Why The Gay Community Should Support Ron Paul

toxiclover

Sorry, but to pick Obama based on a pro-gay record is to have no basis at all. He did not end DADT, but merely refused to fight the policy after federal courts ruled it unconstitutional. His position on gay marriage has been inconsistent and lip service at best. Any support of the gay communities is based on symbolic gestures and a complete lack of substance. I do see your issues with Ron Paul, though he would only be a "federalist" in South American parlance, which has little in common with the early Federalist party in the United States.

I disagree we should vote for a Republican or a Democrat based on their probability of winning. Such mindsets perpetuate the two party system, and remove the ability of the people to enact change. In Minnesota, I have seen the ability people have to enact change when Jesse Ventura was elected governor. This is also a reason ranked voting is needed everywhere like the cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul currently use.

• 3 years later...
  • Moderators

you are crazy not to support Hillary she can win and will guard our rights

Buddy, you are responding to a thread from 2012 during the previous Presidential Campaign in the USA