Is 49 the oldest gay men get?

neg4poztop

[laughing], yep, a lot of guys lie about their age and weight and cock size. no one likes rejection, so I guess they are trying to appeal to the masses... or at least appeal to what they think the masses want. I tell my age and my pics are accurate because I do indeed hook up and know the feeling of being lied to. i am pretty comfortable with who i am and usually get enough sex

I am 52 now, get more sex than I ever have in the past. I dont lie a about my age and so far does not really seem to be an issue, but my hair is. I am sort of going through a mid life episode, reverting back to college days, so I let it grow. Cant tell you how many guys say that the hair thing is a turn off. Really. I think as guys get older they get more conservative, more set in their ways. Long hair reminds them of the more wild times and they have grown out of that. IDK, just a thought. :)

Guest Matias47

For bottoms, absolutely.

When I top, I've never had a problem getting ass. As a bottom, the further I get from from forty, the harder it gets to find a top. And I stay in decent shape. I'm actually in a little better shape than my pics -- I gotta get a new one.

Check out the poll on this page asking tops what age bottom they prefer for an example of what I mean.

Edited by Matias47

• 11 months later...

I just say I'm over 40 and leave it at that. what is the difference in 41, 42, 46 , etc. Until you are 50 it doesn't matter. And even then, I'll still be over 40 so it won't be a lie. Numbers are hard on bottoms. Age, weight, waist size, it's like we have to be boys all our lives. I don't really care about age when it comes to hook ups, but if I go out with a 49 year old man and he turns out to be 62, I'm pissed and probably leaving. Definitely not doing a second date. And it's not the age, it's the lie.

I'm 52 and proud of my age. I never lie about it. If someone does not like me because I'm too old. Well there are other fish in the sea. I don't have an ego to hurt. If someone much younger finds me attractive as an older man, I appreciate it.

Wasn't there a thing on the gay club scene where anyone over the age of 30 was considered over the hill and effectively a pariah?

-if 50 is the new over the hill, it could almost be viewed as progress lol

It never really made sense to me - I've always preferred older guys.

But the gay scene isn't exactly friendly to anyone who's not a tiny waxed, bronzed twink with a 6 pack...

I think the community of barebackers is far more opening and welcoming to people of all backgrounds and ages than the prissie queens on the club scene anyway.

QFT!!! I agree.

I'm 59 next week. My profiles say that too. I have met a lot of guys whose profiles say they are 39 and turns out they are in their mid-50s. As has been said, it tarnishes them as liars, but in context it's forgivable I guess. I would probably get more sex if I said I was 48, but I'm not sure I would have the time or energy as I can get enough anyway! It would just make me more appealing to twinks as I'd seem closer to being a Daddy than a Granddad I guess. Whether that's good or not is open to debate... ;)