Which is better: Star Wars v Star Trek? 😀

Carlos1881

I was hanging out with my cousins and they were having a debate about which one is better  Star Wars v Star Trek ? 

Which one do you prefer ? 

I must confess I’m a cosmic cocktail of Picard, Spock and Obi-wan 

Live Long & Prosper and May the force be with you ..

Karl 😀

23 hours ago, Karl8181 said:

I was hanging out with my cousins and they were having a debate about which one is better  Star Wars v Star Trek ? 

Which one do you prefer ? 

I must confess I’m a cosmic cocktail of Picard, Spock and Obi-wan 

Live Long & Prosper and May the force be with you ..

Karl 😀

Neither. Dr. Who is the correct answer. 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Love them both (and this topic) but if I had to say all time favorite is StarTrek but in its entirety as conceived by Gene Roddenberry and his many contributors. The Star Trek universe is about as perfect science fiction as it can get, true science that pushes the boundaries. Imagine all the modern conveniences we take for granted today that were first explored in these stories. It’s a little spooky once you put the timelines together. 

Guest Alphpig
4 hours ago, greenaxe said:

Sisko is the best captain. Sorry, not sorry

Sisko and DS9 were a joke. And he was the commander of DS9, not captain of DS9, he was captain of the Defiant. 

This is like being asked your favorite movie. Impossible.

Star Trek and Star Wars were both incredible formative for me. 

So, like most bottoms it all comes down to "Which answer gets the most seed in my cunt?"

• Like 1

On 6/4/2021 at 8:43 AM, Alphpig said:

Sisko and DS9 were a joke. And he was the commander of DS9, not captain of DS9, he was captain of the Defiant. 

Captain is a rank, not a job title, in this context. Sisko was indeed promoted from Commander to Captain during the run of the series. Admirals sometimes command ships, but that does not make them the ship's "Captain" any more than Sisko being the commanding officer of the Defiant made him "Captain" until he was promoted to that rank.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1