What is the definition of ' breeding"

Anal intercourse resulting in ejaculation of semen into the anus of the recipient. In my opinion breeding is not dependent on whether the semen contains the HIV virus or whether the recipient is infected with said HIV containing semen

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 1/20/2024 at 6:09 AM, NLbear said:

In my book breeding means bareback fucking (and cumming in his ass).  Not necessarily poz.

This is my view too! Doesn’t matter if it’s poz cum or not. It’s filling a hole with cum. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leatherman667 said:

This is my view too! Doesn’t matter if it’s poz cum or not. It’s filling a hole with cum. 

That has always been my definition. If I ejaculate in a hot sexy male ass I think of it as breeding him. With the ladies I think of breeding as impregnating them, otherwise it's just fucking them. There's nothing else in sex quite like cumming balls deep in a hot male ass.

• Piggy 1

On 1/21/2024 at 12:18 AM, TaKinGDeePanal said:

Provided it doesn’t yuck anyone’s yum, it’s like the Number 42, i.e., “anything you want it to mean”. 

I respectfully disagree. A term that can mean anything essentially has no inherent meaning. The only reason we are able to communicate and understand one another is that we agree that words mean certain things and not other things. We have entire thick books devoted to nothing but delineating those distinctions. Our system of laws is based on those distinctions. Much social strife can be traced to misunderstanding based on a lack of consensus about how to use words. If the distinction didn’t matter at some level, the OP would never have even asked this question.

We use the word breed a lot around here. A lot a lot. It clearly has significance to matters that have brought us here, so it can’t mean just anything, or we’d have the Tower if Babel, where no one could be sure what anyone was really talking about.

But we do know, really, because words come from somewhere, usually from roots of meaning that grow and morph over time and through cultures. Breed comes from Old English bredan, ‘to bring to birth’, itself derived from Old High German bruoten, ‘brood, hatch (as of eggs)’. These extend from a Proto-Indo-European root bhreu-, ‘to boil, effervesce, burn’, implying the application of the physical heat required to generate and sustain the creation of life.

We don’t know all these things just because we learned the word breed, and yet we do - we implicitly understand that, unlike fuck, shag, rail, pound, or any of the scores of clever synonyms for insertive coitus, breed especially implies the reproductive function. The fact that the gay context permits no actual reproduction is irrelevant - the act of attempting to reproduce is so integral to what it means to be male that we must have a term to express when we are engaging in it.

Not every fuck is a breeding. You can absolutely tell. Men fuck for many reasons, and their drive to ejaculate is not always in a mindset that one would consider a ‘rutting’ mode in the animal sense of reproductive readiness and intent. But there are times when a Top becomes acutely aware that his intent is to transfer his reproductive matter - his seed, his DNA, his essence, what have you - into a receiver of warm flesh, in the way his biology tells him is right for conception. He may not be thinking in terms of offspring, but merely answering a deep behavioral instinct coded into us ever since an animal grew the world’s first penis.

When the Top enters this state, he functionally becomes an altered figure to whom a specialized term applies: Breeder. In general, non-human contexts, this word is essentially synonymous with inseminator, again pointing to the reproductive function. But more importantly, it necessarily implies semen ejaculated inside the body of the recipient. Breeder is sometimes suggested as a term of sexual orientation, to preserve a sense of masculinity when a man is uncomfortable with bisexual - but note that this use, too, functionally relies in the sense of inseminator: Both the Breeder and the bisexual fuck people of both genders, but the Breeder’s masculine credentials are intact because he emphatically does what only Men can do - he’s an inseminator.

When a Top assumes the mindset of breeder, his perception of the target of his breeding usually undergoes a shift as well. The bottom suddenly becomes perceived as ‘fertile’ (even though there is nothing to actually fertilize) - a thing to be bred - and a viable subject for a biological fusion with the breeder’s genetic input. This primal psychological coding becomes a potent motivator in the intercourse that follows.

A similar shift seems to sometimes occur in the minds of bottoms, who begin to perceive a fertility in themselves, almost in the way an animal goes into heat, in the context of a breeder’s advance. If they were female, this would be more easily explained, but the same factors that draw men to receptive homosexuality in the first place are no doubt implicated in the reproductive psychology.

In any event, it seems clear that Breed, for the purposes of a community devoted to discussion of bareback fucking, means to fuck with internal insemination.

