Sign in to follow this  
JakeTurner

LGBT March On Washington – June 11, 2017

For those of you who might not know, there will be an LGBT march on Washington Sunday June 11, 2017 (The National Pride March) – the day after the DC gay pride parade. For those of you who are coming in from out-of-town, maybe we can stay in the same hotel (and if the chemistry is right, do a little fucking). I've made reservations at the Marriott Courtyard near Union Station. It's on the Red Line, so easy to get to places like Dupont Circle, and isn't too far from the (sleazy) Glorious Health bathhouse. 

Let me know if you guys are going and wanna meet up. 

• Upvote 2

Do you think that there will be much breeding there at night in baths and hotel/bars?

Protesting Trump's decision to keep the Obama administration protections extended to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender workers?

OR

Protesting the fact that after Mike Pence signed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act and it was realized that it potentially allowed for discrimination against LGBT individuals, it was Gov. Mike Pence who called on lawmakers to pass legislation clarifying that it does not allow business owners to discriminate against LGBT individuals in providing services . After demanding that the Indiana legislature change the law and they complied with his demands, it was Mike Pence who signed the revised legislation which prohibited LGBT discrimination into law.???

I'm NOT a Trump supporter but anyone who looks at Hillary Clinton's track record will see a woman who when she held power did NOTHING to advance or protect LGBT equality -- she was a big supporter of Don't Ask, Don't Tell; a fierce advocate for the Defense of Marriage Act; staunchly against same-sex marriage; and NEVER sponsored a single piece of legislation that moved the needle towards equality. When she was IN POWER she did NOTHING, only when she held NO POWER did her EMPTY WORDS suggest that she was a champion of LGBT equality. Actions speak far louder than empty words on the campaign trail.

Additionally, in the 1990's she called African American youths "super predators" who the government needed to bring to heel.

While Trump's words may be murky about LGBT rights, the man hosted Elton John's wedding long before it same-sex marriage was cool and he rolled out the red carpet at Trump Tower for Caitlyn Jenner to use the women's bathroom. With those two actions, President Trump has done far more for LGBT people than Hillary Clinton has ever done.

Again, I'm NOT a fan of Trump.  

• Upvote 5

On 2/1/2017 at 7:15 PM, genericuser said:

Protesting Trump's decision to keep the Obama administration protections extended to lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender workers?

OR

Protesting the fact that after Mike Pence signed the Religious Freedom Restoration Act and it was realized that it potentially allowed for discrimination against LGBT individuals, it was Gov. Mike Pence who called on lawmakers to pass legislation clarifying that it does not allow business owners to discriminate against LGBT individuals in providing services . After demanding that the Indiana legislature change the law and they complied with his demands, it was Mike Pence who signed the revised legislation which prohibited LGBT discrimination into law.???

I'm NOT a Trump supporter but anyone who looks at Hillary Clinton's track record will see a woman who when she held power did NOTHING to advance or protect LGBT equality -- she was a big supporter of Don't Ask, Don't Tell; a fierce advocate for the Defense of Marriage Act; staunchly against same-sex marriage; and NEVER sponsored a single piece of legislation that moved the needle towards equality. When she was IN POWER she did NOTHING, only when she held NO POWER did her EMPTY WORDS suggest that she was a champion of LGBT equality. Actions speak far louder than empty words on the campaign trail.

Additionally, in the 1990's she called African American youths "super predators" who the government needed to bring to heel.

While Trump's words may be murky about LGBT rights, the man hosted Elton John's wedding long before it same-sex marriage was cool and he rolled out the red carpet at Trump Tower for Caitlyn Jenner to use the women's bathroom. With those two actions, President Trump has done far more for LGBT people than Hillary Clinton has ever done.

Again, I'm NOT a fan of Trump.  

Thank you for writing all that so i wouldn't have to. 

• Upvote 2

While I agree that Hillary Clinton was not a leader when it came to LGBT rights, aside from matters of marriage, she did vote for them consistently as a Senator. The examples you provided for Pence and Trump are not even positive actions, simply refusing to revoke existing protections. They haven't actually shown any leadership or put forward any positive efforts to improve the lives of LGBT people.

But, more importantly, Hillary Clinton is not the President. She's not relevant to this discussion, why the hell did you bring her up? All you've demonstrated is that Trump and Pence are not the worst case scenario for LGBT people, not that they are actually good for us. Also, Trump and Pence are not the only people with power in Washington. Congress has still yet to pass a federal anti-discrimination law, which Pence and many in the administration do not support, for example.

• Upvote 1