Such thing as cross infection??

FagBttm

Is there such a thing as cross infection? I have been POZ for a year and prior to converting.. I was never a whore, slut, cock craving faggot... since converting I find myself wanting to take as much cock as possible and while I dont bareback out of fear of developing drug resistance I can't help to think that there is no such thing as cross infection and believe it's something the CDC is trying to make newly poz believe so it at least creates some fear and it will prevent SOME newly poz from barebacking....

I stated I find myself wanting to take as much cock as possible but the truth is WELL i do... I go to the BH walk around, find a big cock and spread my legs like a total fucking whore and invite the guy to pound me, to rape my hole, to use me and tear me up, to push my limits, try and fist me, spit on my face, down my throat, gag me and choke me, slap me, whore me out to other tops, NOT Whore me out and treat me as personal property... whatever the top wants I give it to him..... I've lost counts of how many cocks I've taken down my faggot cunt or down my faggot throat since turning poz... I started keeping count when I started going to the BH because I felt proud of being a cock starving/ball worshiping fucking faggot slut but then I stopped counting as I could not keep track

Now I can't stop thinking of just swallowing as much cum as possible... having my throat fucked and it has to the point that the next day it's so sore but I dont care as it's a constant reminder that my throat was used by a man that knows I'm just a piece of meat, a hole whether it be my fag hole or fag throat that he uses to get off. I like feeling the tears rolling down my face, my nose buried in a hairy crotch inhaling the scent of a real dominant male using me to get off. I love cock and can't get enough... I want to be a complete FAGGOT HOLE!!

1) Yes, it is real and has been documented so...

2) No, it's not a conspiracy by the CDC to fuck up gay mens' sex lives or stop new infections but secretely pretending they just care about protecting others who are negative

3) It's probably rare, but no one knows for sure. It's appears to be more likely early in infection (first few years) combined with a severely compromised immune systems (i.e., heavy drug users).

4) The risk is really getting another strain which has additional drug resistances or is faster progressing compared to the one you have now.

5) Remember: some poz guys consider getting bred bb another form of bugchasing.

6) You more than likely make the risk of reinfection practically 0 if you're on meds.

From what I've read, cross-infection is one of those dirty little secrets that the CDC doesn't tell the whole story about. Yes, it is possible and has been documented, but the CDC doesn't release statistics about it. The WHO (World Health Organization), on the other hand has documented something like 39 cases of it as of a couple years ago. By now, that number might be as high as 50. (that's right, an extremely tiny number, considering the millions who have been infected over the past quarter century). As I understand it, cross-infection is most likely at the very start of infection, or at the very end when there is pretty much no immune system left.

There have been a couple studies in Europe that actually suggest poz individuals who continue to bareback actually live significantly LONGER, although they are not sure why. One possible explanation is that such individuals are simply happier and therefore either take better care of themselves or benefit from a higher quality of life. But there is also speculation that repeated exposure to the virus and its mutations helps keep the immune system 'on its toes' to combat the initial infection. Interestingly, and this is what is fueling the second theory, individuals who are exposed to multiple partners (and various mutations of the virus) live longer and healthier lives than even those who remain monogamous with a single BB partner.

All that said, there are still only two acknowledged strains of the virus. One curiosity that hasn't entirely been understood is why one strain remains common only in sub-Saharan Africa, while the other has spread to all OTHER point on the globe. With the exception of parts of southeast Asia, there are very few places where you can expect to find BOTH strains active in the population.

It's information like this that makes me often question the reports that the CDC puts out. I've had doctors that have told me to be sure I use a condom even for mutual masturbation (lest there be a tiny scratch on someone's hand), yet I later saw them peeling out of the parking lot with a cigarette in one hand, a cellphone in the other and a Big Mac on their lap as they dove recklessly into traffic. Not to turn this into a rant about the CDC, but a LOT of their studies and press releases have been coming under fire lately from the rest of the world. Their latest made headlines because they claimed one in six gay men is positive, and HALF of those don't even know it... they came up with those numbers after paying a couple hundred gay drug users in 6 major urban areas $80 a pop to have an HIV test. Not exactly a scientific poll to draw those kinds of numbers from, let alone make a huge press release about it. The CDC definitely like the scare-tactic and propaganda approach when it comes to HIV discussion.

