Okay, Explain: Why does “On My Way” also mean the opposite?

ErosWired

6 minutes ago, hntnhole said:

These were guys that you'd come to "know", felt were trustworthy, all of that, right?  So you were able to feel "safe" (from covid, anyway) with them?  

I'd say "safer" vs "safe."  Connecting with FB's vs hooking with anonymous strangers is prolly the only form of 'safer sex' i'll practice. Even that was rare, and nothing for the first 8 months of Covid. Now i'm back to one FB because of MP. Didn't qualify for the vaccine recently. Could of lied, but will get it when it comes more available. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the editing suggestion - should have been obvious on my pre-click read-through.  Safer is a better word.  I had one (1) guy that I got through the covid stuff with, and that was at least something.  One drawback, I suppose, is when we almost always fuck in the backrooms/fuckjoints, we seldom say much more then 'hey ,that was a hot fuck" to each other, let alone exchange contact information.  

On 9/5/2022 at 3:48 AM, ErosWired said:

I’m hosting in Louisville tonight, and have so far had three (3) men say either “On my way” or OMW and then not show up. In two of the three cases I could watch the locator distance sit at precisely the same number, meaning they didn’t even budge.

Why, why, why the fuck do men do this? It absolutely baffles me, yet it’s become so common it’s epidemic. It’s as though somehow “on my way” has taken on the meaning of “not on my way”. The trouble is, some people do use it the original way, which means now the term is useless because you can’t know which it means at any given time.

Men - for the live of all that’s cock-shaped, QUIT SAYING ‘ON MY WAY’ IF YOU’RE NOT COMING. IT’S A DICK MOVE.

I'm guessing since its an anonymous open door cumdump situation, the reasoning is that you would not know if they came or not...assuming others did show up.

4 hours ago, topblkmale said:

I'm guessing since its an anonymous open door cumdump situation, the reasoning is that you would not know if they came or not...assuming others did show up.

The thing is, as often as not the guy who pulls the OMW trick is one who let me know he needed discretion and wanted assurance that it would be one-on-one. A lot of the time guys want to know if I’m alone before they say they’re headed my way. So for a lot of them, they would have the opposite expectation than assuming someone else would come and I wouldn’t know the difference.

If the guy has been at my house four or five times and says "On my way", I am pretty certain he is going to show.  My time is as valuable as his, and the guys I play with know and respect that.  However, if it's a "newbie", a  "first time fuck", I want an exact time, not a range of "Oh I will be there between 11:00 pm and 1:00 am".  NO YOU WON'T. You don't get to monopolize two hours of my time, when I could have someone else come over.  This is not "Anytime Dining" on a cruise ship for God's sake.

I have made a deal myself, I don't give my address out immediately.  I tell them the area I live in, and ask that they text me when they are in the area and within ten minutes of my location. Only then, will I give out my address.

I am not about to sit and wait for some unknown quality guy when I could get a buddy who is reliable and shows up at a mutually agreed upon time.

Have some consideration for your fellow man, "newbie's take note".

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ErosWired said:

I guess that rules out getting fucked by a cable repair guy.

Yes that rules out all the Spectrum employees that may show up, but not Geek Squad from Best Buy.  They charge a small fortune, so they are usually punctual.

59 minutes ago, ErosWired said:

Why do I get the impression that you’re speaking from experience? Is there something you’d like to share with the group? 😃

No, the Geek Squad is not part of the list of customer service  representatives that I have slept with.  I do, on occasion, ask people what they do for a living before and after sex.  Actually, you and I have a common denominator based on a previous thread regarding interaction with the police.    It has to with our current or former employer....do you recall?😉

Another variation on this is the in-the-morning guys. I’ve been hosting for years now, and most every time I host, someone will ask me when I have to leave in the morning because he plans to hit me on his way to work. There are similarly guys who come to fuck me, very much enjoyed what they got, and tell me they plan to tap mr again in the morning.

Not a single one - not one - has ever shown up the next morning. I think sleep renders all stated intentions null and void - that, and taking a shower.

On 9/6/2022 at 9:20 AM, tallslenderguy said:

i think the anonymity of online makes it easier for guys to be inconsiderate, bringing out their inner three year old.  my guess is anyone who does that would to be a less than stellar fuck anyway, obviously self absorbed. It is enormously frustrating though. 

i think online hook up culture has mutated too. i used to have a fair amount of success with CL, running an ad where i'd be waiting naked and ass up. But it's never been perfect or 100%  Nothing has ever beat cruising spots for me. "On my way" is never an issue at a cruising location because the real, serious Guys who want to fuck are already there. If i'm seriously in need of cock, i don't even attempt apps, i just go to the local ABS... covid put a damper on that for awhile, thank goodness for FB's. 

Oh to have bookstores here in Wisconsin (the old bookstores, with booths and GH backroom).  And bars used to be a great place to hang out for awhile, and meet guys.  Some bars were accommodating and had back rooms or basements.  

In this part of the US; those live, in person meeting places which didn't prescreen anyone or have a readable list of preferences and attributes are ghost towns.  I think many in our community miss out on starting with eye contact and if a spark sparked we would have a conversation; or not, maybe just fuck and say nothing....  Conversation was two way, eye to eye.  I miss that...

It was my intention as covid has diminished immediacy in our lives to take the long drive into Chicago and visit Steamworks.  I am suspecting mpox will level off; decline as we are able to get the shots and hopefully; the next hurrah doesn't start up as mpox starts to resolve and we enter an era of "wack em ole" the next virus.  Quite a relief when I hear from some of the candidates that climate change isn't emerging...  (NOT)  I recall the sudden, but brief impacts when transport throttled back massively at the start of Covid.  Some days one could get the impression mother earth isn't fond of us...  

Anyway, I digressed; sorry.  So many customs from live in person meeting places didn't translate well to cyber.    In cyber there is a breakdown of the fundamental courtesies that 'in person" life mostly demanded.   Hopefully we'll work it out. 

For my own experience, there are the occasional OMW no shows.  It is of course disappointing.  There have been times when an OMW no show apologizes.  But if they ghost I just block them.  I actually experienced one OMW NoShow who apologized; set a new time and were once again an OMW NoShow.  I don't get angry; often my gut instinct is pretty reliable of who is likely to be one.  But it is pointless to continue if they are an OMW NoShow.   I do have a couple dozen semi regular fellows though and none of them has ever been an OMW NoShow.  As I see it; it is a phenomena experienced only in men I've never met.   Perhaps this is the virtual "eyecatch" followed by an unspoken "awshit"?  

16 hours ago, partying.hard said:

I actually have talked to a couple of guys who would do this. And for them, they never intended to hook up. It was just the sexual thrill that someone wanted them that was like making the final conquest.

It’s as I feared, then. They’re just selfish, inconsiderate assholes, thoughtlessly deceiving another person just for a thrill, giving no consideration to the value of the other person’s time, or his feelings. What’s more, they’re liars and frauds, because they agree to something they know they’re not going to do. There is no excuse for it.

The irony is, they derive their thrill from the idea that someone wants them, but they don’t think about it enough to realize that once they’ve done it, that guy isn’t going to want to touch them with a ten-foot pole - the very act makes them undesirable.

• Upvote 2