Fake tops

coastalbender

5 hours ago, coastalbender said:

Any bottoms run into guys who start off talking the top talk, but when it comes time for the hookup, they try to talk about your cock and how much they want to "please" you?

Want to please me? Use me.

lmao, yeah, sigh.

i think some guys just haven't come to a place of owning who they are yet. Or i guess some guys change, but if they have changed, they need to be genuine. 

• Like 1

I’ve yet to run into this with a guy saying he’s top only. It does sometimes happen with Vers/Tops, but usually only after we’ve played a few times. The worst offenders of this bait in switch that I’ve found are guys saying they’re 100% Vers and Vers/bttms.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CABttm4Txc said:

The worst offenders of this bait in switch that I’ve found are guys saying they’re 100% Vers and Vers/bttms.

“100% Vers”? Someone who says he’s a total Top and a total bottom? Or very confused...

I get this from time to time, but I nip it in the bud pretty quickly by making it clear in no uncertain terms that I’m a total bottom serving Tops and I don’t offer services to other bottoms. My worst problem is guys who come in only wanting head after I’ve explained that I’m offering ass, or the occasional ones that just want to jack off onto my body and leave.

7 hours ago, ErosWired said:

The worst offenders of this bait in switch that I’ve found are guys saying they’re 100% Vers and Vers/bttms.

Moderator's Note: I am not sure what went wrong with our system. The quote above comes from CABttm4Txc not ErosWired. 

Vers shaming going on here.

This sounds to me like folks are saying versatile guys are uncertain, in transition, exploring, etc. and somehow inferior to exclusive bottoms/tops.  That's ridiculous, and slippery slope.  Are Trans people "uncertain"?  Are college boys irritating b/c they're "exploring" their sexuality??

I've had plenty of fun with other vers buddies.  I've also fucked girls in college when "exploring".  I've also fucked trans folk.  There's all kinds of things that are possible, but it's just not everyone's cup of tea.  I try to approach the situation as: if your ass is up, well I'm gonna fuck you; not flip you.  Doesn't matter if you're a "total" bottom or whatever label is applied.

Maybe you should just tell a Vers guy: "hey, I'm not going to top you. Not my thing".  Instead of shaming sexual preferences.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, chipygmalion80 said:

Vers shaming going on here.

Maybe you should just tell a Vers guy: "hey, I'm not going to top you. Not my thing".  Instead of shaming sexual preferences.

I'm not sure it's shaming so much as noting a fact: there is a pronounced tendency (not a guarantee) for men who describe themselves as "versatile" to actually mean "I want to be the bottom, but if I HAVE to top occasionally in order to get what I really want the rest of the time, I'm willing to take one for the team." That may not describe you, but it describes a large majority of the "versatile" guys I've met over the 35+ years I've been active.

Now, it's a reasonable argument to say "those aren't really versatile guys" but that's how they present themselves (especially in circumstances where "top/versatile/bottom" are the only options. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, BootmanLA said:

I'm not sure it's shaming so much as noting a fact: there is a pronounced tendency (not a guarantee) for men who describe themselves as "versatile" to actually mean "I want to be the bottom, but if I HAVE to top occasionally in order to get what I really want the rest of the time, I'm willing to take one for the team." That may not describe you, but it describes a large majority of the "versatile" guys I've met over the 35+ years I've been active.

Now, it's a reasonable argument to say "those aren't really versatile guys" but that's how they present themselves (especially in circumstances where "top/versatile/bottom" are the only options. 

Been my experience too, but i know my experience makes it annecdotal, not fact or evidence.  

i believe there is such a thing as a versatile guy, and i have no problem with that. i'm always  clear, especially to guys who say they are versatile, that i am total bottom and am only interested if they are feeling in top mode.  I actually write stuff like that, proactively, in profiles.  

The only "shame," if there is any, is if a guy purposely lies about who he is or what he needs or wants.  i hate being deceived. 

20 hours ago, BootmanLA said:

As a truly 50/50 vers guy, I sometimes get this flack from guys before I meet them.  It’s tedious and tired.  Worse, it puts forward distrust and inflexibility before we’ve even met.

Maybe I’m the rare exception of “versatile” that delivers what’s on the tin.

• Upvote 1

I have run into a few , i list myself as a versatile bottom . But in my description i indicate i am a power bottom . My hole will fuck you as hard as your cock will . I will also fuck you deep with my cock and am an experienced foster from both sides.  

C50FD93D-AB46-4E3E-BB9E-68F01DA83E39.jpeg

• 1 month later...

I've ran into it. And when we meet up and come to find out he is not a top but is a bottom looking to get fucked, I'm done and out the door. I'm not going to compromise and do something I don't like. Which tends to be a surprise to the guy, because they are typically counting on me to be horny and just go for it.

Short answer:  ALL...  THE... TIME...!!!

I find it mostly with so-called "vers tops" as someone commented above.  In that situation, I do expect a vers-top to "occasionally" want to get fucked, but when they are clearly far too cock hungry for mine (I clearly state that I'm vers-bottom), I get suspicious.  The way this transpires with me is that he will slyly mention the fact that he occasionally enjoys taking cock, but it soon turns into the only thing he wants from me.  If this is the situation, I walk away.  When I want to put my vers side to work, I mention it up front so there's no question.