Lastly, there IS a BIG difference between STRAINS of the virus and drug-resistant mutations of the virus. There's only two strains, but there are many mutations (at least as many as there are drug therapies). Keep in mind that most HIV meds out there target the bodies' own immune system to help it fight the infection and inhibit viral reproduction. There are a lot fewer that actually target the virus itself. The longer you are able to keep your viral load down, the less chance that it will be able to overcome the effects of meds that keep your immune system going. Talk to a doctor that understands the pharmacology side of things as well as the biological aspects. And if you're on a drug treatment right now, KEEP TAKING YOUR MEDS as instructed. (if you're not taking meds at all, get at least two opinions from physicians whether you should start a therapy or wait to start one)

1) Yes, it is real and has been documented so...

2) No, it's not a conspiracy by the CDC to fuck up gay mens' sex lives or stop new infections but secretely pretending they just care about protecting others who are negative

3) It's probably rare, but no one knows for sure. It's appears to be more likely early in infection (first few years) combined with a severely compromised immune systems (i.e., heavy drug users).

4) The risk is really getting another strain which has additional drug resistances or is faster progressing compared to the one you have now.

5) Remember: some poz guys consider getting bred bb another form of bugchasing.

6) You more than likely make the risk of reinfection practically 0 if you're on meds.

What he said, except number 6.

• 3 months later...
What he said, except number 6.

No he's right actually. If you're on meds and have an "undetectable" viral load, you are unlikely to the point of being almost impossible to pass your virus on to others... of course, if the person you're taking loads from has a high viral load of another strain, then yes... you can get that one, but they wont get yours.

If two guys, with different strains are both on meds, with undetectable viral loads bareback, the risk of either of them infecting the other is as good as makes no difference, zero.

Actually he stated that if you were on meds. If you add the "undetectable" portion with that, it greatly decreases the likelihood of infection. There is always cross-infection from different strains. The two above items also reduce the chances, but nothing does to zero.

Also, you are not using a single drug. Usually it's 3 different meds, so if you catch a strain that is resistant to one of them, the other two will kill it before it gets to infect you. If you are not under meds and barebacking, there is the chance that you catch several strains, however, having a previous infection seems to lower the risk of another one taking hold.

More likely to have an airplane crash crash into your car on the way to your hookup than to catch a second strain.

When I hear about people obsessing over the possibility of being cross-infected, I can't help but think of the idiots who moved to the other side of town because they heard most car accidents occur within five miles from home.

Actually he stated that if you were on meds. If you add the "undetectable" portion with that, it greatly decreases the likelihood of infection. There is always cross-infection from different strains. The two above items also reduce the chances, but nothing does to zero.

Correct, nothing does to zero.. but the chances of a cross infection, from a guy on meds, to a guy not on meds, are as close to zero as makes no odds.... science has proven it to be less than the risk of catching HIV through oral sex... See http://www.avert.org/oral-sex.htm for more info.

Basically... if partner A is on meds and is top, and Partner B is not, but a bottom.. the risk of transmission is so close to zero that it is unmeasurable by today's standards... the scientific community calls this NO RISK.

Also, you are not using a single drug. Usually it's 3 different meds, so if you catch a strain that is resistant to one of them, the other two will kill it before it gets to infect you. If you are not under meds and barebacking, there is the chance that you catch several strains, however, having a previous infection seems to lower the risk of another one taking hold.

Exactly what he said...

Hung, as with others, myself included has clearly educated themselves on the risks/dangers. Others who are speculating, have not.

I've taken loads from countless poz guys in more than 30 years of barebacking, and they took loads from countless more, from all over the world. I have never developed an HIV strain that is resistant to current meds.

And again, what he said... There IS a risk.. but despite all the thousands of loads i've taken, all the thousands of guy's i've spoken too online as a result of my blog... i've NEVER met someone who's picked up a resistant strain. This doesnt mean there is NO risk of it.... there is a risk, but it's FAR FAR less, than the risk of initial HIV infection.

More likely to have an airplane crash crash into your car on the way to your hookup than to catch a second strain.

When I hear about people obsessing over the possibility of being cross-infected, I can't help but think of the idiots who moved to the other side of town because they heard most car accidents occur within five miles from home.

Once, twice, three times a preacher. But yes.. Exactly what Deaner said. There IS a risk... but it's freaking so small, it's not worth worrying about.