10 hours ago, ellentonboy said:

What's sad is that being a white man seems to put you at the head of the line

This was my problem as well.  Being Caucasian, blond, slim, all the triggers were in place through no fault of my own.  I grew up in a large city where every guy looked just like me, and I looked like every other guy.  My HS graduation class of 864 kids, included exactly 1 (one) Jewish kid, and 0 (zero) Black or Brown kids.  None.  Imagine what that does to a guy.  Imagine the cesspool of racism I had to a) figure out, b) try to overcome, and c) deal with.  Faced with odds like that, it's hardly a wonder that so many seem to be interested in only reflections of themselves, and thus depriving themselves of the richness and magnificent variety within our special community.  It was so deeply ingrained, that folks of one Nordic Country denigrated folks of the other Nordic country just over the mountains !!!  Gotta have someone to hate, huh?

It's not that I won't - I'll fuck guys that look like me.  But given my druthers, I'll take the spice and variety any day. 

18 hours ago, hntnhole said:

This was my problem as well.  Being Caucasian, blond, slim, all the triggers were in place through no fault of my own.  I grew up in a large city where every guy looked just like me, and I looked like every other guy.  My HS graduation class of 864 kids, included exactly 1 (one) Jewish kid, and 0 (zero) Black or Brown kids.  None.  Imagine what that does to a guy.  Imagine the cesspool of racism I had to a) figure out, b) try to overcome, and c) deal with.  Faced with odds like that, it's hardly a wonder that so many seem to be interested in only reflections of themselves, and thus depriving themselves of the richness and magnificent variety within our special community.  It was so deeply ingrained, that folks of one Nordic Country denigrated folks of the other Nordic country just over the mountains !!!  Gotta have someone to hate, huh?

It's not that I won't - I'll fuck guys that look like me.  But given my druthers, I'll take the spice and variety any day. 

Your high school class and the one I attended sound similar.  Going to parochial school in Philadelphia that charged tuition, meant that in my graduating class, at least among the boys, there was one African American and one Hispanic.  Those minorities that started in my freshman year slowly disappeared as their diocese didn't contribute towards their tuition, so they ended up leaving for public high schools.  My tennis coach was a minority English teacher, but other than him all I saw were white faces.  

I hear wha you are saying, about "spice" and "variety" because frankly, I was taught to be afraid of anyone who didn't look like me.  Once I was able to overcome my fears I have embraced or pursued sexual opportunities with those who are different.  I don't know about you, but even today I still get remarks from acquaintances that it isn't "a good look" for me to be seen with or be open about my encounters with brown or black men.  I tell them I don't care what people say about me. You would think that in 2022 people would have moved past that, but sadly they haven't.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ellentonboy said:

but even today I still get remarks from acquaintances that it isn't "a good look" for me to be seen with or be open about my encounters with brown or black men.

I understand all too well.  I still get that kind garbage occasionally, but not from anyone that knows much about me.  I've come far enough that guys I know (platonically) also know my views on the depravity of racism, white privilege, all of it.  For better or worse, I am not particularly shy about my views, I guess. 

Oddly, when I moved to Ft.L., out walking the dog I would see p.o.c. walking on the street, and before I could say good morning or whatever, they would look down at the pavement.  Someone pointed out to me that Af/Am folks were actually taught not to look Caucasian in the eye, as that could be interpreted negatively.  Absolutely stunning. 

So, to overtly reject that, I started purposely saying good morning/hi fairly loudly.  Now, if these same folks see me first, they call out "good morning" before I even see them.  How're ya doing - smiling instead of looking at the pavement. That's all it took. 

It's so easy to be a decent human being, and so tough to be an asshole sometimes.  Yet, some of us are determined to live down to the expectations.  

• Like 6

On 4/25/2022 at 2:57 PM, ellentonboy said:

It' something I've noticed more so in recent years, and the black men I have been involved with have told me they would never date or be sexual with another man of color.  I don't understand the logic, I think if you eliminate someone solely for their skin color you could possibly miss out on an opportunity to meet a great individual.