*Note: I am not a researcher in sexual psychology or reproductive behavior - these observations are based on personal experience. I do, however, have a degree in English, and finding out where words come from and what they mean is one of my very favorite things to do.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, ErosWired said:

When a Top assumes the mindset of breeder, his perception of the target of his breeding usually undergoes a shift as well. The bottom suddenly becomes perceived as ‘fertile’ (even though there is nothing to actually fertilize) - a thing to be bred - and a viable subject for a biological fusion with the breeder’s genetic input. This primal psychological coding becomes a potent motivator in the intercourse that follows.

Which makes me wonder when we started to adopt this term. When did "cumming"  become "breeding" in the gay sense? I don't recollect it being used in the 80's or 90's, but am I wrong?

2 hours ago, amsrat said:

Which makes me wonder when we started to adopt this term. When did "cumming"  become "breeding" in the gay sense? I don't recollect it being used in the 80's or 90's, but am I wrong?

Most of us were avoiding cumming in each other during the late 80's, when I came of age, through sometime in early 00's in an effort not to die young from an incurable. My personal belief is that term started within the gay community it started among bugchasers and indicated infection, but expanded in the last 10 years, with the avent of PREP, to mean any insemination of a gay man's ass. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, amsrat said:

I don't think cumming and breeding are at all the same thing. Any man on his own can cum, but only one man inside another man's ass can breed. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, amsrat said:

The bottom suddenly becomes perceived as ‘fertile’ (even though there is nothing to actually fertilize)

Well, that's a new one for me ... maybe arising out of my disinclination to have anything to do with women? 

What I can say is, that notion of a raw bottom having any association whatsoever to fertility (and thus female-ness) has never entered my mind.  

29 minutes ago, hntnhole said:

Well, that's a new one for me ... maybe arising out of my disinclination to have anything to do with women? 

What I can say is, that notion of a raw bottom having any association whatsoever to fertility (and thus female-ness) has never entered my mind.  

I think the drive of tops to inseminate and impregnate bottoms with their DNA is relatively common. Bottoms thinking of themselves as "fertile" are the complementary side of that same drive. It's framing themselves as ideal partners for these breeders with the drive to impregnate their virile seed in a way that's immediately understandable. 

Being in heat, in season, ripe, etc. are similar terms that help a breeder know that bottom is 100% receptive to their need and drive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ErosWired said:

Not every fuck is a breeding. You can absolutely tell. Men fuck for many reasons, and their drive to ejaculate is not always in a mindset that one would consider a ‘rutting’ mode in the animal sense of reproductive readiness and intent. But there are times when a Top becomes acutely aware that his intent is to transfer his reproductive matter - his seed, his DNA, his essence, what have you - into a receiver of warm flesh, in the way his biology tells him is right for conception. He may not be thinking in terms of offspring, but merely answering a deep behavioral instinct coded into us ever since an animal grew the world’s first penis.

When the Top enters this state, he functionally becomes an altered figure to whom a specialized term applies: Breeder. In general, non-human contexts, this word is essentially synonymous with inseminator, again pointing to the reproductive function. But more importantly, it necessarily implies semen ejaculated inside the body of the recipient. Breeder is sometimes suggested as a term of sexual orientation, to preserve a sense of masculinity when a man is uncomfortable with bisexual - but note that this use, too, functionally relies in the sense of inseminator: Both the Breeder and the bisexual fuck people of both genders, but the Breeder’s masculine credentials are intact because he emphatically does what only Men can do - he’s an inseminator.

100% accurate explanation 👍

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, hntnhole said:

The sense of ‘fertility’ I refer to is not a notion suggestive that somehow the bottom has converted into a functional female (though there are bottoms with impregnation fantasies that may let their thoughts run in that direction), but rather simply a heightened sense that insemination will result in a fusion of the bottom’s flesh with the masculine essence of the breeder.

I would also suggest that although every breeder is by definition an inseminator, not every inseminator is necessarily a breeder. There are Tops who simply fuck and load, but are never inclined to enter that particular breeding mindset at all. You may be one such, and thus would not expect to perceive a bottom through that particular layer of reproductive lust. Personally, I find that Tops who have made the mental transition into a breeding mode seem to get a more holistic satisfaction from their act - I always end up feeling fucked more completely - than those who are being more recreational, but of course it depends on the individual.