Did you bareback between 1985 & 1995? Tell us about it...

rawTOP

I first got fucked at the age of 14 in 1979. An sure it was bare. Nobody knew about HIV at this time. Even if I top sometimes, I always prefered to get fucked and get cum in my holes.

At the age of 15 I began to visit cruising ares and public toilets frequently, later bath houses and saunas too. I was always horny in my younger years. Later i lived in longer relatoinships for years. Safe sex has never been a topic that time. As single again continued my former sex life and do it now. My last test was years ago and it was neg. May be it is different today. I don´t know about it. I don´t worry and enjoy the life.

Guest GoodExercise

I was a dedicated barebacker throughout '85 - '95 (and beyond). It was HOT playing with guys in all stages of HIV and AIDS. So fucking HOT!

Wow- Back to the Future, part 9... I was a pig before gay men called themselves that- I knew I was gay from early on, and by 15 was getting fucked by the postmaster of my very small town and a few other guys -but not by anyone from my school or class- this was early 70's. As soon as I graduated high school, I went to NYC for college, and discovered the wide open sex available in the city back then. By 1980 I had probably gotten loads from at the very least 2500 men- out of college I moved to Missouri, and was sort of shielded from the slaughter of the early AIDS epidemic. Settled into a 19 year fairly vanilla relationship in Memphis, where I was diagnosed poz in 1987, he never was. Sex dried up before my diagnosis as we both threw ourselves into careers, and my wilder side was still there and hungry- so I often would cruise the park and get action up in the wooded areas, or later as the park became less accessible I discovered a roadside rest stop- no facilities at all- just a pulloff on either side of the highway where truckers would often pull in and rest-- used to hit it at least once or twice a week for hours --if one side was slow or had a bad troll issue, the other side was just a u turn away. By the time we split in 2000, I had been used by at least another 1500 guys-- beside the parks and rest stops, the gym was active, and I could always head out of town to Ft Lauderdale or Palm Springs for a week of vacation- his work usually kept him from joining- and I would spend the first 3 or 4 days out of town wild and releasing all the pent up sex urges I had been storing. I never saw a rubber in all those encounters, except for the very rare times my partner would fuck me--I had even purchased an assortment pack of 144 condoms for us in the early 90's-- I think when I moved, there were still 140 in the box LOL

I got fucked bareback plenty of times I used to go to the adult bookstore @ lunchtime I would go in the video booths and fuck around with anyone who showed interest when i was not getting fucked I was on my knees sucking cock. I remember the first guy who wanted to fuck me turned me around in the booth I had a button down shirt on I had to lift it over my ass to give him access he had a big cock and it hurt like hell I think it was 86 or 87. I loved feeling the cum dripping down my ass on the ride home. The next time I went to the bookstore he was leaving as I walked in and he went back in to nail me again.

Yes I fucked bareback back then too. I suppose I am lucky or just never met a highly charged guy back the. One thing I do admit to is I never bareback with a drug addict. I believe HIV is spread a lot that way of sharing needles. I could be wrong but I don't think I am

Guest manfun456

In the late 80s/early 90s, I fucked safe when sober but--ha! when was that?--I would take bareback loads any time they were offered. I was in San Francisco, and it wasn't much different than it is today. You have your mainstream 'safe' crowd, who of course are each only a shot away from wild abandon, and your 'I own up to it, I'm an indiscriminate, barebacking fuck hole' underground scene. Main difference? No internet. You had no idea, back then, whether you were alone in your perversions or if only a select few shared them. Now it's so easy to find likeminded individuals. It was fun then, but I would never trade it for now.

Yes, but it's a much more complex answer than that.

I was coing out in a mid-sized town..age 19.

San Francisco seem like Mecca...far far away and of course at that tie the only SF I knew came from the Tales of the City, the just a trilogy.

It was a time for our people when everything,n every body and every resource was devoted to HIV/AIDS.

I consider that period in US History to be our Holocaust.

It was a direct cause/need created from the refusal of government and our county to do something/anything to stop our, them men, from dying.

