"Heads"up- Glans Ring warning

AlwaysOpen

Hey guys- just thought I would share something with you all and maybe save you the same fate I had-- glans rings ( some are not much more than a 1 inch cock ring, others are metal bands; flat or flatter, and about 1/4 inch wide and are designed to snugly fit just behind the head of the cock) are getting more and more popular-

I picked up a round ring from the local leather shop- chromed ring 1inch inside diameter- fit perfectly behind the head of my cock.Easy on, easy off. During MAL ( Mid Atlantic Leather) I searched for a flat ring-but the vendors did not have any, so when I returned home I went to my local leather store and picked up one. I have been wearing it for the last couple of weeks, no issues. Today I was about to head out to the store, slipped the ring on, and headed out. I must have slipped it OVER the foreskin, not under it. About 30 minutes into shopping , I felt like my cock was pinching, so I finished up and headed home. When I took off my pants the ring had migrated down my cock and was about halfway down. Try as I might, I could not get it to move back up, and the more I worked it, the more swollen my cock got above it. I tried oil, Crisco, soap, warm water, ice baths- even tried to use a small hacksaw blade to cut thru the band- but could not--so, after trying everything, I headed off to the ER. My cock had bloated , was a light shade of purple ( but not totally cut off from circulation) and was losing feeling. The front desk girl asked why I was there, and I explained my problem. I was sent to a nurse in a small office who went thru the questions to intake me, and a doctor came in and triaged me to a room. Another doctor came in and I dropped trou and showed him the problem. He had been briefed and had a power Dremel cutter with him, and after wrestling a tongue blade under the ring and above the skin of the cock (very uncomfortable, BTW) he began cutting away at the band.The metal kept heating up, so I had a bottle of water to pour over the metal as he sawed.At one point the blade skipped and nicked my cock on the bloated side of the ring- dark spot of blood but no pain. When he finally got all the way thru, the ring was too strong to pry apart, and he had to cut 180 degrees under to get the ring off- which required the helping hands of another ER person. It did finally get cut off, and the circulation returned fairly quickly. I will be "puffy" for a day, and I will be sporting a small scratch/cut on the top of the base of my cock- all over a stupid metal glans ring that went over the skin instead of under the foreskin.

So- lesson learned- I am never going to slip anything over my cock or balls that I cannot cut off myself in an emergency. I wanted to put this out to maybe save a few of you from having the same issue- and expense.(not to mention the embarrassment of having an elephant trunk between your legs getting the once over by half the ER department. ) BTW- the staff were really reassuring and cool- seems this is fairly common, so just a heads up guys- don't get yourself in the same predicament !! ( and it has cost me 2 fuckings tonight, dammit !)

My sister-in-law used to work in ER at a major Chicago hospital and saw just about everything you can imagine. No one should hesitate seeking help when needed. I'm glad you did. I had a rubber tube get sucked into my bladder and they had to scope in to get it out. The doctor and nurses were really cool about it. In fact he told me he has a collection of stuff he has pulled out of guys bladders. Always seek help when you need it.

Glad you are okay, that is a scary story.

One time I was playing with a hollow sounding rod and after a while I took the tio off and inserted it with the thicker sine down. It went in to deep and I thought I was gonna have to go to the ER to get it out. Luckily I could feel it underneath and nudged it up and was able to get it out.

Well, as Maureen McGovern would have sung- there has to be a morning after-- the cock is sore as all hell today, and a little puffy still-- in a good way <veg> Def not going to be letting anyone play with it, but my mouth and ass are both in A One shape, so the load count must go on... As far as the ring goes, I really liked the slight weight it added, I am definitely not a show-er, but with it on I was hanging an extra couple of inches, so I still would love to find a split ring (much like the split ring collars that guys are using now on their balls - 2 hex screws hold them together and can easily be removed) Hmmm, so I have seen magnetic rings showing up for ball weights, maybe some vendor will start marketing them soon for the cock head<g> Thanks to the guys who messaged me about being glad all was well- I do appreciate the thoughts. And the hospital crew were really a lot of fun- I shucked any embarrassment after I got there and got into the process of removal- at that point I was more in the salvage and recovery mode of thinking

as embarrassing as things may seem, this also is why anyone should be honest with their doctors, hospital, nurse, etc, etc. The honestly don't care, and while they may talk later, almost no one will judge you to your face, they have seen or heard worse. In terms of doctors, its important to be honest because they may be able to catch something minor well before it becomes serious.

To the OP, sounds painful! glad you are on your way to recovery.

Let's keep the government out of sex toys. All it takes is one puritanical president, and suddenly they all become "unfit for human consumption." And unlike the tobacco industry, I doubt the sex toy industry has an effective lobby.

Or, it might end up being a case of need to get an Rx to buy a new sex toy. Wouldn't that be an entertaining conversation with the old saw bones? "Hey Doc, I need a prescription for that new 9 inch..."

Apparently when I was having a colonoscopy, as the tube went in I said the (female) doctor "You do realise that for a gay man this is foreplay?"

One time when I was at the hospital, the doctor said that he was going to insert his finger into my asshole, warning me that it might be uncomfortable. I laid there thinking how much of a breeze it was. One finger is certainly nothing.