YOU CAN NOW DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT

rawTOP

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2018 at 10:25 AM, rawTOP said:

The EU has passed a law called GDPR which is forcing me to allow account deletions (click here for a very detailed explanation of the law). The law goes into effect in a bit over a month. The software that runs this site makes it cumbersome to do account deletions, which is one of several reasons why I haven't been willing to do them in the past. But I've found an add-on utility that makes the process somewhat easier.

To delete your account do the following:

1. Login
  2. Click on your user name in the upper left corner under the logo, then choose "Account Settings" from the drop down.
  3. Choose "Delete My Account" in the sidebar on the left side of the page.
  4. Fill out the form for why you want to delete your account and click "Save".
  5. Wait a few days for a moderator to do the deletion.

But before you delete your account realize what it does and what it doesn't do…

• Deleting your account will get rid of your profile page.
  • Deleting your account deletes the data we have on you (email address, IP addresses, etc.)
  • Deleting your account will stop all emails from Breeding Zone (though you can do that already in Account Settings).
  • Deleting your account does NOT delete your forum posts.
  • Deleting your account does NOT delete images you post to the gallery section or images you post in threads. If we notice that you have gallery images we'll delete them, but don't count on it.
  • Deleting your account probably will NOT delete your blog posts (I'm waiting for a test case).
  • Deleting your account does NOT get rid of references to your profile name. In fact quite the opposite – it makes those references so difficult to remove that we will ignore any request to remove them. Changing your profile name is the best way to get rid of references to your profile name.
  • After you delete your account there's basically no way for you to prove authorship of anything that's left on the site. Hence we will ignore any requests to delete or modify posts unless they contain identifiable information, and in that case we will only edit out the identifiable information.

I'll update this with more details once I do a few deletions and understand the process more completely.

Wait a few days to get account deleted!  It’s been over a month and still not deleted.  Apparently everyone is on vacation.

5 hours ago, Bigbbbttm said:

Wait a few days to get account deleted!  It’s been over a month and still not deleted.  Apparently everyone is on vacation.

If you'd read any other parts of this section, you'd know that (a) only RawTop, as the site administrator, can actually delete the account. You'd know that he normally doesn't delete them immediately any longer (the post you're quoting from is more than five years old) because so many people "change their minds" and want back in. You'd know that he's determined that legally, he has up to 90 days to carry out the deletion request, and he ordinarily does that in stages. That makes the poster less visible (deleted profile, for instance) but doesn't remove the ability to log in - so the inevitable change of heart folks can log in and request he cancel the removal request.

Most of all, if you'd read any of the rest of this support section, you'd know RawTop is recovering from a stroke and yes, things are taking longer than they might otherwise. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

I would really appreciate it if you can delete these old accounts please:

1.Poz4neg 

2.nongaygiftseeker 

3.negbb4poztoploveandI

The first one concerns me in the main because it is in the top five of searches on Google.

Thank you in advance .

keith

• Moderators
10 hours ago, keith55 said:

Hello.

I would really appreciate it if you can delete these old accounts please...

You will have to request that directly from @rawTOP. I expect he will require you to demonstrate in some way that you are the account owner for them. Also, if there's no reason for deleting them other than the (already) public posts made from those accounts, I expect the request to go over with a resounding "thud". I encourage you to read the first bit of this topic to understand what deleting them will and won't do before you try to get that done. It's likely not what you think.

Guest No delete after mo

I've been trying to delete my account for months.  I've done everything including being rude to them.  The moderators of this site either don't have the ability or will to delete American accounts.  They will give every excuse and ask for your patience and compliance.  Your account will not be deleted.  My belief is that the owners and pervayors of the site make money off us is some way.  It's the economic engine that drives.  These monorators are simple workers at best.  They have no power or control.  Stop posting and responding; it's your attention they need

• Moderators
On 8/26/2023 at 12:26 AM, Guest No delete after mo said:

The moderators of this site either don't have the ability or will to delete American accounts. 

They will give every excuse and ask for your patience and compliance.  Your account will not be deleted. 

My belief is that the owners and pervayors of the site make money off us is some way.  I

Stop posting and responding; it's your attention they need

The moderators of this site don't have the ability to delete any accounts. As explained many many times earlier in this topic, only the site Admin can do that.

Given that we cannot help you directly, of course we will ask for your patience. What else can we do?

The site admin makes a small amount of money from the advertising on the site. No one benefits from your presence or your content in any way other than that. This is explained in the right sidebar on the main page.

Actually, we don't need or want your attention. Please do stop posting and responding if you don't want to be here. It's a colossal waste of our time and energy.

<<<abusive comments redacted>>>

• 1 month later...

It seems that i have asked to be removed because i get this message:

The requested resource is no longer available on this server and there is no forwarding address. Please remove all references to this resource.

please undo this request, i don’t want to leave

• Moderators
19 hours ago, drpdre said:

It seems that i have asked to be removed because i get this message:

The requested resource is no longer available on this server and there is no forwarding address. Please remove all references to this resource.

please undo this request, i don’t want to leave

You should private message @rawTOP about that.

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, Negpupboipussy said:

I don’t remember requesting to delete my account but when I try to click on my profile I get a white screen with resource not available on it

Chances are you did request it at some point. I would suggest writing to the staff asking that the removal be canceled. 

• rawTOP locked this topic