Of course our result was a ravaged people including: Our Lesbian Sisters, to whom many owe their lives, sudden survivors as AZT and other meds a la horrid side effects kicked in, and the class that I belonged, the walk wounded.

It felt in those years, for me, like I was invisible. I desperately wanted to belong.

Then there was the whole Safer Sex model to integrate into our daily lives. It was difficult enough to find some one who would/could explain but it felt fake patronizing, cold. It was so "j\IS", Period. (ion the early days) I cant remember one single case worker, social worker or non profit work ever asking how I was doing with all this,or how

Another important point - our men who died left a generation without fathers/mentors. For the many,many LFBTQ people who are sudden cast offs or when we arrived in Mecca - then a dynamic, political, growing community that was a force reckoned with.

2 more important factors.

I was nearly 3000 from the epicenter -SF NY. Modern day technology did not exist at that time to support remote volunteerism and even had I been able to do so, my struggle was really wit ME v THEM.

One more critical factor was that the only sex i know I had know, from the time i was ten, was sex without a condom. Suddenly telling me how to love a man at such a manner - well it did not nothing but push me away. And yes, at 20 with no mentors, elders, to help me understand or let me ask questions that I would only ask to a gay man. And when I say me, I mean the collective we of my generation that was coming and finding our own way. It os a loss that has not been repaired.

Tp be continued shortly.

During my teen years in the 1970s and early 1980s there wasn't such a concept as safe sex—all the fucking I took was raw. It was just the way it was done. It wasn't until about 1984 that I started to see urgings to rubber up. I justified not doing it by thinking I'd be safe enough, well outside any of the big cities seeing their gay populations hit hard by AIDS.

When I changed from top to bottom, I still fucked raw for a time, but I tried to be a 'good boy' from about 1987-89 before deciding that rubbers interfered with any sense of intimacy and pleasure. It was in 1989 that I decided not to wear them any more, and the act of going without rubbers became for me not just something I did, but a conscious act of choice and defiance.

It's interesting that I remember fucking raw as a choice before the vocabulary for it existed. Not until late 1991 did I ever hear anyone refer to it as barebacking. I'd been invited to join a very underground group of men on IRC who sought each other out for unprotected sex; the channel operated under a number of names for a couple of months until it settled on, and stayed on, #bareback. I don't think the men of the channel invented the term, but they were the first I know who used it, long before it ever made an appearance in any kind of mainstream forum or press.

I was 15 in 1993 which is when I first started fucking with guys. We were just dumb high school students and never used condoms with each other. I think most either didn't even think about HIV, or weren't worried since our small group of fuck buddies had never had sex with anyone else before. Now in college, there were a lot of condom only guys so I did use them sometimes if I was horny and couldn't find someone who wanted to fuck raw. It sucked since hookup sites didn't exist at the time. I guess I was lucky, never caught HIV and rarely got any STDs. And as was noted above, I never hooked up with anyone who was using drugs if there was any thought they were an IV drug user. I think not being in a huge city helped keep the condom brigades from convincing everyone to either use them or else. A lot of college guys were fucking raw then, and even more do it now.

I was haphazard about condoms until 1986 when a fuckbuddy died. I went safe then and stayed that way through diagnosis right up until the point my boyfriend was diagnosed. The attitude in London was "get diagnosed and you've got five years tops" so we thought "what the fuck? We've got nothing to lose" and the condoms stayed in the drawer. We split up in 1989 and I immediately got together with his ex. When he in turn was diagnosed, same scenario. Last one was when I was with a third guy who'd tested negative. We began a threeway with a guy who was poz. When it was all three of us we kept it safe (not much anal going on when it was all three of us), but when it was just me and the other poz guy, raw. Still with the attitude of "it's not like you can catch it twice".

Not long after that the first protease inhibitors were available and I ended up on ritonavir: the 800mg a day dose was literally chemical castration. That was my sex life over for a number of years...

