"POPPER NOSE"!!

URS2USE

i will sometimes use "poppers" when getting barebacked by a bigger-than-normal cock, DP'd, gang banged and/or get fisted.  my problem is that i get the chemical burns from the "poppers" around my nostrils.  Not only does it hurt like Hell, but it can cause conversations, being so visible, now that mask-wearing has lessened.  Please...any suggestions on how to avoid "popper nose", but still be able to enjoy the benefits of "poppers"?

• Upvote 1

The part of poppers that has the desired effect is the fumes produced by the liquid in the bottle, not the liquid itself. The fumes should not be causing burns on your nostrils. Rather, I suspect you are placing the bottle in direct contact with the skin of your nostrils when you sniff, and that allows the liquid to come into contact with your skin. Always avoid contact between the popper liquid and bare skin, as chemical burns can result, and under no circumstances swallow any - that can be deadly.

Instead of placing the bottle directly against your nose, hold it a small distance below your nostrils and breathe in. The fumes rise from the opening, you don’t have to vacuum them out.

You can also avoid splashes by placing a cotton ball in a spare empty popper bottle and pouring a small amount of the liquid over the cotton and using that bottle - the fumes still rise, but the liquid is held in place.

Also, I recently discovered that you can purchase special flip-top caps for popper bottles that expose a small hole in the lid when the flap is opened, also limiting exposure.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, ErosWired said:

The part of poppers that has the desired effect is the fumes produced by the liquid in the bottle, not the liquid itself. The fumes should not be causing burns on your nostrils. Rather, I suspect you are placing the bottle in direct contact with the skin of your nostrils when you sniff, and that allows the liquid to come into contact with your skin. Always avoid contact between the popper liquid and bare skin, as chemical burns can result, and under no circumstances swallow any - that can be deadly.

Instead of placing the bottle directly against your nose, hold it a small distance below your nostrils and breathe in. The fumes rise from the opening, you don’t have to vacuum them out.

You can also avoid splashes by placing a cotton ball in a spare empty popper bottle and pouring a small amount of the liquid over the cotton and using that bottle - the fumes still rise, but the liquid is held in place.

Also, I recently discovered that you can purchase special flip-top caps for popper bottles that expose a small hole in the lid when the flap is opened, also limiting exposure.

Yup, poppers burn is a bitch...It's happened to me too many times...like ErosWired suggests...hold the bottle a short distance from your nose as you inhale...or use a couple of layers of cloth or a thick rag to insulate your huffing nose from the bottle!! Now enjoy...but don't use so much that you turn blue!!!

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, ErosWired said:

ErosWired...i've heard of these caps, but also a rubber nipple...kind of like a baby bottle nipple...that attaches over the bottle and goes up further inside your nostril,  with no direct contact.

Anyone know of where to find either of these...or other ideas?

• Upvote 1

For me, it really depends on the brand of poppers. I used to get terrible popper nose with some brands. Now I use Jungle Black label, it doesn't burn (not as strong, perhaps) and less headaches.

Otherwise you can try putting a bit of vaseline on your nose before you huff, to protect it, or wash your nose with real soap after you huff. Real soap is alkaline and poppers are acidic, so it balances out the Ph.

14 minutes ago, Dicker60 said:

Take several Bayer aspirin for the headaches before you play and a bit of Vaseline prevents the nose burns

not only does vaseline prevent nose burn, it also opens up the pores, allowing for a better rush, or so i was told by my ex's daughter who likes to go to raves

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, swall0w said:

not only does vaseline prevent nose burn, it also opens up the pores, allowing for a better rush, or so i was told by my ex's daughter who likes to go to raves

I’m afraid your ex’s daughter may have been confused. Vaseline does not open pores; on the contrary, it seals the skin with a barrier resistant to water - that’s how it helps with dryness. Vaseline may help to avoid direct contact with fluid and subsequent burning, but it isn’t going to do anything to enhance the ‘rush’.

Nor, indeed, could it - poppers are not absorbed through pores in the skin, but directly through respiration. No amount of pore-opening is going to make any difference. The ‘rush’ from poppers is the feeling of increased blood flow to the brain due to the relaxation of the tissue of the blood vessels.

To the OP: Yes, inhalation by mouth is just as effective. The entire point is to get the fumes into the lungs.

One thing to note regarding burns and headaches - these effects are reported to be much more common with formulations of poppers made with isopropyl nitrite, as opposed to isobutyl nitrite. Isopropyl is also demonstrated to cause eye damage. Avoid using Isopropyl-based poppers whenever possible.

• Like 2