Have you ever been Catfished?

daddyboyleo

I recently started watching MTV's Catfish and binged several episodes.

I'm intrigued why anyone would engage with someone on-line for months without speaking on the phone or meeting up.

I personally don't take guys on-line profiles literally. I figure most guys exaggerate in one way or another, their age, their weight or cock size.

As long as the pics are actually them, I'm usually OK with some exaggeration.

I did meet a guy once, on BBRT, who had professional quality pictures of himself when he was slimmer.

When he arrived he was much heavier, I was surprised  but not so much that it was a turn off. Turned out to be good sex. But I felt that he was false advertising.

HAVE YOU EVER BEEN CATFISHED?

Did he show up and look nothing like his pic?

What did you do?

• 2 years later...
Guest FinalDL2021

I was catfished twice, yet the one that really bothered me, was a guy that had this great looking photo of himself, and a nice sounding profile; his photo made him out to look like a model. When we met, he was very overweight, and I found out that nice head of blond hair was an obvious toupee, and a bad one at that.  Luckily I had downed a half pint of  Jägermeister, on the BART ride out to see, him so the disappointment did not really show on my face. I convinced him that it would be a good idea to go out to dinner and get to know each other a bit more in person; I told him I had to go to the bathroom, then ditched out the back door of the restaurant through the kitchen, hopped back on BART and went home.

I was once, he used pictures that didn't look like him and presented himself as being far more in shape, hung, etc. than reality.

He started a shuck and jive when we got face to face and I just grabbed his crotch and got on my knees. I really didn't care how he looked, I just wanted an anonymous load that night.

• Like 1

Yeah once, they were of him BUT were like 6 - 8 years old - he still looked similar but hadn't aged so well. It annoyed me and we still went in for coffee but it ruined the experience. A big thing I notice now is not so much blatant catfish but more massive manipulation of photos - certain angles to clearly hide baldness or those filters that give them perfect skin or teeth. 

Why bother when you are going to meet IRL and look like a clown?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Happened to me one time.  The guy was waiting for me in the parking lot, but I did not recognize him because the pics shared were so different.  I did a friendly nod and then began looking for the apartment I was to meet at.  Parking lot guy said something indicating he was the one I was looking for.  I just said “I don’t think so” and got in the car and left.  He was asking me to change my mind, but this guy wasn’t even close to the pics presented.  Kinda sad really, because he was fuckable, but not after misleading me.

On 11/8/2019 at 6:27 AM, parvenu said:

Why bother when you are going to meet IRL and look like a clown?

Exactly! I get not being happy with your looks - I’ve turned myself into a girl - but if you’re going to meet IRL there’s no place to hide. Might as well get it out in the open. 

I have a large scar on my abdomen that I’m not happy is there, but I can’t do anything about it. It’s part of me. And when you fuck me, chances are good that you’re going to see my scars. 

I just hope that my big fat bouncy tits are distracting enough. 😈💦😂

- Di ❤️

Edited by Qdxxx
Oops… typos. 🤭

I don't ask for face pics when I hookup with someone on grindr but I expect them to at least be what they represent themselves as in their profile. If you have 5 inches or less, just be honest. I promise I won't dip out on you over it.

I've had a few people turn out to be way different than their profiles stated. One guy even lied about his penis size by saying it was smaller than it actually was! He said most people would ghost him over it, which was crazy because it was a nice dick and not even 8 inches long. I was happy to ride it for the 45 seconds it took him to shoot his load.

The worst time I was catfished (at least I think I was catfished) was when I drove all the way to Norfolk, VA from my house to suck a dick. As soon as I pulled into the parking lot of the Lowes, his profile disappeared and I was pissed. I mean, why even bother setting up a hookup and then ghosting? My guess was that he wasn't what he said he was and got nervous so he ghosted me last minute.

• Like 1

When i first divorced (from marriage to a woman), i had a lot of dates with guys met online. Almost, to a person, each misrepresented himself about age/appearance. It almost became comical it was so usual. In my prior life, all i'd had was anonymous hook up sex, so i was looking for connection and relationship and being lied to from the start made that pretty challenging. 

