"Leaving Neverland"

Cuntboyfur

Did anyone think MJ was innocent?

It was very obvious from the start that he wanted more (and was getting it)than friendship from those boys.  

What do you think?

Moderator's Note: There were two threads on this topic that were merged. The first page has some rehashing on it for that reason.]

Edited by drscorpio
Added an explanation

It’s very likely he was the only one NOT molesting them. His “type” seemed to be the Hollywood kids that others only wanted for perverse acts. Maybe MJ was the only one they knew that really cared about them. 

His video “they don’t care about you” is an absolute classic, and so true. 

6 minutes ago, Pozlover1 said:

It’s very likely he was the only one NOT molesting them. His “type” seemed to be the Hollywood kids that others only wanted for perverse acts. Maybe MJ was the only one they knew that really cared about them. 

His video “they don’t care about you” is an absolute classic, and so true. 

Yes I believe he may have been misunderstood. He was famous and rich so no matter how many men were using these boys they went after the one that could benifit them financially.

I think the only innocent ones were the kids who were put into a situation they didn’t ask for and were too young to understand.  Otherwise I’m not sure who was more to blame, the incredibly talented pop star with unlimited resources and serious personal issues who liked young boys or the parents who pimped their sons out to him for money and material benefits.  Either way the end result was the same.

Edited by Qban
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Qban said:

I think the only innocent ones were the kids who were put into a situation they didn’t ask for and were too young to understand.  Otherwise I’m not sure who was more to blame, the incredibly talented pop star with unlimited resources and serious personal issues who liked young boys or the parents who pimped their sons out to him for money and material benefits.  Either way the end result was the same.

Not too get TOO political I hope. Our media is always on the wrong side and never ever tells the truth. Since they “know the names” in Hollywood (and government) why would they make it look like MJ was the only one doing it....I stand by the theory he was the only one NOT doing it.

No one said Jackson was the only one doing it. Only that he was the most famous person in the world, and everyone watched while he had HIGHLY inappropriate relationships with children. HIGHLY INAPPROPRIATE.  

7 hours ago, Cuntboyfur said:

Did anyone think MJ was innocent?

It was very obvious from the start that he wanted more (and was getting it)than friendship from those boys.  

What do you think?

I’m not sure what you mean.  More selective, how?  Not be with boys at all? or do you mean the boys he picked we’re not pretty enough (or desirable in some other way)? 

• Moderators

Michael Jackson had a fucked up life with no real childhood of his own. I think a lot of people wanted to believe that he was just trying to have that once he was rich enough to have whatever he wanted. But I refuse to believe there weren’t people around him who knew and saw what was going on, and they should have done something. 

• Upvote 1

• Moderators

Moderator’s Note: Please do not try to justify that having sex with underage boys is not or should not be a crime. I hate that I have to explicitly state this, but I have already had to penalize people for doing so. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My view is Michael Jackson as followed the story not learn or listen in 1993 to not have kids around. Then have trial as remember charged in 2003 and acquitted 2005. 

My view was could have had ranch and fun but not have kids around where Michael Jackson behavior leaves wondering what did or not do.

Michael Jackson could have donated money to charities to help children but stay away from the kids. My personal view is he opened himself up for being accused of what documentary film "Leaving Neverland" . 

A story that would follow that hopefully can reveal evidence saying Michael Jackson did or not do. As Michael Jackson passed away remember in 2009 as wonder reason to bring up again all this. Does in my mind wonder about print public relations publicist how much knew and spin image a certain way when if they knew something should have called the police or social services.

I remember I think of Michael Jackson trial a program on MTV or Vh1 music channel about how he was a Jehovah's Witnesses. If is true, that Michael Jackson could possibly been abused sexually by a member of Jehovah's witnesses. I saw last summer a court ruling that Jehovah's Witnesses had to pay for a elder abusing sexually teen girls. I think about how a Jehovah's witnesses sadly abuse is first abuse their position. Then scare the child with end of the world. Sadly religion been used to abuse others for one that is in charge to abuse others. 

However, again investigation to find the truth. If Michael Jackson was sexually abused that may have later in life a cause if he abused others. However, some abused not repeat what happened to them. 

The last thought is parents or guardians and need to be on watch for things out of the ordinary. To not let child hang out with a adult like Michael Jackson alone. Certainly to not let a child stay in same room with adult. 

The documentary can get people talking and maybe have parents think of who let children visit with. For example not leave a child alone with an adult and listen to instinct if something not seem right.

i watched the documentary "Leaving Neverland"  on HBO a few days ago, thought i'd start a thread.  Like most, i watched the news when Michael Jackson was still alive, knew of the accusations against him re having sex with young boys. He obviously had the money and managed to win in court.  This documentary pretty much removed any doubts i had about it, i thought it was really well done. 

Besides the obvious, something that i found striking was how the two guys that were interviewed for the documentary are both straight.  i grew up in a religious culture that tried to say gay attraction is a result of stuff like this. Though i long ago learned that being attracted to the same sex is pretty much intrinsic, it was still fascinating to watch. Both of the guys were clearly taken advantage of and abused by MJ and are still affected today.  

Have you seen it? What did you think and feel from watching it?

I watched it was well. I also believe the two now men. I think what resinated with me the most was how the boys whole family were groomed by MJ. I was in the same situation growing up and like the boys I didn’t realize until I was much older what it was. I believed it was love too. The only difference is that I am gay and I knew from an early age. I also know now that liking it and being part of the relationship is common with the victims. I didn’t suffer the trauma the the two men have but maybe it’s because I am gay and I was ok with it? Not really sure. I do think it has effected my relationships throughout my life. It may also have been the reason I chased hiv. Because I subconsciously knew that once I was poz I would not be in a relationship with him anymore. I do think this documentary is a must see for everyone.

• Like 1

It was heartbreaking when they were replaced by other boys.  It was haunting to see the look on James face during the interview with Oprah.  He looked like he was in shock the entire time.  

i found it interesting that they were completely in love with Michael.  They were very much in an adult like relationship with him (they were lovers).  The first boy (James) went as far as having a wedding ceremony with MJ.  They didn’t think of the sex as abuse only that losing MJ’s complete attention was what broke their hearts.  

These were heterosexual boys who were completely engulfed in a full blown sexual relationship with a man.  It just goes to show that sexuality is fluid and we as humans put labels and restrictions on our behaviors.  When in reality it is not that black and white.  

Moderators:

I am not condoning the sexual abuse here. I am not suggesting that the sex was anything other than illegal and wrong.  

My comments are based on the documentary.  Observations I make are directly linked to what was said by the victims (how they said they felt and reacted).  

In the end these boys (now men) had their lives in ruins because of the relationship they had with MJ.  Even though at the time they did not understand the sex as something wrong or bad it turned out that an adult relationship is too much for children to be engaged in with an adult and is ultimately harmful.  

• Upvote 1

I agree with what you are both saying. It is horrible that they went through this. I tried to relate it to my own experience and what see to be really eye opening is how the seduction went. He seduced the whole family. It was not about sex it was about the seduction and how he could manipulate the entire family. I see how that same manipulation was with my family. The other thing I found worth mentioning is that because the sex and affection or attention feels so good most people don’t even know it’s happening to them. Oprah was correct in pointing that out. People think that this type of abuse cannot happen because the person that does it is mean or bad. Well they are but most don’t know it because of the abuser is any good no one catches it. In this case even the parents of those kids.

• Upvote 1