"You are only allowed to send 0 messages per day"

Guest Az921

I learned from the very first day I joined that this was the rule, and it wasn't going to change.  Crying, whining, bitching is not going to change the fact that you have to be a consistent poster in order to get some kind of relief.  Continue to sign in, continue to PARTICIPATE and POST, don't just "like" a comment.

The more you actively participate, the sooner you are free to post and enjoy the forum.  I didn't like the rules at first, but once I understood it was nothing personal, everyone has to deal with the rules, I calmed down.  

Relax, post, your time will come.....just be patient.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Once again (for those who haven't read the explanations above):

Privileges on BZ come with participation. You get more privileges when your membership level goes up (that's the "title" that shows on your membership, like "Junior Member" or "New Member". That happens when your reputation score goes up (which you can see by your avatar pic in your profile). To raise your reputation score, post responses and new topics in the discussion forums. It helps if they are in some way interesting so that other people respond to them... one-word responses aren't going to do as much. The exact details of how it works are confidential - we moderators don't know them either. Fortunately, there is no need to "game the system" - if you post a reasonable amount of quality content (say a couple or three posts a week) you will advance pretty quickly (in a few months).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, viking8x6 said:

Once again (for those who haven't read the explanations above):

Privileges on BZ come with participation. You get more privileges when your membership level goes up (that's the "title" that shows on your membership, like "Junior Member" or "New Member". That happens when your reputation score goes up (which you can see by your avatar pic in your profile). To raise your reputation score, post responses and new topics in the discussion forums. It helps if they are in some way interesting so that other people respond to them... one-word responses aren't going to do as much. The exact details of how it works are confidential - we moderators don't know them either. Fortunately, there is no need to "game the system" - if you post a reasonable amount of quality content (say a couple or three posts a week) you will advance pretty quickly (in a few months).

at first, i found it frustrating, that's true. but now i see the value of it - it encourages participation and communication. and you advance pretty fast if you participate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I ma not sure if this is correct or normal, but if I remember correctly a long time ago I thought I had a message that I could only reply with a reaction to a story ( a like, pig, etc...) so many times . This didn't mean I couldn't put a comment in.

I use reactions many times when someone comments on one of my stories to acknowledge that I read their comment. Plus others stories when I don't have time to reply to it.

At the time I figured it was a way to encourage comments

Edited by Hotrawbutt4u

3 hours ago, Hotrawbutt4u said:

I ma not sure if this is correct or normal, but if I remember correctly a long time ago I thought I had a message that I could only reply with a reaction to a story ( a like, pig, etc...) so many times . This didn't mean I couldn't put a comment in.

I use reactions many times when someone comments on one of my stories to acknowledge that I read their comment. Plus others stories when I don't have time to reply to it.

At the time I figured it was a way to encourage comments

What you're describing is more or less correct, but this may make it easier to understand.

When someone first joins this site, he has the ability to make posts and reply to other posts. At first, he can only make a certain number of posts per day. Each post/reply made adds to one's "reputation score," which is an internal system used to determine a member's privilege level.

After a certain number of posts/replies, his reputation score rises to the point of being allowed to make more posts each day. That continues to advance until the limit on the number of daily posts, if it exists, is so large that for all intents and purposes, it's unlimited.

At the same time, as one's reputational score rises, he gains the ability to "react" to posts - with the "Like" (heart), "Thanks" (trophy), "Upvote" (green up arrow), "Downvote" (red down arrow), and so forth. In other words, "reactions" are a privilege reserved for those who have already proven - by posting and replying above a certain unspecified level - that they're active participants in this site.

Additionally, when other people who already have the ability to react to posts post a reaction to the new member's posts, the new member's score may be adjusted. Upvotes and Likes gain a point for the member; downvotes take a point from the member. I'm not sure, but I think "Thanks" and "HaHa" also gain a point for the member (or maybe not). 

Not all reactions affect the point score.

Violations of the rules of the site may or may not reduce your privileges on the site. Inadvertent errors - accidentally posting something in the wrong forum, for instance - doesn't usually affect anything. Deliberate violations - or clearly sidestepping the rules - will almost certainly result in a penalty - which can mean a temporary block on posting, for instance.

• Upvote 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, BiBeardedBB said:

I can't post or message, so how do I verify I'm not a bot, and gain those privileges? Thanks

The thing you just typed ^^^ is a post. So you can post. The way you gain additional privileges is to post good content.

On 10/21/2020 at 8:02 AM, RawPlug said:

For what it’s worth, I think it’s a very sensible policy for this site. Yes, I found it a bit frustrating at first. But by participating,  I not only moved up the ranks, as it were, but made some great contacts with like-minded guys all over the world who I might never have been in touch with. 

Same here. I kinda forced my hand from becoming a lurker to a participater. Makes for more rewarding chats, wanks, and encounters too.

• Upvote 1

On 10/20/2020 at 10:21 AM, drscorpio said:

Moderator's Note: It is because you are a New Member. Keep posting and participating, and you will be promoted out of that group. 

Also, we were having problems with spammers making accounts to send private spam messages. Currently new members are very restricted in this area for this reason. 

How many ranks are there?

How many posts do each rank get?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, TommiVirgin said:

How many ranks are there?

How many posts do each rank get?

The ranks are: New Member, Junior Member, Member, Senior Member. 

The only one who can answer your second question is the admin, rawTOP. He has not been forthcoming about the details of the system because he doesn't want people to learn how to game the system. 

6 hours ago, drscorpio said:

The ranks are: New Member, Junior Member, Member, Senior Member. 

The only one who can answer your second question is the admin, rawTOP. He has not been forthcoming about the details of the system because he doesn't want people to learn how to game the system. 

No prob.

Never hurts to ask.

Just noticed that on my profile page under my screen name. I went from “member” to a  senior member. Guess it’s a good thing however not sure how I achieved this change. Can you explain please and thank you.

• Moderators
6 hours ago, apollobchbttm said:

Just noticed that on my profile page under my screen name. I went from “member” to a  senior member. Guess it’s a good thing however not sure how I achieved this change. Can you explain please and thank you.

You have achieved a new member level and will have acquired additional privileges... more messages and reactions per day, for example. Yes, it's a good thing! Only @rawTOP knows the details of how it works, but it's generally by posting good content and participating constructively in the forum. Congrats!

I'm merging your post with the thread about "0 reactions per day" because there's a lot of discussion of this same question there. Folks who are reading that thread: do what this guy is doing! I will note that he achieved Senior Member status (the highest there is) in a little over 2 years with just over 400 posts.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy, and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.