"I'm not into politics"

BootmanLA

From time to time I see this inane phrase in a person's profile, or in a posting somewhere, and it makes me want to strangle them. Because they're also the ones complaining, all the time, about how much this or that part of their job sucks, or how expensive rent has gotten where they live, or how much insurance or health care costs, and it's always blamed on "them"  - whoever "them" is.

I saw something today that encapsulates the appropriate response:

You're not into politics? Well, your employer is. Your landlord is. Your insurance company is. Your doctor and your local hospital are.

They get involved. They vote. They make sure that the people who can DO something about the problems you see DON'T do something about them. What "I'm not into politics" really means is "I don't care enough about my problems to do anything but complain about them."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

It’s going to be a really rough time if the Republicans get to roll back all the good stuff Biden and his appointees have done.  The CFPB is getting ready to set limits on overdraft fees to something in the $3-15 dollar range.  There’s no way the bankers would let that happen in a Republican Administration.  And that’s 1 tiny thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

"Sorry Politics, but I'm just not into you.

At first, I thought we had something together. I thought we had things in common and could build better lives together. But the more time we spend together, the more I see you were only using me. I'm tired of your empty promises. I'm tired of your denial and the blame game that every discussion falls into. I'm tired of your blatant disregard for facts and the truth. I'm tired of all your little 'projects' and 'power trips' and how you always wind up making me pay for it in the end.

We're through.

I'm leaving.

But before I walk out this door, I have one last thing to ask you:

Do you want to fuck me one more time?"

• Like 1

not sure what you mean by "profile" 

i get your overall point: it reminds me of circa 1990 when a fag could take a sip of miller lite and a drag off his marlboro and then go "stop bangin on about jesse helms. i'm not into politics" lol 

but i also get that i don't mention it on grindr because i like my men like i like my coffee: the less i know about it the better! im sure ive unknowingly sucked MAGA dick and i'd swallow every drop again. when it comes to dick, i support "don't ask, don't tell" 😜 

• Sad 1

If I ask more then the first name of my sex partner, I have gone too far.  Politics - no that's not what I am thinking about when I have a dick up my ass.  Why complicate matters, distract someone from the task at hand, and worry about political issues when I go home and turn on MSNBC and dream about Ari Melber fucking me after he is done.

I mean, don't hurt chances guys asking about political affiliations when someone about to rim your ass.  It's really a MUTE point.

That was fun.......thanks for the opportunity.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ellentonboy said:

MUTE

LOL .... the only difference is there's a diphthong involved .... that was a delicious play 😄

Oh - one could (and probably has) do a lot worse than A.M. 

Edited by hntnhole
I'd do him too .....

My 2 cents as someone that lived in the US.

People in the US are in general split into 2 camps that both pretend that their counterparts are the most evil people that inhabit the planet.

People in Europe are more moderate but have their own echo chambers just like the US.

So my reaction to your post mostly would be that most people spend their time fighting fictional enemies after the war was won.

I would suggest getting to know the lives and stories of people that you wouldn’t normally talk to, like gay Muslim apostates that have brought so much shame to their family that their 4th cousin would honor kill them at the first chance they get if they ever saw them again.

I think it pits into perspective what you perceive as “irreconcilable political differences” and gives you a chance to free yourself from whatever echo chamber you belong to.

• Like 2

A quick follow up: my point is not to shame anyone here but ask yourself why you think people in your own country culturally close to you are your worst enemies? It’s really not true. It really is not! It is however a nice profiting tool since it keeps both sides continually agitated and in a state of stress that makes you not be able to think clearly. Go figure.

• Upvote 1

If you are putting anything about politics, including that you aren't into politics, on a hookup profile, you really have no concept of how casual hookups work.

Now that I think about it, I bet I can find a plethora of local to me hookup site profiles that specify their politics, and a laundry list of romantic activities that I'm not interested in doing with a casual hookup, with no sexual likes listed.

• Like 1

As a queer, kinky, polyamorous person of color, the deck is ALREADY stacked against me.  I have voted in every election I have been allowed to and I will continue to vote until my dying day.  We did not get here, through the good graces of those in power. We voted them out/down.  EVERY vote can be a step in the right direction and I intend to keep us moving forward.   Those that say "I'm not political" are displaying their privilege.  I've never had the luxury to not be political. If I don't vote, i may very well lose the ability to or at the very least, it will become more difficult for me. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, hntnhole said:

LOL .... the only difference is there's a diphthong involved .... that was a delicious play 😄

Oh - one could (and probably has) do a lot worse than A.M. 

I knew you would get the A.M. joke, I know you've watched his show!  It has crossed my mind just what it would be like to......you know.  There is no disgrace in getting him naked, I would be posting it everywhere unless he made me sign an NDA.

• Haha 1

• Moderators

Well, I'm not into politics. I certainly take part in them, and have opinions about them, but it's a tedious chore, rendered necessary chiefly by those who are into politics, because they like bossing people around, or for other reasons that I find step on the toes of me and those I care about, or that do harm disproportionate to their intended good (presuming charitably that people are not actively intending to do evil).

Regardless of that, it does seem an inappropriate topic for a hookup site. Possibly even for a dating site, though that's arguable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/17/2024 at 3:16 PM, ellentonboy said:

I knew you would get the A.M. joke

Guilty as charged !! 

To the rest, I'd love to rut in his Hole while he ruts in yours ... and you may have noticed that he doesn't wear a gold ring on his finger either.  There must be some reason he's divorced.  I must have been doing some guy in the corner when they handed out the "gaydar" - I have almost none - but I know what I like.

And, don't forget the ex-wrestler who is an occasional guest on the preceding (week days) show .... grrrrrrrrr ... 

1 hour ago, hntnhole said:

Guilty as charged !! 

To the rest, I'd love to rut in his Hole while he ruts in yours ... and you may have noticed that he doesn't wear a gold ring on his finger either.  There must be some reason he's divorced.  I must have been doing some guy in the corner when they handed out the "gaydar" - I have almost none - but I know what I like.

And, don't forget the ex-wrestler who is an occasional guest on the preceding (week days) show .... grrrrrrrrr ... 

He has an interesting  personal background, and outside interests.  He had the one brief marriage, and then he was involved with another woman for about a year.  It's odd, but I guess not that uncommon.  He does have quite a bit of interest in rap music and even tries to blend it into his show, which I imagine must gets some "eye rolls" at MSNBC.  But he is an interesting journalist, and with all this coverage on Trump this week he'e a bit of fresh air, as you don't know who he is going to have on a as a "special guest".  Some of them have a very DISTANT if any relation to law, but I watch just to see him smile.  I look at some of these journalists and reporters, that Jeremy Diamond is gorgeous, even though I have read he doesn't like all the speculation regarding his sexuality.  I do watch a lot of news, most slanted to the left, but I guess you figured as much.

Agreed.  I don't necessarily care for all the references to the latest pop star, all of that, but it's worth putting up with to watch the rest.  And, I'm familiar enough with guys that don't look like me to know that his ass is covered with coarse, black hair, and would be as tasty as any.  I do enjoy most of the guests though, however once his show is over, I turn on Netflix, or just turn the tv off.   

"Some of them have a very DISTANT (if any relation) to law ...."    I'll say - lots of the stuff about the latest pop star doesn't interest me at all, but he does, which makes him flash those pearlies.  I don't really care for The Woman In Black though - constant, incessant self-promotion tends to turn me off.