I'll suggest another reason, one I heard more than a couple of times when I played in the Philadelphia area: a black man doesn't trust another black man to keep quiet about the encounter. In fact, the apprehension went farther than mere gossip as, for example, any acknowledgement of each other on the street could quickly lead to "how do you know him?" No one, or at least the men I met, wanted to be asked that question by family and friends. They figured that they were far less likely to encounter in their regular lives a white man with whom they had played, thus minimizing the risk of exposure.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, ejaculaTe said:

I'll suggest another reason, one I heard more than a couple of times when I played in the Philadelphia area: a black man doesn't trust another black man to keep quiet about the encounter. In fact, the apprehension went farther than mere gossip as, for example, any acknowledgement of each other on the street could quickly lead to "how do you know him?" No one, or at least the men I met, wanted to be asked that question by family and friends. They figured that they were far less likely to encounter in their regular lives a white man with whom they had played, thus minimizing the risk of exposure.  

Well that makes sense.  I noticed that since moving to Florida none of the black men I have met have wanted to "host".  That's fine with me, I don't want to run the risk of driving but it does reduce their risk of neighbors gossiping about why a white guy shows up at 1 am on the weekend in an Uber.    Interesting too, is that the black men (and I can count them on one hand) would continue to come over or contact me, usually when their schedule was free to "get away" for an hour or two.  I'm not complaining.........

For me, and I know I might get chastised but race is a huge factor. I have a preference for certain races and dislike for others. I’m also into race play (role play). You can call me racist I don’t care, but people who say race is not a factor I just don’t buy it. I see people “prefer Asians” etc. I think race factor is hot as fuck. 

On 4/29/2022 at 3:16 PM, LJB666 said:

For me, and I know I might get chastised but race is a huge factor. I have a preference for certain races and dislike for others. I’m also into race play (role play). You can call me racist I don’t care, but people who say race is not a factor I just don’t buy it. I see people “prefer Asians” etc. I think race factor is hot as fuck. 

Assuming the rest of the world shares your viewpoint is pretty much the epitome of navel gazing.

• Downvote 1

You go on any date site you can pick your preference of race. I think most people have racial preferences. I’ve had several Asian and Latino partners tell me they strongly prefer only white males. I’ve been with white guys that only like white guys, with white guys that fetishism about black cock, I have a strong preference for Latino and Asians. Race plays a role. I don’t think that’s navel gazing, its about our personal choices and likes, they’re extensions of who we are. 

Edited by LJB666
  • Upvote 1

On 5/1/2022 at 12:43 AM, LJB666 said:

You go on any date site you can pick your preference of race. I think most people have racial preferences. I’ve had several Asian and Latino partners tell me they strongly prefer only white males. I’ve been with white guys that only like white guys, with white guys that fetishism about black cock, I have a strong preference for Latino and Asians. Race plays a role. I don’t think that’s navel gazing, its about our personal choices and likes, they’re extensions of who we are. 

The part that's "navel gazing" is assuming that because YOU sort by race, EVERYONE sorts by race.

Ditto for your self-selected sample of "several partners" who told you what they like.

On 5/2/2022 at 6:44 PM, BootmanLA said:

The part that's "navel gazing" is assuming that because YOU sort by race, EVERYONE sorts by race.

Ditto for your self-selected sample of "several partners" who told you what they like.

"EVERYONE" sorts by race? That's a bit of a stretch, I am not quite sure that is true........

15 minutes ago, hntnhole said:

You're really polite and polished, aren'tcha ..... 

Polite?  Yes I am.  PC 100% of the time - absolutely not.  You'd cringe if you heard some of things that come out of my mouth (or maybe you wouldn't).  But when someone uses a generalization like "EVERYONE.........", that's just not true.

I hate when EVERYONE is grouped together, our preferences are all the same, because quite frankly, we are not all similar.

Wouldn't it  be a boring world if we were?   Would I embarrass a friend or buddy at a group event by saying something 100 percent inappropriate - absolutely not.  Would I whisper something in your ear totally inappropriate about the same topic 15 seconds later that makes you drop your bottle of poppers, FOR SURE!  I think it's not about what you say, but when and where you say it.  

😏

• Upvote 3

I never thought of this as being an issue. But then again, living in a rural makes every gay/bi male of all descriptions a member of a pretty small community, and we sure as hell can't afford to exclude anyone! That's just my thought on the matter, I'm sure there are others around my area that differ in opinion. Right now my primary recurring fuck buddy is black, and while the skin on skin contrast makes me all the hotter for his cum, sex with him is like sex with anyone else. He has a cock, he wants to cum in me, and I am good with that.

• Upvote 1