Why Do Republicans Hate Gay People?

PozSlime

3 hours ago, topblkmale said:

Seeing six year old's at draq queen shows and other adult-centered gay venues or events is WEIRD TO ME!

I kind of prefer the old days when gay bars, clubs, parties and events were attended by ADULT GAY MEN (w/penises).

I DO NOT feel comfortable in these settings where minors are present. However, I understand that feels normal to some.

These are my PERSONAL reflections and in no way intends to take away rights from any group. I support their right to assemble where and with whom they choose as well everyone's right to exist and self-identify. 

If some of these “organizers” had their way they probably try to make little boys have to visit venues and festivals like Folsom and make them watch whatever kink display is going on

3 hours ago, viking8x6 said:

It seems to me that you're taking a very narrow view of what drag queens do.

Yes, they can be part of an evening of raunchy entertainment for adults. They can put on shows in gay bars. Young kids don't belong at those sorts of things (and nearly everyone with half a brain pretty much agrees on that).

But drag queens can also do other things. They can read stories to children at libraries. They can host gay Bingo fundraisers (without suggestive content) in fire halls. They can be fabulous in Fourth of July parades.

The intention of the laws being enacted in Florida and other places is an effective ban on ALL of these things. The promoters of the laws say it is "only to protect the children", but it is patently obvious that they are flat-out lying about that.

Case in point, the county council of a county near me in WV just passed such a law about drag shows specifically. How do we know what their intent was? There was only ONE drag show regularly taking place in that county, and it did NOT feature adult content. I heard from a source I trust that in this case, the president of the county council (promoter of the legislation) also had a vendetta against the owner of the venue where the drag show was taking place.

^^^ THIS ^^^

is why we need to stand up to these kinds of things.

What age group would this be?

And would these 'stories' feature any LGBT content?

5 hours ago, Negpupboipussy said:

If some of these “organizers” had their way they probably try to make little boys have to visit venues and festivals like Folsom and make them watch whatever kink display is going on

The only people pushing to have "little boys" watch or engage in anything sexual are clergy (most of whom are very conservative) and right-wing pedophiles (ditto).

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, topblkmale said:

Age? It might be any age, because I don't think there's some magic age where kids suddenly are "old enough" to face a person in costume. If there is, we need to ban kids going to Chuck E Cheese, McDonald's, Burger King, any sort of Trick-or-Treating (groomers! groomers!), and more. Kids see a man in drag, and IF they're astute enough to realize it's a man, they understand it's a form of dress-up play, not something sexual in and of itself.

And yes, drag can be sexualized, but then so can gym workouts. So can walking down the street. So can... almost any activity in which humans engage. If you want to limit kids' exposure to sexualized behavior, that's fine, but be prepared to (A) distinguish that from drag per se, and (B) apply it evenly across the board to a huge swath of human undertakings. Because if you don't, you're just basically saying you object to drag. And not liking drag is fine, just as not liking sushi or pesto is fine; just don't try to ban drag or sushi or pesto for other people.

And how would you define "LGBT content"? Does that mean any story in which there is a gay character, or two characters of the same sex in a relationship? If so, do you also object to "heterosexual content"? In other words, are you saying Prince Charming and Cinderella are fine, but not Prince Charming and Cinderfella? There's a huge difference between acknowledging that same-sex couples exist - that's a societal reality - and going into detail what EITHER of those couples - gay or straight - do in bed. 

• Upvote 2

It’s disheartening watching so many willfully obtuse people here.  The Republicans aren’t trying to save children, or they’d be looking at food stamps, housing, and cutting child poverty.  Instead they’re looking to blame other people when their children occasionally turn out to be trans or gay.  And the gay and bi people here supporting this as some kind of “pick me” are sad.  I’d say pathetic, but more syllables.  

These discussions are as depressing as old family dinners in the 80s, 90s, 00s (when I stopped going), and family Facebook discussions in the 10s and 20s where people discuss if Latinos will ever work as hard as white people, why won’t black people let them use the n word, why are black people so violent, followed up with why are black people upset when a black person is shot by the cops for failing to signal a lane change in a white neighborhood, why don’t gay people just marry someone of the opposite sex, anyway?  Every once in a while, the right wing reminds Ben Shapiro that he’s not white, that Dave Rubin is not straight and shouldn’t have kids, that Blair White should still just stop being trans, and they just bow and scrape meekly.  And conservative gays think they’ve got a place?  After what the Texas GOP did to the LCRs, what CPAC does every year to them?

Just a bunch of sad try hards hoping to be seen as useful, but as soon as they can, the conservatives will take your jobs, home, family, and set your number for the gallows.  Or just a fun game of beat the fag with the hockey stick.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Negpupboipussy said:

No.  That’s stupid.  Republicans are trying to get people to conform to white cishet norms.  So if you want to be in with them just stop having sex with men.  It’s the only way they’ll be happy with you.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

Age? It might be any age, because I don't think there's some magic age where kids suddenly are "old enough" to face a person in costume. If there is, we need to ban kids going to Chuck E Cheese, McDonald's, Burger King, any sort of Trick-or-Treating (groomers! groomers!), and more. Kids see a man in drag, and IF they're astute enough to realize it's a man, they understand it's a form of dress-up play, not something sexual in and of itself.

