The Best Dr. Who? 😀

Carlos1881

That’s a very difficult question for me. I have a TARDIS console that I built in my living room (Not Joking) and taught myself electronics and metalworking in order to build my own sonic screwdriver that does, in fact, do things. In college I taught myself knitting so I could make myself a scarf (I stopped at 14 feet) which I wore around campus. In July. I’m not one of those crazy people who goes and dresses up at conventions; I know the difference between reality and a TV show. Still, from a philosophical standpoint, Doctor Who is probably the closest thing I have to religion. Never Cruel, Never Cowardly. Never carry a weapon. Bananas are good. When I say run, run.

It’s hard for me to separate the actors into ‘favorites’ because they all merge together at the edges, especially where they’ve taken pains to mimic each other’s styles to fuse themselves into the single character. The Fourth is ‘my Doctor’ because he was my first, but I have a special fondness for First, Second and Fifth as well. Eleventh(Twelfth) grew on me, as did Thirteenth(the real one, Capaldi). I also thought the War Doctor was excellent.

The woman is not The Doctor. I’m sorry. They could have possibly pulled it off, but they... well, muffed it. She is not portraying a Mad Man With A Box. So, the only way I can definitively answer your question is in the reverse: I dislike her far and away the most.

Apparently after walking in on him in his trailer; Billie Piper's nickname for David Tenant was David Teninch... just going to leave that here.

I liked Christopher Eccleston personally.

• Upvote 1

This seems so reassuringly innocent next to all the other conversations, I love the oasis of it!

For me they all have had a moment or moments where I have gone, "A-ha, there's the Dr!" But I grew up watching Tom Baker and Peter Davison. My K-9 went everywhere with me.

That's the beauty of it, everyone who watches has 'their' Dr.

And they are all The Dr.

Tom Baker for sure.  

A couple of years back there was a Radio-4 comedy "Dead Ringers" who had an impersonator that did a good Tom Baker impersonation.  They had the impersonator prank call the real Tom Baker on-air and pretend to be him from the future. The real Tom Baker immediately fell into character and there was a very amusing exchange. 

He seems to be an all round good egg, and up for a laugh. I also vaguely remember Tom Baker appearing on another comedy TV show and they had him going around Ikea's bedroom/wardrobe department shopping for a new 'Tardis' asking the IKEA sales assistants questions about the molecular integrity of different wardrobes etc. 

5 hours ago, ErosWired said:

That’s a very difficult question for me. I have a TARDIS console that I built in my living room (Not Joking) and taught myself electronics and metalworking in order to build my own sonic screwdriver that does, in fact, do things. In college I taught myself knitting so I could make myself a scarf (I stopped at 14 feet) which I wore around campus. In July. I’m not one of those crazy people who goes and dresses up at conventions; I know the difference between reality and a TV show. Still, from a philosophical standpoint, Doctor Who is probably the closest thing I have to religion. Never Cruel, Never Cowardly. Never carry a weapon. Bananas are good. When I say run, run.

It’s hard for me to separate the actors into ‘favorites’ because they all merge together at the edges, especially where they’ve taken pains to mimic each other’s styles to fuse themselves into the single character. The Fourth is ‘my Doctor’ because he was my first, but I have a special fondness for First, Second and Fifth as well. Eleventh(Twelfth) grew on me, as did Thirteenth(the real one, Capaldi). I also thought the War Doctor was excellent.

The woman is not The Doctor. I’m sorry. They could have possibly pulled it off, but they... well, muffed it. She is not portraying a Mad Man With A Box. So, the only way I can definitively answer your question is in the reverse: I dislike her far and away the most.

Never carry a weapon? What about Tom Baker in The Seeds of Doom
? Sorry to nitpick and I’m only teasing  😂 Although, I loved how violent Baker’s Doctor was in that story. 

For me, Tom Baker, no contest  - he was born for the role.

Jon Pertwee was also fantastic and would be my second choice.

Of the later ones, my preference is Christopher Eccleston, who is also the best looking Dr Who 

Peter Capaldi was also very good but I didn't like the stories form his era

Edited by greecenipples