Exactly How Much Do You Pay For Prep?

RideMyBlkDik

Guest indynudeguy

Thanks guy.  Have an appointment at the Center next week,  See if I get a prescription and then will check in the cost to fill it.  Gilead site says if your on Medicare, you are not eligible for the card.  Guess they don't think we fuck at that age.

No, that's not what it says. Read it carefully. Medicare parts A and B do not cover drugs. Part D, which is optional and costs extra, pays for drugs but not in full - there is also a deductible. You are probably eligible for the Gilead card just lke I am!

;) ;)

I have Humana, and was also offered the pharmacy mail in order where my insurance pays 75% if Prep is mailed in to me, my doctor assistant printed out my gilead card with 3,600 for the year covering the remainder of the 25% leaving me short of $900, so ill have to pay 25% two months of the year, gilead did not request any income information: so you should speak with the clinic as to having the mail in option and also the co-pay card, anyone qualifies.

Sorry just noticed your Medicare coverage, ill have to look into the options for that.

• 4 weeks later...

hey all.  my drug plan sucks and I have a 3000 limit for all drugs (not just co-pay, but the total cost for them).  Is it possible to get the gilead card and not submit it to insurance?

Gilead will pay off your deductible if you use the card at the pharmacy. It will take about two months.

Even if you have no insurance at all, a lot of counties have been offering it through their health departments.  The counties around Atlanta have been doing it for a while now, but a buddy of mine in rural GA (NOT a progressive place!) just started getting it for free from this rural county.  I do think there might've been low income requirements for the county to pick it up, but I didn't get that personal.  I'll load his ass with my seed, but not going to ask his income :)

• Upvote 1

Does the Gilead card HAVE to come through the mail?

If getting mail could be a problem for you, perhaps they can just send it to you electronically. Call them and ask.

As I recall, when I signed up online I immediately got a link to a downloadable PDF of my card that I could show to my pharmacy and then they sent a physical card by regular mail.

Information about how to apply for any of these forms of assistance can be found at www.GileadAdvancingAccess.com or by calling 1-800-226-2056 between 9:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. (Eastern). - See more at: http://gilead.com/responsibility/us-patient-access/us%20advancing%20access#sthash.F9QMArdx.dpuf

You also said Gilead won't pay for your other meds.  I don't know what meds you're talking about but according to this link http://gilead.com/responsibility/us-patient-access/us%20advancing%20access they have payment assistance programs for:

Atripla® (efavirenz/emtricitabine/tenofovir disoproxil fumarate);

Complera® (emtricitabine/rilpivirine/tenofovir disoproxil fumarate);

Descovy® (emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide );

Emtriva® (emtricitabine);

Genvoya® (elvitegravir/cobicistat/emtricitabine/tenofovir alafenamide);

Odefsey® (emtricitabine/rilpivirine/tenofovir alafenamide );

Stribild® (elvitegravir/cobicistat/emtricitabine/tenofovir disoproxil fumarate);

Truvada® (emtricitabine/tenofovir disoproxil fumarate);

Tybost® (cobicistat);

Vitekta® (elvitegravir);

Viread® (tenofovir disoproxil fumarate)

- See more at: http://gilead.com/responsibility/us-patient-access/us%20advancing%20access#sthash.F9QMArdx.dpuf

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I lost my insurance when I turned 65. Shoppers (in Vancouver) charges CD$975 for a single month supply. How's that for gouging! Instead, I am able to order online at AllDayChemists.com (for Tenvir EM) with delivery in the state of WA. The cost is US$165.33 for 3 months (US$55.00 compared to US$736.00 per month).

• 3 weeks later...