I hit it off with one guy in particular when we were writing back and forth. i love the written word and he was great at expressing himself in writing. He was an actor so his pics were professionally taken and from and age where he weighed much less. i found him gorgeous, but when he opened his door when we met, he was so different from his pics that i found myself searching for any resemblance at all. He knew, but kept up the charade. i'd traveled a long way to meet him, he'd made dinner and had gotten tickets to a play for us. He was really sweet in one sense, but i just could not get past his blatant lying. i spent the night... in his guest room, it was awkward as hell. We went to a yoga class we'd planned on the next morning, and we parted after the class. 

When i returned home, he sent me a followup email asking for honest feed back. I was very diplomatic about telling him how his pics needed updating. He took me apart, limb by limb, in his reply. He was so venomous, he really hurt me... turns out he didn't really want honest feedback.  About 8 months later, he sent me another email sort of apologizing and thanking me for my honesty, admitting that what i had written was true and thanking me for my honesty. He told me he'd been to the gym and had lost weight, etc.. But he had been so cruel and mean in his prior emails, trying to even the turf while in denial.  When we  had practiced yoga together before i left and i was pretty skinny and he said i was "emaciated" in his email where he asked me for honesty (among other things lol) in his attempt to compensate for his misrepresentation.  He ended up showing a side of himself he couldn't really erase. i actually liked him, but even with the apology he was still exercising denial. i could have forgiven him his vitriol, but he glazed over it as if it hadn't happened.  

Haven't done much online dating since him, my online experiences with actually trying to meet someone for relationship have been dismal. 

• Like 1

I've had a few instances where guys showed up looking nothing like their pics. A small few I sent away saying that they didn't match their pics because there was a huge discrepancy and maybe they looked like their pic 20 years ago or in another universe. I sent away a few that looked like they were strung out on drugs too.

The ones that did sorta look like their pics but maybe had a few extra pounds or a few years on them I went ahead and had sex with, as that doesn't bother me so much. What does bother me is a guy who cannot get hard and/or can't keep it hard. I've had to send a few of those away as well because they serve no purpose for me whatsoever. And I've asked and had people lie to me about it, which is even more annoying.

Indeed I have, back when I cared enough to use Grindr. The funny thing was, the pics they used were from a guy I had hooked up with multiple times in the past and whose photos I already had. I knew it wasn't the same person as they acted as though we'd never spoken before.

I ended up contacting the actual person the photos belonged to outside of Grindr and let him know about the situation.

5 hours ago, doctordoctor said:

Happened to me one time.  The guy was waiting for me in the parking lot, but I did not recognize him because the pics shared were so different.  I did a friendly nod and then began looking for the apartment I was to meet at.  Parking lot guy said something indicating he was the one I was looking for.  I just said “I don’t think so” and got in the car and left.  He was asking me to change my mind, but this guy wasn’t even close to the pics presented.  Kinda sad really, because he was fuckable, but not after misleading me.

I never understood that myself?  Why the heck take a chance that someone will completely be offended or at the least highly annoyed at the deception and then just want to fuck with enthusiasm after that?  Just be up front and honest about yourself and your pics and it will either work out or not but at least no one was deceived.

There was this guy who didn't admit being a thalidomide victim - or some very similar looking disability.  I actually thought fair enough. If he'd sent an accurate photo, I wouldn't have agreed to meet.  As it was, I sucked him off.

At the other end of the scale , I also once met this really hot guy who deliberately used unflattering pictures.  Apparently, he was terrified of seeing disappointment in people's faces when they met.  I have to say I can understand the first guy much more than the second.  I wouldn't mind if they burst into tears when they saw me - as long as they recovered sufficiently to pull their cock out and fuck me.  That said, it's easiest to be yourself - not least because they are the best judge of what they find hot.  There was this top who always used to get so turned on by the whiteness of my bottom and would say so; while I'd have felt so much sexier if he'd lied and said it was a bit tanned. If i'd fiddled with the white balance in Photoshop to make myself look what I thought was pleasingly orange, I could have done myself out of a fuck altogether.

20 years ago i had loads of nice pics of myself online in my profiles 

Within one year i had thousands of profiles worldwide and are still be used in  new profiles 

Still with the videos find them everywhere on almost every sex site 

Its impossible to get them removed and think over a hundred years  they at profiles of people as being them