I think I took 2 tablets by mistake

concerned1

Guest Porthos

No worries....Relax, get fucked and take your next dose tomorrow...No harm...In the meantime go the drugstore and buy a 7 day pill bottle. You can then keep track on whether you took your daily dose

1 hour ago, concerned1 said:

I couldn't remember today if I took my PrEP tablet or not, so I just took one in case I had forgotten. But maybe I did take it before - I just don't remember. If I have ended up taking 2 tablets, will this fuck up the drug's effectiveness? Is it really bad? I'm so worried now.

It might be better to "missing" an occasional  dose.  If you've been taking it regularly, a single missed dose in a month lets say will have negligible affect on effectiveness.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2019 at 6:12 PM, Pozlover1 said:

I absent mindedly took an Atripla in the morning with my vitamins. I had a hard time staying awake. 

I can't take atripla. For some reason it has the opposite effect on me and keeps me awake. Tried it for a month and was a lunatic i was so exhuasted from not sleeping.  Went back to the standard 2 pill combo of sustiva and truvada (now descovy) and slept like a baby. Supposed to be the same thing in one pill but obviously something is different about it.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, lovetobefucked said:

I can't take atripla. For some reason it has the opposite effect on me and keeps me awake. Tried it for a month and was a lunatic i was so exhuasted from not sleeping.  Went back to the standard 2 pill combo of sustiva and truvada (now descovy) and slept like a baby. Supposed to be the same thing in one pill but obviously something is different about it.

Atripla has a third medication besides the other 2.  But there are so many newer combo pills with medication that hare more effective and less side effects.  You should talk to your Dr about that

1 minute ago, fillmyholeftl said:

Atripla has a third medication besides the other 2.  But there are so many newer combo pills with medication that hare more effective and less side effects.  You should talk to your Dr about that

I really don't have any of the possible side efforts of the sustiva/descovy combo.  Guess I'm lucky in that regard.

35 minutes ago, lovetobefucked said:

I really don't have any of the possible side efforts of the sustiva/descovy combo.  Guess I'm lucky in that regard.

That's great... but I would still look into newer medications. I personally am concerned about LONG TERM side effects. Sustiva was one of the earliest medications and advances have been substantial in this regard

• Upvote 1

When I was on Sustiva  as part of a 3 pill regimen, back before the 1 pill a day era, I was weirded out by one of the side effects - whenever I would take a piss out in the yard (most notably) the piss would bubble and froth up- mentioned it to my doc and he sort of shook it off as just a side effect of the drug. But fuck, it was akin to a soap suds amachine at times when I did piss- not sure that kind of cleansing of the blood was exactly what it should have been doing. And, I have not been on the 3 pill regimen in years, and no longer have the issue of sudsy piss

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I use a pill box with days of the week marked but also use an app that gives me a daily reminder (Medicare) which you tap when you’ve taken the daily pill. Together it’s a handy combination and I don’t think I’ve missed a dose or taken a double dose over the 4 years I’ve been on PrEP.