If it was up to you to set a new age of consent, what would the age be and why?

rawTOP

What age of consent would you choose?  

1,743 members have voted

1. 1. What age of consent would you choose?

• No age of consent - just stiffen penalties for rape if victim is under 18
    • Keep it at 18

• Administrators

Different guys are "ready" for sex with adults at different ages. The laws are imperfect because they need to set a single age for everyone. Plus, the common age of 18 was set decades ago before youth became so sexualized and sexually aware.

So what age would you set and why would you choose the age of consent? Or would you get rid of the age of consent completely and maybe just stiffen penalties for rape when the victim is young. But isn't there some age that's always too young? Personally I don't know - all I know is the current system doesn't work very well.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i think consent laws should protect children until they are mature enough - physically and emotionally - to understand and fully consent to sexual activity. the average teenaged male's frontal lobe isn't mature enough at 13 to understand the what's involved in sex.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Administrators
I said 18. The key word was sex with adults. Kids experiment with one another all the time and that's fine if they have sex with each other during the early teen-age years but wait until 18 before dabbing with adults.

The issue is that some people are into "daddies" from an early age. You're asking some of them to wait a long time to even begin experimentation... It's a tricky thing though...

• Upvote 1

I live in Germany, 16 is the age of consent here and it seems ok to me.

When I myself was 16 I wasn't ready for it but times have changed, that was 1980.

I met a 16 yo guy when I was 29. He was the one to urge us to have sex. It turned out I was his first partner and we still meet for a fuck from time to time.

• Upvote 3

Well, I was cruising for sex when I was 14 years old on the internet, and it was hard to get anyone to bite, considering my age. Some did, thank goodness. 13 or 14 sounds reasonable from my own experiences, but thinking about kids that age makes me feel lecherous and isn't really my thing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I would say the age of consent should be about 15/16. The reason why is that many young people today know about sex, and still many more tend to actively seek for it, some experimenting with friends and other seeking more older companionship. That and a few of the laws are too strick often punishing the very people that it is trying to protect. There have been a few articles where a 17 yo was dating a 15 yo, they had sex and now the 17 yo is in trouble all cause the other was 15 and under the age of consent, but both consented and agreed. Lower the age of consent, yes, but make sure that those that young know and understand the consequences of their actions.

For my own self, I was 15 and started to jack off, and 16 is when I first actively sought out an older man for sex, and have not regretted it ever since.

Definitely 16.

If the equipment is ready,and the hormones are flowing, I'd say let's get it go'in. Getting young guys experienced and comfortable with sex earlier,will benefit them when they reach 18. Hopefully by then,at 18 when the hormones are really! raging,they'll be comfortable having sex(hopefully bareback) as much as possible and with as many men as possible. And isn't that the goal?

• Upvote 2

The issue is that some people are into "daddies" from an early age. You're asking some of them to wait a long time to even begin experimentation... It's a tricky thing though...

Good point. From a political perspective this issue is hot potatoes. If this issue ever came up for debate I shutter to think what type of comments might be heard. In this climate might even more strigent laws be enacted to "safe-guard our children".