During my teen years (70's and 80's), there was no such thing as safe sex - condoms were meant to keep your Girlfriend from getting pregnant - and to be sure the last time I was near pussy was when I was coming out of it and never looked back. I started getting fucked when I was 10 by guys under age of 18, then when I was 12, I got fucked by a 26 year old guy and took regular fuckings from then on - I had Visited The Adonis, Club Baths, St. Marks, Everard, East Side Club, Mans Country and even got into STUDIO 54 - all WHEN I was under 18!! The best part of NYC was that no one EVER asked for ID, and if they did, I had a fake ID making me 21 ( At 14 I looked 21 ) and even in the bars I NEVER got carded! I was in heaven getting fucked and fucked and I picked up STDS along the way, all cured with a few shots in the ass. I didn't become poz until 2004 - I think I had a great run. NEVER USED CONDOMS, Never will use them. BAREBACK FOREVER!!

I came out in the Summer of 1977.....had a brief fling with my first man who taught me the joys of versatility and since then, I've NEVER had a condom on/in me. Even after HIV/AIDS reared it's ugly head, I refused to give up being a bareback pig. To me, if it's not bareback, it's not fucking. NYC was paradise for those who declined to heed the warnings and condoms were rarely used and status rarely discussed in the baths and other sex clubs. Figured the roll of the dice would catch up with me and sure enough, on Friday August 13th, 1999, I was diagnosed POZ. I've always lived my life on my own terms and that will never change. Now, being POZ is no longer a death sentence, merely a life sentence.

Continued ....

One correction to the above...the start of the last paragraph was to supposed to say I was "...3000 miles from the epicenters - SF NY."...of the AIDS crisis that besieged our community.

The second important factor is that as a gay man coming out in a small town and isolated from the brunt of the AIDS epidemic, the question of using protection for sex or not and issue..in fact it never came up. By the time education began to spread to the rest of the country the only sex I had ever known was sex without a barrier between two men. That is really how I came to view it - that to have a barrier between myself and a man fucking me took the deepest level of intimacy away. I was not willing to give that up.

Given the same circumstances, I don't think I'd choose any differently if I had to chose again.

In the most "queer" twists of fate - a guy who chose to be HIV+ in order to belong now stands with my brothers and fights against the alarming and growing stigma against people with HIV.

Guest JizzDumpWI

I first got fucked in '77. AIDS was unknown; and guys fucking guys could not result in pregnancy; so condoms were not even thought of in the Chicago suburbs I lived in at the time. In the early '80's after AIDS epidemic started, causes were unknown; and besides AIDS happened in San Francisco and New York, not Chicago (or so we thought). So nothing changed with the guys I played with; was always bare. We didn't call it that; it's just what we did...

From '85 to '93 I was in a relationship with a guy who was so afraid of being gay that handjobs and blowjobs were all he would do. We got into a couple of 3-ways; and ultimately I would connect with those guys for a private bare fucking two-way. Once that relationship ended my connections were only bare and I avoided the "oral only" types.

From about '90 until they closed in the late 90's there used to be some bookstores along the freeway in far N. Illinois and S. Wisconsin. Those were a good source of late night fucking... Never rubbered up for those times.

I was in my early 20's and moved to Wales in the mid 80's. I was pretty inexperienced and used to fuck with a condom. Not out long and so could keep a hard dick rubbered up no problem. However couldn't take dick in a rubber at all as it was just uncomfortable. However one night was picked up by a tall older guy (tache and hairy...the 80's eh?) and he got me on my back, cushion under my arse, a few drinks in me and his raw cock went straight up. I had never felt anything like that and after about ten minutes gentle fucking blew his load.

A week later I was being shafted by a hairy skin head and sort of haven't looked back since. Had a greek mate, very, very hairy, and a complete whore. Persuaded me into a late night park fuck (he lived at home with his family) and told me to fuck him. First time I fucked bare and his loose hole was amazing, all warm and soft.

Have fucked raw more than safe since then, but usually depends on the circumstances....you might have guessed I have a bit of a weakness for hairy men ;-)