And yes, drag can be sexualized, but then so can gym workouts. So can walking down the street. So can... almost any activity in which humans engage. If you want to limit kids' exposure to sexualized behavior, that's fine, but be prepared to (A) distinguish that from drag per se, and (B) apply it evenly across the board to a huge swath of human undertakings. Because if you don't, you're just basically saying you object to drag. And not liking drag is fine, just as not liking sushi or pesto is fine; just don't try to ban drag or sushi or pesto for other people.

And how would you define "LGBT content"? Does that mean any story in which there is a gay character, or two characters of the same sex in a relationship? If so, do you also object to "heterosexual content"? In other words, are you saying Prince Charming and Cinderella are fine, but not Prince Charming and Cinderfella? There's a huge difference between acknowledging that same-sex couples exist - that's a societal reality - and going into detail what EITHER of those couples - gay or straight - do in bed. 

For perspective, they’re banning the gay penguin book in red states.  There’s no sex in the gay penguin book.  The penguins are as abstractly gay as Will from Will and Grace.  If a drag queen reads the gay penguin book there’s no sex.  Shrek had more sexualized content, and no one is banning Shrek.  The one Florida teacher got in trouble for showing Strange World because teh ghey!!,!!!! There’s no sex in Strange World.  No one is banning Shrek and Donkey has sex with a Dragon with offspring.

Hi, guys, and thanks for this enriching debate,

Coming from a less bipolar society where being a citizen remains more important (and rewarding) than belonging to a community, I have a question about the strategies chosen by American decision makers of the group of interest representing us.

They have chosen to open the door to sex education for minors, which is better than ignorance, without closing the one of their sexualization, claimed by marketing strategists as a way, among others, to gather more consumers.

Such a decision, accompanied by a blackmailing criticophobia ─ "if you aren't unconditionally with us as 'progressists', you are a homophobic bigot against us" ─ links "contradictors" to "haters," which is the best incitement to civil war.

Was it impossible that more moderate adults from both sides reached a compromise preventing people who are less aware :

- of homosexuality from fighting it?

- of "non-(homo)sexuals" from imposing to them, to their incomprehension, a model extending 'sexual freedom' to minors' sexualization and drugs?

That's my humble question to all of you 🙂

Take care xxx

Marc

Edited by marcum

12 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

The only people pushing to have "little boys" watch or engage in anything sexual are clergy (most of whom are very conservative) and right-wing pedophiles (ditto).

We all know this is not true. Pedophilia has no left-right political leaning.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Negpupboipussy said:

Dafuq?  i hope your are just trolling here, dude because that is exactly the extremist rhetoric used by those trying to outlaw pretty much the entire LGBT+ community.

• Upvote 1

• Moderators
16 hours ago, topblkmale said:

Most library story hours that I've seen have been populated with kids in the 4-9 age bracket. Younger kids can't sit still well enough, and older kids already know how to read (well, some of them...).

I haven't attended drag queen story hours myself, but I expect they would emphasize age-appropriate content with a message of diversity and acceptance. Certainly, they would not have any sexual content. Sexual content of any flavor isn't appropriate for kids under 10, at least not in our society's code of ethics.

Things like this:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6950253-it-s-okay-to-be-different

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/709381.Heather_Has_Two_Mommies

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/117997.And_Tango_Makes_Three

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/791133.Daddy_s_Roommate

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/22/2023 at 11:52 PM, TotalTop said:

On this site unless you are 1,000% a loony leftist that agrees with the party line, you are in their delusional minds a Conservative/Republican

Nah, just a self-centered person. You say you aren’t “conservative” but everything you’ve said here and the catch phrases you type says you ARE.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, topblkmale said:

Who cares if they did. Let parents of children decided what their children can watch and listen to. Conservatives — yes you are one — seem to believe they have the implicit right to tell people what they can and cannot do with their own lives and families, as long as nobody tells THEM what to do.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cumfilledbottomboi said:

Who cares if they did. Let parents of children decided what their children can watch and listen to. Conservatives — yes you are one — seem to believe they have the implicit right to tell people what they can and cannot do with their own lives and families, as long as nobody tells THEM what to do.

I concur 100% 👍

Parents of children can decide what their children can and CANNOT watch or listen to.

We can agree to NOT force our values on others. Can we not?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

so my 2cents - and to get this back to the topic question -

no - it's not republicans who hate LGBTQ+ people ..
no - it's not democrats who hate LGBTQ+ people ..
the hate is coming from BOTH sides and everywhere in-between ..  
it's not a political thing - it's an individual people thing!  
this country loves to pin hate/crime/bad things on one of the political parties - but there's enough blame to go around to everyone .. and until everyone stops blaming "the other side" nothing is ever going to get settled/solved/fixed!

Edited by pupHawaii
  • Upvote 2