Okay, Explain: Why Hit On Guys On The Opposite Side Of The Fucking Planet?

ErosWired

Here is my take on that.  I live in Florida and that is a very touristy state.  Do you know how many Europeans, Canadians and South Americans come here at some point during the year to get away from bad weather.  A large number of them do.  So I "never say never" because I have been pleasantly surprised to find guys I have exchanged messages on various web sites suddenly on vacation in Florida.  They are horny and looking to fuck.  I keep my options open.  Also, my friend has me listed as his "domestic partner" and I can fly standby to any part of the US or any nation that they airline flies to.  I have been to Europe, Canada, South America and all over the US for one reason - DICK.  So it's not out of the realms of possibilities that I can hook up with someone who is "on the other side of the world".  Don't limit yourself, because you never know if the hot guy you are sending messages with may have a reason for being in your locale. It can, and does, happen.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

I begin to see the possible root of my annoyance here. I have no interest whatsoever in ‘chatting’. Least of all on topics that are about what you would do if you hooked up, but you have no intention of doing so. If I suffer the overall irritation of dealing with the apps, it’s because I’m using them as a utility, a means to a physical end. I’m no social butterfly (more of a moth, really) and I can see how from some if your perspectives a message from Australia is like a wink from across the room at a bar. That’s nice. I’m glad you all find joy in life like that. Really, I’d just rather the guy sitting next to me would just stick his hand in my pants.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ErosWired said:

I begin to see the possible root of my annoyance here. I have no interest whatsoever in ‘chatting’. Least of all on topics that are about what you would do if you hooked up, but you have no intention of doing so. If I suffer the overall irritation of dealing with the apps, it’s because I’m using them as a utility, a means to a physical end. I’m no social butterfly (more of a moth, really) and I can see how from some if your perspectives a message from Australia is like a wink from across the room at a bar. That’s nice. I’m glad you all find joy in life like that. Really, I’d just rather the guy sitting next to me would just stick his hand in my pants.

And there's absolutely nothing wrong with that! Seriously.

I just hate (okay, well, get mildly annoyed) when people who want to use a resource in one particular way get annoyed when others use it a different way. Just make it clear enough in your profile that you're not interested in chat, only action (and if appropriate, specify "I mean NOW, not you'll be here next month sometime maybe"). And then feel free to blast anyone who can't read that clear statement and comprehend it.

• Upvote 1

I’ve had gone send me messages on BBrt. They were in Canada. I’m in SoCal. 

I’m on that site to meet up and get fucked. Not to chat. 

and they would even unlock their private pics, and ask what I was up to. 

hello, I’m in San Diego. It’s not gonna happen. 

and it’s not like they were on vacation either, because their location clearly said Canada 

Edited by badubydo
  • Upvote 1

Normally, I’m opposed to this too. But i had connected with 47 yr tall, hairy, salt n pepper, Swedish daddy who i wanted to breed in the worst way. He and i kept in touch. Lo and behold, about three weeks ago he had a 7hr layover in Charlotte. I pumped seven loads in him before he busted all our hairy chests, then cuddled. Made me rethink my total aversion to long distance connection. 

I've had men who are thousands of miles away hit me up. Some of them just want to give a compliment. I'll take it. Some of them are even coming to my state on vacation. But they're going to the Southern part and I live in the Northern part and that's still a few hundred miles away. My view on it is that if the universe intends for us to hookup, it will happen regardless of where we might be at the time of initial contact. And if we don't hookup, there's no harm and no foul in exchanging a few pleasantries. As others have said, the world needs more of that these days....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/10/2022 at 8:17 PM, BootmanLA said:

I just hate (okay, well, get mildly annoyed) when people who want to use a resource in one particular way get annoyed when others use it a different way. Just make it clear enough in your profile that you're not interested in chat, only action (and if appropriate, specify "I mean NOW, not you'll be here next month sometime maybe"). And then feel free to blast anyone who can't read that clear statement and comprehend it.

I take your point, but not every application is intended to be used for every purpose, and I think a very good argument could be made that the utility potential of hookup apps has been widely compromised, if not critically undermined, by people co-opting them for use for other purposes. That’s not to say that all apps should be dedicated hookup platforms, but a few dedicated hookup platforms that aren’t rendered unusable by fantasists, fappers and flakes are sorely in need, in my opinion.

The way I look at it, it’s sort of like a group of people deciding to take over a railway platform so they can all go line-dancing in its open space. I shouldn’t have to explain to every person I encounter that I don’t want to dance a set with them because I want to catch the train, and I shouldn’t have to shout at them to get out of the way before I miss the connection - the platform was built for boarding trains, not as a dance floor.

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, ErosWired said:

I take your point, but not every application is intended to be used for every purpose, and I think a very good argument could be made that the utility potential of hookup apps has been widely compromised, if not critically undermined, by people co-opting them for use for other purposes. That’s not to say that all apps should be dedicated hookup platforms, but a few dedicated hookup platforms that aren’t rendered unusable by fantasists, fappers and flakes are sorely in need, in my opinion.

The way I look at it, it’s sort of like a group of people deciding to take over a railway platform so they can all go line-dancing in its open space. I shouldn’t have to explain to every person I encounter that I don’t want to dance a set with them because I want to catch the train, and I shouldn’t have to shout at them to get out of the way before I miss the connection - the platform was built for boarding trains, not as a dance floor.

But in your determination to catch that train, you may run past someone dancing on the platform you’d like to do the horizontal rumba with. Who knows…? 

Edited by RawPlug

On 4/10/2022 at 9:17 PM, BootmanLA said:

There's just one problem with that: People who don't read profiles (or the blood rushed from their head to somewhere else and their brain shut off).  

I've said exactly this on profiles that I'm not interested in chat or situations where I need to call my travel agent to get laid. Yet, guys refuse to read that and just hit you up anyway. Here's others:

Hey, I'm a FF Top. Nice for you, nothing in my profile indicates I'm a FF bottom.
How's it going, safe play only. My profile is clear in that I don't want condoms.
How about some role-play? I'm really clear I'm not into RP.
I'll hookup if you're "gen". Fuck, how many different ways can you make it clear you aren't gen? 

And all of those were examples that were totally unsolicited, So I totally get why @ErosWired finds that this grinds his gears. Mine too. Simple solution is the block function.

I would make one exception to the rule. Many of the hookup sites have a way of listing future travel plans, or you could put it in the text of your profile. I see nothing wrong with some advanced scouting for a trip you are publicizing that you are taking (and have even done it myself). If you don't actually have and indicate travel plans, you are probably just another time waster.

The train platform line dancing is an interesting metaphor, I often describe what way too many guys do in a sex club as the no mating dance or the blue ball. I've been watching some of them for over 10 years and have no idea what they like or do sexually.

• Upvote 1

Ok, Through chat, compliments whatever, I have met up with guys, not always within a couple of weeks, but eventually in Spain, Rome, where I was introduced to more tops., NYC, NJ, LA, France and prior as I was visiting Russia,  hot Russian daddy. So imo, it works if you have patience snd want it to.

• Like 1