Gay Campgrounds

AirmaxUK

A recent internet rabbit hole search led me to the website of a gay campground/resort in the US.  It's not something I've considered before but it ticks more boxes than I expected.

Is there a central website that lists and compares all such places and their facilities?  US is of interest but worldwide might be interesting. 

Would be also interested to know any recommendations from guys who've stayed... My only requirements are that they have rental cabins, caravans or tents (as I am travelling from abroad) and some kind of play space. I'd prefer a place or event that attracts a more 40s and older crowd that's more bearish than twinkish. Friendly and inclusive rather than attitudey and judgey.  

And finally, any tips on staying?

Thanks

Andy

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AirmaxAndy said:

A recent internet rabbit hole search led me to the website of a gay campground/resort in the US.  It's not something I've considered before but it ticks more boxes than I expected.

Is there a central website that lists and compares all such places and their facilities?  US is of interest but worldwide might be interesting. 

Would be also interested to know any recommendations from guys who've stayed... My only requirements are that they have rental cabins, caravans or tents (as I am travelling from abroad) and some kind of play space. I'd prefer a place or event that attracts a more 40s and older crowd that's more bearish than twinkish. Friendly and inclusive rather than attitudey and judgey.  

Thanks

Andy

Naturist websites often talk about stuff like that. Various cruising sites also have listings that might help. I'll message you about other ideas. 

If want actual campground types, I can recommend both Timberfell Lodge in Greeneville (near Knoxville) Tennessee and Sawmill (Dade City in central Florida). Going on an event weekend assures a good turn out and plenty of play partners.  If you are just looking for a good gay resort, I can recommend CCBC in Palm Springs California area and Parliament resort in Augusta Georgia area. And again, event weekends have more guys at them, so more chances to indulge in open promiscuous sex play.

• Like 2
  • Piggy 1

If you get to Ohio check out Freedom Valley. It's an all male gay campground, with campers, cabins and a tent area. Normally a lot of fun on the weekends. More of a laid-back vibe on weekdays.

I lived near timberfell for a number of years.  I never visited as often as you might expect living less than a hour away.  But it is a well Managed an well kept facility.  Food option is premium I’m compared to many campgrounds.   Regulars/perm campers can be a bit snobby to new folks but perhaps a natural thing given the  openness overall.  Fairly easy access in eastern Tennessee near NC border. A good add on to an Asheville visit or Dollywood trip.   

my personal favorite is Rivers Edge in Dewy Rose Georgia.  A bit hard to get to  and certainly rustic The wooded trails have never failed to provide a fun evening.  Limited cabins are basic.  Tent/Camper sites plentiful. Decent pool and other amenities but keep basic and rustic in your frame of reference. Make sure you have a decent small flashlight. I have a tiny but high end on a leather “necklace”. A red disc (think pilot shop) preserves night vision and makes mood sexy

Most dick per visit of any i campground I have visited —if that is on your list of attractions.  Theme weekends can be busy.    40+ and bearish seem to be most common.  A leather/bdsm atmosphere is usually around but not obvious at first glance.  Lots of dad/sons. Seem to enjoy. 

Camp Buckwood, south of Indianapolis in Indiana, fits all the criteria you list. Very mixed, open and non-judgmental, in my experience. There are a couple of dedicated play areas, but the whole place is a playspace, properly considered. There’s a range of accommodation from tent spaces to cabins to bunkhouse and lodge rooms, as well as RV sites.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AirmaxAndy said:

Thanks

Andy

There's one near Peterborough but I'm sure you probably know that!

I'm hoping to try it out in the next few weeks 

5 hours ago, 1hornyjohn said:

There's one near Peterborough but I'm sure you probably know that!

