If it was up to you to set a new age of consent, what would the age be and why?

rawTOP

What age of consent would you choose?  

1,744 members have voted

1. 1. What age of consent would you choose?

• No age of consent - just stiffen penalties for rape if victim is under 18
    • Keep it at 18

I say keep it at 18. Funny though. As a 14 or 15 year old I was lusting after and having sex with 30 year old men and saw nothing wrong with it. As a mature adult, I don't want 'em younger than 30.....no judgement on those men that do like them young, lol. I like men that know what to do, I don't want to train 'em!

The main problem is the power dynamic imbalance that comes with a large age gap. A 14 year old boy is far more susceptible to the influence of a 24 year old guy than a 24 year old is to a 34 year old, so I think consent laws should be based on age gaps not a set age. I think back to high school and the power difference between a freshman and a senior (only 3 or 4 years) at that point is substantial but the difference between 30 and 40 in negligible. But if we had to set an across the board age I say 16, if the law says you are old enough to operate a potentially lethal machine then you are old enough to make the decision wether or not to fuck. But then again I know guys in their 20's who probably still aren't mature enough to make that decision.

I was fully aware and ready for sex at age 13, and thats when I began having sex with not only people my own age, but older as well. I have no regrets. I do think tho that about 13 or 14 is a good age for consent. Times have changed, and our laws and regulations need to change accordingly.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Any age is fine. Children can enjoy a loving sexual experience just as much (maybe more) than adults. I'm not talking about banging a 2 year old. Small children can enjoy rubbing and touching. Sex is beautiful. it should be a topic that we are open with publicly and information should flow freely to children so they know that their desires are not sick or disgusting. Rapers, people who use coercion, and people who want to degrade or hurt innocents should be punished,but I know/knew many many boys who would have loved to have a sexual experience with me. I also know that I was close to their parents and that if we were all open about it they could help make the decision if the child was ready for something loving and honest. Teens could use the advise of their parents in a society that is sex positive. too. Broad sweeping laws that set an age of consent for something that is emotional are ridiculous. Individuals are ready for varying degrees of sexuality at different ages.

I was under 12 when i experienced my first sexual act with another older and man it was amazing not abuse or forced ... i dont think all ynger or even teens are ready but some are and i say enjoy your body as u see fit .... what is wrong with feeling good ... as long as no force or abuse is involved ... it is how i experienced it

• Upvote 1

started pretty early myself, (sucked my first dick at 11, got fucked at 12) and frankly I was so ready for it - I always knew I wired for sex, and lucky i had some guys willing to mentor me into a slut. Like you bud I spent a lotof time in parks/restops and loved it.

Here in NYC it's 17. I think that's fine. Nothing younger than 16. Sure, I've found some teens attractive(Tried the taboo talk the other day. I just can't/don't find anyone younger than 16-18 attractive). Idk there's just so many things to take into consideration.

Edited by nyfreak