Why Did You Get Into Bareback sex?

pabbman

9 hours ago, BlindRawFucker1 said:

I’ve always thought questions like this are interesting.

Bare is natural, condoms aren’t.

Most of us are here because condoms weren’t used.  Our fathers didn’t use a condom.  Again, it is biologically natural to not use condoms.

So, isn’t it “normal” for gay males not to use them?  It does feel better, and it is great to give and receive cum.

Yep. it is normal and natural not to use a condom.  

On 12/17/2021 at 4:29 PM, hntnhole said:

At the time, there were only three choices:  fuck with a condom and maybe stay alive, fuck raw and die, or stop fucking altogether.

Unless someone actually lived through those few years before any kind of medical help was available, they don't have so much as a clue how dark it was.  Every guy knew guys that had died an agonizing death, or were in the process.  Before then, everyone fucked raw - it was the only known way to fuck*.  Then, guys started dropping like flies.  Dozens upon dozens of "celebrations of Life" every single week.  It was like there was an unseen, unheard, mortal enemy stalking amongst the gay community.  It was nightmarish.  Having friends all of a sudden die (one guy we knew died right in our driveway) is something that is almost incomprehensible.  Some of the guys on BZ weren't even born yet when this tragedy struck.

So, please understand everyone, although that nightmare is past now, it's still a part of our history, our lives.  For whoever/whatever you believe in's sake - take steps to stay alive and 

- at least -  somewhat healthy.

*sure, there were a handful of guys who fetishized condoms, and they were definitely the oddities. 

"Agonizing" is right.  Gruesome. Horrifying. Just the memory of those days those deaths, still sadden and  haunt me.  So glad to have made it to the era of protease inhibors, but still aware of those who didn't.  They "could have been contenders. "

I began my sexual life at 15, with a girl, bare. By the time I was out of high school I had banged dozens of girls, always bare. Over my lifetime I have had sex with probably over a hundred women, lost count a long time ago, and used a condom with them maybe 5 or 6 times. Yeah, I have paid for a few abortions. I got into gay sex at age 25, back in the 70s, and it was bareback only for several years. No one even thought about condoms in the gay scene at the time, why would we? After all men didn't get pregnant. Although there have been some men I would have loved to impregnate. Then AIDS hit. It is hard now to imagine the impact it had. Everyone knew someone who died from it. I remember being in a gay-friendly bar and talking to two gays with full blown AIDS. One of them looked like a walking skeleton. They both knew they were dying and there wasn't a damned thing anyone could do about it. I began seriously limiting my gay sexual encounters and when I did have sex with a guy it was always with a condom. Well almost always, I occasionally made exceptions.   No one really knew much about HIV but we knew it was a death sentence and we were terrified of it. People were even afraid of oral sex, hell, people were afraid to make skin contact with their partner's semen. In the early 90s things began to loosen up a little. By the late 90s I started bare backing once in a while. I had gotten married and was afraid I would bring it home to my wife so I would make up excuses to not have sex with her until I could get tested. I would even get tested if all I did was give someone head. By about 2005 I had decided fuck it, my chances of catching HIV as a top were fairly low for any given encounter. But I still maintained a schedule of regular testing because of my wife. My wife went totally asexual around 2012 and I quit worrying about it and started bare backing every chance I got and went years between tests. I had one recently and am still negative.

People now talk about losing their erection with condoms but I never really had a problem with that. I could fuck just fine with a condom on, it just wasn't nearly as much fun as bare. By the later 80s on through the 90s it was just part of the routine. But I never did like to use them and plan on NEVER using one again. Bare back forever, just as the sex gods and goddesses intended

Edited by ktopper