I'm hoping to try it out in the next few weeks 

If you mean Rosebay then I am aware of it. If you become a member then you get access to videos of the play spaces - although it is unclear which are of the new play space and which are of the former one in Blackpool. Planning a weekend up there but they could do with some catering facilities on site. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AirmaxAndy said:

If you mean Rosebay then I am aware of it. If you become a member then you get access to videos of the play spaces - although it is unclear which are of the new play space and which are of the former one in Blackpool. Planning a weekend up there but they could do with some catering facilities on site. 

Yes I did mean Rosebay. I think some of their videos are of the Peterborough place rather than Blackpool.

Anyway, when I get up there I'll let you know how it pans out.

One thing I'll note: I suspect none, or at the most very few, such places rent tents to people.

Most campgrounds have some mix of RV spots, cabins, and "primitive" (ie tent) spaces. The problem with renting tents is that inexpensive ones are unlikely to last more than a few rentals (because people don't/won't take care with setting them up and in using them) and expensive, quality ones won't earn back their cost before they wear out from general use.

Since you'll almost certainly either be renting a vehicle when you fly over, or joining up with friends who've agreed to transport you, if you want "cheap" make plans to stop by a discount store with a sporting goods department after arrival, and grab the cheapest tent you can find. Gift it to someone or throw it away on your return. The same with any gear (sleeping bag, bedroll, etc.) that you may need that isn't easily transportable on a trans-Atlantic flight.

Renting a cabin at such places is usually a good bit more, but you end up with at least a basic bed (you may have to bring your own pillow, but an inflatable in your suitcase (or again, a cheap one bought on arrival) will suffice, I'm sure. Check their policies on bedlinens, etc. - sometimes they're included, sometimes not. The more expensive units almost always include them.

Cabins have the additional advantage of more room to play. Many campgrounds have a clothing-optional area (typically around the pool) but officially, clothes must be worn elsewhere - at the snack bar/restaurant, to/from the shower houses, and so forth. There's frequently a "wilderness" area with trails, etc. (some with equipment set up along the way) where play goes on (technically in public, but you kind of have to go looking for it, which is the point). When you have a tent, they're not generally super-keen on sexual activity outside where other people are also tent camping, which limits you to inside your tent or off on the trails. When you have a cabin, you and a friend (or friends) can go at it all you want.

Mind you, on some weekends campgrounds are also booked for events and you have to buy into the event to camp there. The tradeoff is that in many such cases, rules about public play are considerably more relaxed because everyone who enters has signed a waiver regarding the event in question. That's not universal, so asking question is always a good idea.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BootmanLA said:

stop by a discount store with a sporting goods department after arrival, and grab the cheapest tent you can find.

As a former park ranger, I cannot recommend this. There’s no need to invest in high-end equipment you’re going to use once, but this is your shelter from the elements, and you do not know what nature has in store for your visit. At the least, you want a tent reinforced to withstand moderate winds, and treated for water resistance if not waterproofed. If your shelter fails, sex will drop on your priority list surprisingly quickly.

Unless you plan on sleeping in another man’s tent every night. Or not sleeping at all.

I might add that I don’t tent camp at all - I always get a cabin, and am consider it worth every penny.

Edited by ErosWired

There are 3 in northeast Pennsylvania: The Woods, Hillside, and Oneida. It admittedly has been a few hundred years since I was at any of them, but this city kid totally enjoyed camping. There are several posts on Breeding Zone about the 3 sites; just type “Hillside campground,” for example, in the search box at the top of this page. And be sure to bring comfortable boots and plenty of insect repellent.

On 7/9/2022 at 5:54 AM, MuscledHorse said:

If want actual campground types, I can recommend both Timberfell Lodge in Greeneville (near Knoxville) Tennessee and Sawmill (Dade City in central Florida). Going on an event weekend assures a good turn out and plenty of play partners.  If you are just looking for a good gay resort, I can recommend CCBC in Palm Springs California area and Parliament resort in Augusta Georgia area. And again, event weekends have more guys at them, so more chances to indulge in open promiscuous sex play.

There is one in MI. I know a couple of friends that have gone there. It’s all about sex there. Partner swapping and group play. Sounds like a great weekend.