NYC-based Research On Attitudes Towards PrEP

rawTOP

• Administrators

A couple weeks ago I went to Hunter College and participated in a study about PrEP (taking HIV meds while you're neg in order to stay neg). It just takes a couple hours and all they want is to understand is people's attitudes towards PrEP and what types of marketing messages communicate the facts most clearly and are the most compelling. Much of the study is done via quantitative, computer-based surveys, but at the end you talk 1-on-1 with a researcher about what you know about PrEP and how you feel about it.

To be completely honest, I didn't love the study - it wasn't bad - it just wasn't great. So I won't say it's for everyone. But if you've got questions about PrEP I think it's a good use of your time. The study has flaws (IMHO), but it is good at explaining the fundamental facts and you can talk 1-on-1 with someone who understands PrEP really well.

If you're interested, contact the researchers...

PrEPARE NYC

212-396-6084

preparenyc@hunter.cuny.edu

http://www.cunyhart.org

When you talk to them tell them you were referred by someone and give one of the following referral numbers: 72261, 72262, 72263.

Oh yeah... They'll pay you $60 to be in the study...