both Obama and Kamala are brownies.

3 minutes ago, topblkmale said:

I'm not sure what brown has do do with anything since both Obama and Kamala are brownies.

Well, it is sad when people of color start sounding like crazy Rich old wealthy guys — who if the law be applied appropriately, would actually face jail time for their white collar crimes. Rising inequality, a shocking mortality rate due to CoVID, end of female freedom and choice i.e. abortion right, are shocking developments in the United States that u would only expect very-wealth white men to be blind to, not people from immigrants backgrounds who moved to the US presumably for a better and freer life with liberty and justice and equality for all. 

I only referred to his race or ethnicity to point to the irony that while majority of Indian Americans are Democrats and liberal in their views, the two republican candidates of Indian origin are both cruel conservatives  with no sympathy for LGBTQ folks . Nikki Hailey thinks, trans men are responsible for an increase in young girl's suicide! and Vivek is willing to tolerate gays only  in their adult privacy instead of acknowledging them as an entity and category, just like his— an immigrant and brown man who is now aspiring to be the President of a country where before the Hart–Cellar Act of the 60s, people like him and his parents would be deemed non white and not worthy of residence and nationality and denied entry.   

While i don't believe that race alone helps people gain empathy for other socially marginalized groups it is sad when people from minority backgrounds do not sympathize with other minorities, and explore the possibility that the oppression suffered by others, is just the same as that endured by their parents or themselves, but just a different kind. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VistaCaBB said:

I dislike American politics.  I feel the country would be so much better off with less politicians. 

I don't believe the number of politicians is the problem.  Rather many feel the other side is their sworn enemy and they keep repeating that, so that more and more believe that.  We're woefully out of balance.  It used to be that the push / pull between parties helped balance legislation.  Now we're lopsided and people are treating it more like a football game (as if the consequences were similar).  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, topblkmale said:

Vivek's basically toast. At this point he's staying in the race to build a name for himself so he can get a contract with some big right-wing Think Tank, or a sponsored podcast, or whatever. He's never going to be president.

Right now, only Trump himself can corral the Trumpist vote AND the (shrinking) mainstream GOP vote into one, and even that's not enough to actually get anywhere near a majority (and very, very hard to get close to a majority of the Electoral College).

A small but nonetheless critical part of Trump's base won't vote for a brown man for president, period - and that portion of the base is more than enough to compensate for any votes Ramalamadingdong could saw over from the middle - most of which he won't get anyway, because he's focused on being just like Trump only brown instead of orange.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, topblkmale said:

They're also Democrats. There's a portion of the GOP that are hard core white supremacists who will never, ever vote for a brown man or woman.

And since RamaLamaDingDong is a GOP nutcase, he'll find the same reception that Bobby Jindal did in 2015. Haley's got only a slightly better shot.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I think we need to remember it is a long time to nov 2024

Trump still needs to get through all of his court cases - and At some point they may start to hurt 

Biden could still stumble and fall (figuratively and/or literally)  -and depending on when that could cause all sorts of drama 

and don’t forget the growing number of third party candidates- who have ABSOLUTELY no chance of winning but only have to shave off a few thousand votes in Wisconsin, Michigan, or Pennsylvania to flip the state from blue to red …..

it is going to be a long year-

I think I am going to need a lot of random anonymous rough sleazy sex to distract me  (otherwise I will just be obsessively reading every poll result and wacky opinion column and will drive myself to drink )

hmm so it seems my choice for the year is drunk or slut

well slut sounds more fun and is cheaper - and less fattening 

hmmm a good argument for being a slut - it is better for my mental and physical health?

13 hours ago, onlyraw said:

I think I am going to need a lot of random anonymous rough sleazy sex to distract me  (otherwise I will just be obsessively reading every poll result and wacky opinion column and will drive myself to drink )

That is terrible. There are loads of other things to read instead of wacky political columnists, many of who seem driven more by some kind of interests or agenda. 

There are many book clubs, even online these days. Message me if you are interested, and more than happy to share information, as I am not sure if isn't against the rules to talk about/'advertise' other groups.  There is one next Monday (20 Nov) reading the The Kingdom of Sand by Andrew Holleran.

Edited by brnbk

reading every poll result

1.   I wonder how many times we've awakened the morning after an election, to find out that the polls were wrong.  

Trump still needs to get through all of his court cases - and At some point they may start to hurt

2.  Orange Jesus has already been heavily damaged (except to the brainwashed), and at least one or two of these trials will damage him even more.  His businesses are in receivership, his receipts are down, and there's a substantial likelihood he'll wind up in a matching jumpsuit.  IF the Biden Administration can get a handle on how to promote his accomplishments, hammer on the R's many utter failures, that alone should be enough to win him reelection.  

and don’t forget the growing number of third party candidates

Good point.  What remains to be seen however, is the actual number of voters who will throw away their votes on one of them.  It may be that the 3rd-party voters think they're making a statement, but what they're actually doing is wasting their time and their vote.  There have always been "fringe" voters who presume themselves above the fray, and fool themselves into believing they stand for something "higher", or "more pressing" - the Greens, for instance - and they have a point.  However, when the Democracy itself (the governance that allows them to vote 3rd party in the first place) is on the block - as O.J. has said publicly in recent days - any wasted votes are truly missed.  

I think I am going to need a lot of random anonymous rough sleazy sex to distract me

That's for sure.  We're ALL going to need even more "distraction" than we're already getting, and that's a pervectly good thing.  Skip the booze, and go for the booty.  😁