could you be versatile, or are you committed to your role?

Fickloch

What are you?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. What are you?

• Bottom
    • Totally Versatile
    • Versatile but prefer bottom
    • Versatile but prefer top

I'm interested in versatility, because I feel very on my own as a versatile guy. Most people I find are either a top as a bottom, and really dedicated to that role. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, I'm just interested in the way other people think. To me, it makes sense to be versatile---you get the best of both worlds. There's never a situation where you cannot adapt and you're never out of fun. Naturally, i'm aware that there's more asses than cocks, and sometimes if I really want to bottom its gets crowded. That's ok though, because I have regular tops who are always only a phone call away. I probably spend 60% of my time topping, but that's ok, I still get my ass fucked plenty enough. I just don't understand why many bottoms act like they don't have a cock --again, not that there's anything wrong with that.

So I'm gonna make this a poll, and see if I can get a sense of what the ratio is. I'm sure it's already been done. I'd also be interested in people saying what they are, and if/how they they can/could see them self in the other role.

• Like 1

Guest slobbvers

I'm versatile. Like you I like the best of both worlds. Why limit your pleasure. Though I've topped more than bottom. Given a chance I love to flip fuck.

I firmly believe that even guys who feel strongly drawn to just be a top or a bottom should at the very least try the other side, if only to have a better understanding of what they're doing to or for their partners.

Personally, I go through phases. Sometimes I'm a total bottom, other times I'm a total top. But that's rare. Mostly, I'm drawn to the man I'm with, and I'll either top or bottom (or both) depending on what it takes to get into his pants.

I do make an effort to top on a fairly regular basis, since bottoms are more plentiful, and I believe that if I want to get loads shot into my ass, it's best to build up some good karma and pay it forward by breeding a few bottoms myself.

Course, sometimes that backfires. I'll start out topping at a bathhouse and guys will just assume that I'm a total top. There have been times that I've ended up fucking three or four guys and never gotten fucked myself, only to find, when I mention it to someone, that he'd just figured I didn't get fucked.

And then, there's this idea out there that truck drivers tend to be tops. Some are, but a lot of us aren't, and I've met plenty who, contrary to stereotype, loved getting plowed more than just about anything.

Mostly, I'm drawn to the man I'm with, and I'll either top or bottom (or both) depending on what it takes to get into his pants.

That's exactly how I approach it. It's all about the nakedness, fucking, sex---the role is a secondary factor. Wish more people felt this way.

I'm versatile. Like you I like the best of both worlds. Why limit your pleasure. Though I've topped more than bottom. Given a chance I love to flip fuck.

Flip fucking is the best kind of sex. It's liike an all-you-can-eat buffet where you stuff your self silly.

Hehe.

Used to be completely bottom and was trained as a submissive obedient bottom. I did not like the reasons I originally started topping but now that I've topped a few times I actually really enjoy it. And lately I've been craving it. It makes me feel fucking proud too. I have a hot fucking ass that's experienced and knows how to take cock and I love getting fucked. But I also have a pretty big uncut dick that will make the butchest of men bend over or get on their knees and that's something to be proud of. When I used to cruise bookstores when I was younger I'd see all these hot fuckers and was disappointed they weren't into me. It's like MascMountainMan said. Not all the time are butch, trucker, daddy looking types tops. Sometimes men just want to suck cock or take it up the ass. And it's really cool knowing that if I find a hot daddy I wanna fuck more then likely I'll be able to get off in him a few times. At the same time if he wants to me fuck me I'll happily bend over for him. It is nice knowing I can have the best of both. And even bottoms that like it rough and like verbal. I know what it's like to have a top spit in my face, slap me around, fuck me hard, and verbally insult me. It's a hot feeling and doing that to a bottom or submissive that I find hot gets me off too. It especially does knowing it's been done to me.

I have had guys tell me though that in some ways someone my age shouldn't start topping or learning how to be dominant until they are older. And in many ways I used to believe that I should focus on my ass and giving it up to men and enjoy being and exploring my submissive side until I get older. But with being gay, leather, and bareback I experienced all of them earlier than most. So really waiting to top just because of some pre-determined insecurities is pretty stupid. I don't feel guilty anymore fucking a bottom and thinking, "I wish this a top doing it to me." Because I've already experienced it, I guess there isn't a lack of it in me like there was once. Also sometimes i just want to fucking take it from a bottom. But at times I have thought about the bottom as well. Just depends on my mood I guess.

I might take a break from bottoming for a while and focus on topping. Go to the other side for a while ;P. I might have some people I lose out on wishing I was a bottom or thinking they'd want to fuck me instead. But that's kinda hot knowing that in their mind they have a strong or deep desire that cannot be filled right now because I'm not showing or giving out to that other side. Plus like the OP said. I have tops I can call or message if I want to get fucked ;)

To be honest I am a bit jealous (!) of men who are versatile. I have tried bottoming but usually it didn't work for me. I usually felt only pressure and being "jabbed"...I have enjoyed it with certain men on a few occasions. Very few. Looking back I realise the times I enjoyed it I always knew, i.e., was acquainted with him outside of sexual activities; and trusted the top and was profoundly turned on by him.

Now as far as cocksucking goes, I like both to give head AND receive it.

For me it's simple. I used to top as well in my earlier days, but I simply cum to quickly when I top. And then I felt sorry for the bottom as i wanted the bottom to have fun and satisfaction was well. So over the years I changed into a (mostly) bottom only. In 3somes I may still slip into one of the guy's holes, but never long enough to make me cum.

Same with getting sucked by the way. Most guys get me off quickly, so I tend to hold them off.

Guest HornedBottom

I have started topping more lately there are so many bottoms in DC...I have a big cock it's nice to use it

To be honest I am a bit jealous (!) of men who are versatile. I have tried bottoming but usually it didn't work for me. I usually felt only pressure and being "jabbed"...I have enjoyed it with certain men on a few occasions. Very few. Looking back I realise the times I enjoyed it I always knew' date=' i.e., was acquainted with him outside of sexual activities; and trusted the top and was profoundly turned on by him.

Now as far as cocksucking goes, I like both to give head AND receive it.[/quote']

Hmmm, pipesmokin'manfucker, we are going to have to get know each other better, maybe go fishing, share a bottom, so forth, then discuss this :)

Other, I make it a point to be versatile with anyone I enter into a LTR with. A relationship is a two way street, and if they are trying to please me sexually, then it's the least I can do for them when they have that urge. Outside of a relationship, the guy has to really turn me on, or best me for it. Fortunately, I haven't been bested, but by one partner, so has never really been an issue. LOL. And only a handful of men have ever turned me on enough to give them my ass.

Now oral, I am definitely versatile.